4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Walking too!
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Narrower and shorter than other asics
I have worn asics for years, mostly the running shoe, but a couple cross trainers. Although these are very cute on and feel cushioned on the bottom, the toe box is too narrow for me. I have a wider foot and narrow heel which is why I've loved the asics shoes This shoe is not that same cut as my kayanos or previous cross trainers.
Published 1 month ago by T. Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Walking too!, October 21, 2013
I normally use Earth, Ryka or ASICS for walking and running. I have owned ASICS before but never a cross trainer in any brand. I'm not sure how cross trainers normally fit and so I hesitate to say that this shoe runs small. I wear a 6/12 in Earth (they tend to run larger and have a wider toe box) but in all other brands I always wear a 7. I purchased a 7 in the ASICS Windom and was worried that it might be too small but hesitated to return it since I've never needed a 7/12 in any brand. These fit very snug at first but after wearing them for a few hours over a 2 day period they loosened up and now fit me perfectly with light socks. My opinion is that if you like more room, you may want to try a 1/2 size up. I have a neutral gait, average arch and width with an arthritis bunion at the big toe joint. After my initial break in wear, I participated in a 3 mile walk with no problems from rubbing or blistering. I purchased these mainly for walking in theme park crowds where you have a lot of quick stops, sudden turns and the surfaces are various pavements and sometimes uneven. I have walked 7+ miles in a day and these shoes supported my feet perfectly, including the arch, and because the toe box is a bit stretchy it does not crush my problem toe area. They have good cushion in the heel and ball area but the sole is flexible to allow your foot to bend naturally. I like that they fit snug (no heel slipping)and provide good support allowing me to make cuts and turns without turning my ankle or twisting my foot. For walking and short jogs/sprints they have worked well for me and caused no foot, back or knee pains. I suspect they would also work for shorter distance runs but I have not tried them as I have other running shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for workouts, February 26, 2014
I love ASICS and have never bought a pair that fit poorly. I especially like the wider foot bed and toe area which makes them very comfortable during an hour on the treadmill or elliptical. They are a little lighter in weight as well.

These cross trainers seem to be cut a little lower than average running shoes so, if you have a high instep, they may not be too comfortable for you.

Otherwise, this is a great pair of sneakers for a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, February 18, 2014
When I first put them on they seemed tight but after two times of wearing them they now fit to my foot and very comfortable. I am pleased with the support and comfort. I'm using them for walking and they make my walk a lot easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars great running shoes!, June 8, 2014
Melissa (Torrance, CA United States) - See all my reviews
When I first got these, I wore them at the gym and ran on the treadmill. When I was done, my knees were killing me so I went home and iced my knees. I've never had that happen before so maybe it was just my knees that day I wear these shoes all the time now for running outside in the street and I don't have a problem with them at all. I love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these sneakers!, January 12, 2014
I've rated these 5 stars. They're a great shoe; very lightweight and durable. I've done a few 2-3 mile walks in them since getting them and they are comfortable and feel great.

Even received them ahead of schedule during holiday shipping.

2.0 out of 5 stars Narrower and shorter than other asics, December 1, 2014
T. Thompson (North Central Washington) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small AND, October 30, 2013
Robin (Mesa, Az USA) - See all my reviews
Not only were these athletic shoes too small but they had absolutely no cushioning at all ... like walking on cement barefoot. So happy with Amazon's return policy which gives me the opportunity to try different shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars tight fit., July 11, 2014
I had purchased a pair of ASICS before, and they fit perfectly. These were a little tight.

3.0 out of 5 stars They are at least half-a-size smaller than expect., January 21, 2015
TG (Prentess, Mississippi United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased ASICS Women's Gel Kayano 20 size 7.5 M US and they fit perfectly. (I normally wear size 7 street shoes so I always go half-a-size up (7.5) to allow room for socks for running shoes.) They are very comfortable which I can wear all day long. Then I purchased this pair in the same size (7.5 M US), just to use on my elliptical trainer at home. I would say they were at least half-a-size smaller than Kayano 20, i.e. they felt more like size 6.5 or 7 which were too small, esp with thick socks. They were also pretty narrow compared to Kayano 20.

However, in terms of comfort, they were OK for light exercise.

2.0 out of 5 stars SMALL, October 21, 2014
This shoe overall ran small. I always buy a 7.5 and these felt more like a 6 1/2 but aside from the length the toe box was also small and they were quite narrow so I do not think going up a size would have worked for me. I think overall it just is not a good fit for my feet. May work for someone who has narrow feet. I read lots of reviews and they seemed pretty split between runs and does not run small. I would have to concur that these do indeed run smaller than other Asics I have tried on.

ASICS Women's GEL-Windom Cross Trainer