1,447 Reviews
 (1,172)

5.0 out of 5 stars First time
Published 21 months ago by Vanessa W

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't think they are original
I had the grey with blue before, I got it at Fleet Feet and it was awesome, it fit perfectly and you could really feel the cushion from the gel. It was very comfortable.

Published 11 months ago by Danelys Goris

5.0 out of 5 stars First time, February 26, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's Gel-Kayano 19 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I started running approximately 3 years ago when I lost 50 pounds. I knew nothing of running shoes so I went to my local sporting goods chain and tried on about 40 pair before deciding on the Gel-Cumulus 12s. I finally wore those out this year (I'm a social runner, not competitive) so I knew I needed to get some new shoes. I did a search for the Cumuluses and saw that the new ones, the 14s, were getting horrible reviews, while the 12s had gotten great reviews. Well, now what? I Googled, "Best running shoe for women" and found out that the Gel-Kayanos were #2. I wanted to stay with the ASICS brand because I had really enjoyed my Cumuluses. I searched for the Kayanos here and found that the reviews for the 19s were really good. In addition, I liked the look of the pink and lime green together on the black shoe.

So, I did something I have never, ever done before. I ordered a pair without ever putting them on my feet! Scary!! When they came and I tried them on for the first time it was like the Heavens opened up and a band of angels began to sing, "Hallelujah!" It was easily the most amazing shoe I had ever had on my foot. Ever. The proof was in the run however. I was able to do my 4 miles without any knee or leg fatigue at all!! What a difference a new pair of shoes makes!

I have an average to wide foot and a high instep. My arch is average. I tend to run on my forefoot most of the time and the fit of these shoes feels like a glove around my foot. They are true to size (I wear a 7 1/2 in all shoes, these are no different). The memory foam around the ankle truly makes the shoe mold to my foot while on and makes it feel like it was custom made for my foot. The padding on the tongue runs the length of my instep and makes it feel wonderful in these shoes. The instep is usually where I find trouble in any shoe as mine is so high. But not with these--comfort all the way!!

It scared me to pay over $100 for a pair of shoes that I had never even tried on, but I am SO glad I went with my gut and bought these. Unless ASICS screws them up in future editions (which seems to be somewhat of a reality based on reading reviews of various shoes as they've come out with new versions each year), I will never change from these Kayanos!! I have found the perfect shoe for my needs!

5.0 out of 5 stars 19 better than 18, January 21, 2013
I am a Kayano fan, I suffer from foot problems and have found I can wear them all day long. The 17 was my favorite, the changes in the 18 did not work for me. The 19 wears like the 17 and my heal and arch problems do not bother me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, December 23, 2012
R I Elliott (Auckland, Penrose New Zealand) - See all my reviews
I purchased these to use in an upcoming half marathon. I've been pleased with my kayano 15 and 16 pairs, but these are a real step-up in terms of fit and comfort. With the cushioning I don't feel any impact whatsoever - these are a delight to run in. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Flat Feet!, October 7, 2013
Best shoe I have ever run in!! Great for those who overpronate!! Fits well, roomy toe box, not too heavy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe for me!, October 8, 2013
Always love my Asics Kayanos! Best shoe yet for my mileage and overpronation of my feet. Awesome support in a shoe too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like running on pillows, December 22, 2012
Like running on pillows compared to my last shoes, fit really well and have great support for my flat feet and over pronation. Great colour too, the best of the 4 choices!

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't think they are original, December 14, 2013

I bought the black ones from Amazon and it was supposed to feel the same because they are the exact same model of my previous ones, just a different color and it doesn't feel the same at all. In fact it feels the same as one pair I got at Target for $16. For almost $150 you would expect more. Since I had those shoes before I seriously think they are an imitation. Even the shoe laces are a different quality, very poor and the thing on the side with the logo is poor quality too. You could also see the glue, not nice details. I have some pain in my right heel and ankle and it disappeared with my other shoes and came back with the ones I got at Amazon. Bottom line, I don't recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good shoe, February 14, 2013
This new model is so much better than the last. Good fit. good cushioning. A very good running experience. Forget the 18's.

1.0 out of 5 stars KNOCK-OFFS?, March 27, 2014
This is my 4th pair of gel kayanos, and I have always ordered them from Roadrunnersports.com (a great site from which to order). However, amazon had a shoe sale, and I decided to order them at amazon.com because they were a little cheaper on sale than from roadrunnersports.com. I am a marathon runner and once I find a pair of shoes that work for me, I stick with them.
However, I am very disappointed in the shoes I ordered from Amazon. They feel like knock-offs. From the second I put them on, they felt a little different than my normal kayanos. The cushioning felt hard - like I had already run 350 miles in them. But, I decided to go for a 10 mile run in them anyway. This was a mistake - my feet and calves ached and hurt. Unfortunately, I buy my next pair of running shoes the second that I start wearing the pair prior, so by the time I started running in these shoes, the return policy window had already passed. I guess I'm going to chalk this up to an expensive lesson learned - I hope this review helps you to not make the same mistake!

4.0 out of 5 stars Asics Gel-Kayano 19 performs well., October 7, 2013
J. Spanbauer (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
Initially, a bit stiffer feel than then the Gel-Kayano 18 model. May run slightly narrower than the 18 model. Very light. My first run in them went well and shoe performed well, as I would expect from this model. Will keep.