5.0 out of 5 stars Best Running Shoes. Fit my orthotics well.
Published on April 10, 2012 by T. Church

1.0 out of 5 stars MB
Published on October 4, 2012 by MB

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Running Shoes. Fit my orthotics well., April 10, 2012
T. Church (Sausalito, California) - See all my reviews
I run 12-15 miles a week, wear orthotics for flat foot and bunions. I've owned many different pairs of Asics running shoes over the years, and Gel-Kahana 3 is still my favorite. After logging in many miles, I tried two new pairs in other well-reviewed styles (GT 2160 and Gel-Foundation 7) as replacements after reading a review that Gel-Kahana 5 was not as good. But those new pairs didn't work out for me at all, causing cramps, blisters, and discomfort. I found myself kept going back to the trusty Gel-Kahana 3 that were falling apart and decided to give Gel-Kahana 5 a try. And, I am so glad that I did. They felt tighter at the beginning (always buy a full size larger for running shoes) and a bit heavier, but soon I was bouncing off the ground. I didn't realize how worn my old pair was in until I tried these. They are light-weight, supportive, and have flexible soles. A good pair or running shoes will let you run longer and faster, and ASICS Gel-Kahana 5 do that for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable shoes ever, March 29, 2012
My mom bought me a pair for Christmas. I wear them for work. I work in the medical field so I do a lot of walking & standing on hard cement floors all day long. I have had planters fashitis (sp?) for at least 10 yrs. These have been the only shoe that I don't get symptoms in. I am pain free as long as I am wearing these shoes. I love, love, love them. Great support-best I have ever seen. I am about to buy another pair today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics Gel Kahana 5 running shoes are the BEST!, November 28, 2011
These are the most comfortable running shoes I've ever owned. Cushioned, but with enough support. They are also very light and quite stylish. And they don't show wear or dirt because of the grey background color. Love, love, love!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Support, Comfy Shoe!, April 30, 2012
I have a hard time finding athletic shoes with arch support, and usually have to put in an extra orthotic insert. This particular model of ASICS has enough arch support that I don't need an insert. The shoe has a lot of padding, and is very comfortable. I did need to wear it around for a few days before it started to feel broken in...no blisters or anything, was just a little bit stiff to start with. I really like the gel cushioning. I am not a runner, but I wear these shoes for everything from walking and using my Nordic Trak to housework and gardening, and I'm very pleased. The best part really is that I don't have to put an extra insert in them. As far as sizing...I usually wear a 7, but I had to get a 7.5 in these. I was lucky enough to try them in a store first, and then came home and ordered them on Amazon because they were cheaper and had better color selection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, May 29, 2012
Hesitant to buy running shoes online without trying them on first, but these are amazing. These shoes are so comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars love my shoes, May 10, 2012
GREAT SHOES!! I have plantar faciatis & these have been wonderful! I will only buy this brand from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars TI-OSG, January 1, 2012
My wife buys these shoes and tried on different kind of trails paths. The shoes feel very nice and she recommended for people who likes to walk on the mountain.

1.0 out of 5 stars MB, October 4, 2012
MB (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Worse Asics EVER! I've been running for 30 years and switched to Asics (from Brooks) 15 years ago when I was training for a marathon. LOVE Asics (Gel-Kayano's) and mistakenly thought "Kahana" was "Kayano" -- NOT! The Kahana soles have a black rubber tire grid that extends beyond the actual sides of the shoe -- which gets CAUGHT on the hem of your running slacks WHEN you are running. The stitching on the shoe is different than the Kayano model and chafs your feet; the sole inserts also aren't quite right - so after a 5 mile run, regardless of the socks you choose, you have tiny blisters where the inserts meet the shoe sides. As a serious runner, I bought TWO pairs of these awful shoes (to wear every other day, which allows the gel cushion to reinflate) - so I'm stuck with 2 pairs of shoes I can't even give away when I share my experience in them, with my friends. I learned a painful lesson - Kahana is NOT Kayano! :(O

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe even if it is reasonably priced!, July 1, 2012
Viuno "Vi" (central Arkansas) - See all my reviews
Just got these shoes yesterday and haven't taken them off except to sleep.
I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but I took a chance and I'm glad I did. I've tried several other styles of Asics, GT2160, Gel Nimbus, GT2110, and others. The only style I've not been thrilled with were some that you ordered from men's sizes and they use a conversion chart to select the women's equivalent. That never works for me. So I was very relieved to see I can trust the fit as long as I stick with women's style. When these shoe arrived they had already been laced up and were very uncomfortable. It felt tingly in my toes and very firm across the top of my foot. I just loosened and adjusted the laces until I got the fit I wanted. I've had this happen before with Asics and it took a while to figure out exactly how to get the looseness I need at the toe and still snug them up at the ankle. But with patience I can.
The style itself is a little firmer in the sole than any of the others I've owned but still enough cushion. From the reviews I expected them to feel heavier and they did in my hand but not on my foot. I wear a size 10 and my toe area is slightly wider than most women's sizes but not enough for a wide width size. I also need pretty good arch support and these fit the bill. I love the black/grey/blue color. They won't show dirt like most of the lighter colors. And I didn't want any of those bazaar color combinations Asics has out now. I was able to get the fit and comfort I've grown so fond of with Asics for a whole lot less. So yeah, I'm a happy camper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, June 4, 2012
I have EXTREMELY flat feet, and because I have ignored that fact for the first 25 years of my life - I now have some painful foot issues. When I put these shoes on the first time, my entire body went, "Ahhhh.." My feet feel better, by knees feel better, my back feels better.. you get the point. I normally wear something between a 10 and an 11 in shoes, depending on the brand/style, and the 10 in these fits me very well. I would also like to note that I inadvertently ordered a wide in these, but it turned out to be a happy mistake, as I no longer have a problem with my toes falling asleep after and hour on my elliptical. Great shoes! I will buy them again!