4.0 out of 5 stars True to size in length
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Weird fit. Disapointment
I bought these in a 8.5 wide, and they were too small and fit strange. So, I bought them again ( like an idiot) in a larger size of 9. I agree with what others have said- these do not feel like asics! The left shoe feels smaller than the right one and no matter what I do, there isn't enough support and they hurt my feet. I will be giving both pairs to goodwill.
Published 10 months ago by Rachel Anderson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Weird fit. Disapointment, October 5, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Love ASICS, Don't Love GEL-Contends, August 18, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's Gel-Contend D Running Shoe (Apparel)
I had owned a pair of ASICS GEL-Equation running shoes for 8 months and had worn them every day and loved them. When it came time to buy a new pair, I ordered this pair of GEL-Contends on Amazon in the exact same size as my Equations. They were very comfortable, to me they did not feel too tight like other reviewers have noted, but after only a few weeks the inside of the heel started wearing away until the foam padding was completely exposed. They were destroyed within 2 months of owning them. I was shocked, because my Equations had lasted for so long with no problems at all, and I had used them to walk to and from work every day (1 hour) plus I trained for a race in that time. To have the Contends fall apart with me only walking in them, not running at all, it was very disappointing. I would buy ASICS again, but definitely not this particular model--I'd rather pay extra to get another pair of Equations.

4.0 out of 5 stars True to size in length, April 2, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's Gel-Contend D Running Shoe (Apparel)
This is not an Asics top of the line shoe but it is good for the price. I'm only sorry I paid attention to the reviews which said it ran small. I am a size 7 in all my other Asics shoes but since so many others said this one ran small, I bought a 7.5......not necessary! My feet are not narrow nor wide..pretty much standard, and the 7 would have been perfect. If you're looking for an affordable pair of Asics I would recommend...but as long as your feet are standard size and not especially wide, stick with your usual size. If you have a wider foot this may not be the shoe for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love Asics but worst pair, April 1, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's Gel-Contend D Running Shoe (Apparel)
I have worn asics for several years now for running. I am not even sure if these are true asics. The stuffing in the top on the heal part got pushed down the first time I put my foot in the shoe. I will never buy another pair of asics from amazon.com again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great shoe!, June 7, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's Gel-Contend D Running Shoe (Apparel)
I am a CCU RN which means 12 hour shifts at a busy hospital. The first night I wore these I was non-stop for 12 hours. My feet didn't hurt at all! I have always been an ASICS lover but for the price and stability- you can't beat these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, May 20, 2013
This shoe fits very well and is very supportative. I over-pronate and these sneakers are the first i had that feel as though they are forcing my feet to walk correctaly.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm a 61 year old long-time jogger. These shoes ruined my knees., April 29, 2014
M. Dias (jackson CA USA) - See all my reviews
These shoes may be good for walking, but don't buy them for jogging!! Get the Nimbus 15's instead, maybe 1/2 size larger than your normal size.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT men's size, but WOMEN'S, March 14, 2014
I am a lady, but have (as my dad put it) skis for feet. And they are very wide, too. I was very excited to find purple, since I have been having to buy in the men's section and usually end up with black and red. Not embarrassing to wear, but not feminine either. I was also very excited to see that they promised free returns or exchanges since with my autistic sensory issues, I have a hard time getting just the right shoe.

My excitement immediately abated when I tried to get my foot into the shoe. I am Cinderella's step-sister I guess! They were Women's, not Men's as advertised. Even a larger size in women's wouldn't fit me because they would not be wide enough, so I went to claim that free return... and they only offered exchanges for the same item in a different size. Thank goodness for Amazon's AWESOME customer service! I wrote a complaint about how this had been miss-advertised, and got my refund before I even had a chance to drop the shoes off to return via UPS.

Sadly now, I'm very hesitant to buy shoes from Amazon since they may not have those promised free returns, but glad it all worked out ok this time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, September 13, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's Gel-Contend D Running Shoe (Apparel)
Yes, the're pretty colors. Yes, they're gel. But if you have high arches, DO NOT BUY. There is no arch support at all in these, to the point that they feel like the support is on the wrong side! That's why I stopped buying Nikes!

Also, these run a half size small. I'm a true 8, and had to go with an 8.5 in these. I really wanted these to be work wear friendly, and they're just not due to the nonexistent arch support!

1.0 out of 5 stars Jogging shoe too narrow!, June 1, 2013
I was disappointed with this shoe. I ordered a D but it was too narrow. I was going to return it but I would have to pay for the shipping and as I was staying in a hotel away from home, I couldn't be bothered o find a post office or pay for UPS!! I will have to prob give it away!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›