5.0 out of 5 stars Great cross trainers
Published on October 16, 2012 by CatinSeattle

3.0 out of 5 stars Wished it would have worked
I wished that these shoes would have worked out.
Published on February 21, 2013 by C. Cooper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cross trainers, October 16, 2012
I purchased these to replace a pair of New Balance 1011's I've had since Christmas 2011. The New Balance were great for all the jumping around I do working out but over time the back of the shoes collapsed in even though I always untied to get them on and off and the tongue would always slide off to the side. I decided to try Asics since Michelle Dozois wears them in her Peak 10 videos. These have proven a worthy replacement to the 1011's after a half-dozen workouts. I have zero discomfort in my feet, shins, or knees. They provide great support for lateral movements and for, my favorite, burpees. A huge plus to these over New Balance - lots of arch support built into the shoe. With my old 1011's I had to buy Superfeet inserts and spend quite a bit more money. These Asics are great right out of the box if you over-pronate like me. They did rub a bit around the ankles for the first couple of wearings but it no longer bothers me. If you like Cathe Friedrich workouts, Patrick Goudeau, etc., give these a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 15, 2011
I am a personal trainer and aerobics instructor and I am in love with these shoes. Comfort and looks- I always get compliments on them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Support & comfort!!, November 14, 2012
I have owned lots of Asics cross trainer shoes and I typically research and buy the ones with the gel both in the forefoot & under the heel! These are by far the best ones so far.....I didn't have to put my HTP insoles in them for extra support. They are super comfortable, true to size, great support both on the bottom of the foot and for lateral movement. I teach a ton of hard core fitness classes every week and I can't believe how good my lower legs/ankles/achilles felt after wearing these one time. Worth every penny!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wished it would have worked, February 21, 2013
I wished that these shoes would have worked out.
Size Wise: I was advised, by an Asics rep that I called before buying, to go at least a half size up, so I did. They were to big, slipping off the heel. I tried to move the laces to help but it didn't. They were also to small in the toe box, pinching on the little toes. I also felt that the arch was a bit to much for me. I am slightly flat footed so this tends to be an issue.
Looks Wise: I liked the looked of these. Wearing a size 11 I am sometimes pushed into men's shoes which make my already large feet look even bigger. Also a lot of the cross trainers out there are black and to me that make it even worse. I like a nice white or light gray shoe. Something feminine.
My previous shoes was the Saucony Cross Trainers which I found out immediately did not have enough lateral support, but I wore them out before trying these. I have just ordered The New Balance WX1012. So we will see how they stack up.
Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my needs, January 23, 2013
bpcw (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Love the fore- and rearfoot gel cushioning. I do a lot of high-impact workouts, mainly Cathe Friedrich, and these cross-trainers feel very supportive.
The fit is true to my size. I have medium arches (not high or flat), and fit a M (not narrow or wide).
The shoe opening is a bit lower than I've ever experienced, and the tongue is just short, but neither has caused any problems.
As one reviewer said, the army green in the decoration was an odd color choice, but I can live with it.
I appreciate the Free Returns, which thankfully I didn't have to take advantage of

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cross trainer!, January 13, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Uptempo Training Shoe (Apparel)
ASICS always delivers! I teach Group Fitness classes(TurboKick, Strength Training, CardioDance,Pilates, Step,etc,) and I have found this shoe to be an all-around great shoe. I usually need my orthotic for cardio training, but this shoe has the best support- inside and outside- so I don't need it. I loved it so much I bought two pair. Thanks,ASICS!

2.0 out of 5 stars did not like not as promised, February 9, 2014
I hated this shoe. It did not fit and was not as described I either threw the shoe or returned it back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cushioned sole!, May 1, 2013
I love that these make me feel like I'm walking on air, but if I had tried them on in a store, I would have tried a size down. I've always worn size 8 athletic shoes, especially in ASICS, but I think my usual street shoe size of 7.5 would have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, April 29, 2013
I have "troublesome" feet - narrow, with flat arches and tend to walk on the outer edge of my feet. Shoes with high, hard arch support turn my feet even more. These are perfect for me ... provide comfortable arch support while keeping my feet in proper alignment. I am 50+ and just restarting aerobics afer 5 years and comfort is important for my knees and ankles. No pain at all with these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pair of shoes i've ever owned., April 4, 2013
I have only had these shoes for a couple weeks. but they are great, I read all the other reviews before I bought them because I have never had a pair of cross trainers before and I didnt even really know the difference. The arch that is already in the shoe is perfect for me. All my life I have needed inserts or special shoes that were super costly to support my feet. The overall support is great and it is perfect for my training program. I only ever had one other pair of Asics before, when I ran track in high school, my sprinter shoes were also pretty great. So thanks Asics :) this is a pretty awesome shoe!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›