Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Women's GEL-Nimbus 14 Running Shoe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 2, 2012
Have been a faithful gel nimbus running sneaker wearer for awhile now. Tried Brooks and nothing compares to the Nimbus! The 14's are my favorites...(hated the 13's--way too narrow for me). The 14's are super cushiony and have the stability we all want from our nimbus..thought I would miss the asymetrical lacing but don't notice a difference at all. I have had a torn achilles and plenty of foot issues...asics works best for me...most of my running friends all wear the nimbus and LOVE it also :) :) :) New colors this time are awesome!!Get the 14's you won't be disappointed!
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
Nimbus 14 fit and wear completely different from the predecessors. I became a nimbus fan with nimbus 12 which were cushy, very supportive and keep my narrow heel in place with asymetric lacing. Nimbus 13 got rid of the asymetric lacing, though cushion still seemed to be great. Nimbus 14 changed everything...more narrow toe box and cushy feeling completely gone...feels a lot more stiff. When compared to my Nimbus 13 which were worn out, nimbus 13 felt more cushy even though they were too old to run in.

UPDATE:

Just received the Nimbus 12s from Amazon and compared them side by side with the 14s (putting 14 on 1 foot and 12 on the other, then switched). Nimbus 14 have less cushion/stiffer or flat, less arch support and toe-box not as roomy. Also, the asymmetric lacing of the 12s keep the foot in place. So, I'm going to get another pair of Nimbus 12s and hope that the next generation of Nimbus..the 15s go back to what the 12s were.
22 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2012
Disappointed!!!! Let me explain... I have been loving the gel nimbus since version 9. It's perfect right out of the box. NOT SO WITH VERSION 14.
they changed the footbed. I was so excited about the colors available this year, and the fact they went back to traditional lacing vs. the asymmetrical but they also changed things they shouldn't have, because the shoe feels totally different, and not in a good way. It doesn't hit my arch, doesn't feel nice and cushiony in side. So very sad. I am going to have to stock up on what's left of the 13s because I'm going to need some time to find another shoe that will be as loyal to me as I have been to it!
88 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
I ordered these because I love the ASICS brand/quality. I have a wider toe box/foot, so these shoes did not work for me. They pinched right where my toes began. I didn't even bother walking around outside to try and stretch them/break them in. I'm sure they would be a great shoe for someone with more narrow feet. I also loved the color, but don't get them if you have wider feet.
on December 10, 2012
I was worried about the room in the shoe since some reviewers stated it seems more narrow than its predecessors. I have somewhat wider feet and found they had plenty of room. They were comfortable from the very first run without even breaking them in. My new favorite shoe!
on July 21, 2013
I have loved this shoe since Nimbus 9. This shoe is different. Footbed has changed, ankle support has too. I normally can wear the Nimbus right out of the box, these are horrible. My knee began bothering me one month into wearing this shoe - unacceptable for a runner! I donated the shoe to charity and dug my 12s out of the closet. Knee problem dissappeared...no more ASICS for me - the consistency and quality have left this shoe.
on October 6, 2012
Great cushioning for the under pronated foot. I also have a wide foot and these shoes felt wonderful from the first time I put them on my feet. I always order one size larger than normal to allow room for swelling during exercise and runs and they still fit without any feeling of sloppiness. Very happy!!
on March 26, 2014
I would love to hear from anyone else who has experienced the same thing as me on the Nimbus 14. I have been a long time fan of the Nimbus, having several pairs of the 12 and 13 style in the last several years. As soon as I got the 14, when I tried it on, it felt like my foot was being forced to roll outward in the ball of the foot area. It also seemed like the shoe itself was not centered on the soul, there was a lot more of the soul extending on the inside (big toe side) than the outside (little toe side). I have a neutral foot gait, neither pronation nor supination is a problem for me, but this shoe seemed like it forced my foot to supinate (roll outward). I thought it had to be my imagination, so I kept the shoe and began wearing them. My big mistake. Ouch. I soon developed pain in my left foot, and ended up being treated by a podiatrist for plantar fasciitis (the. world's. worst. case!).

I cannot say that this shoe caused my problem, but I do find it curious how it started when I got this shoe, I noticed the odd shape of the shoe right away, and it is even evident in the pictures here on Amazon. Obviously with over 600 great reviews, most people love this shoe, but sadly I myself will steer clear of the 14 style.
on January 31, 2013
Asics Gel-Nimbus, what happened to your cloud-like feeling underfoot? I under pronate, have medium-high arches, and need a neutral shoe that provides plenty of cushioning. For years, the Asics Gel-Nimbus has been my sole mate. I especially loved the 12s with their asymmetrical lacing. However, the 14 feels different underfoot, less cushiony in the heel, perhaps it's the lower profile. All I know is that my feet hurt after just a short run. In the past, the Gel-Nimbus has gotten me through several half-marathons without knee or foot pain or shin splints. But I can't even walk in the Gel-Nimbus 14 without achy feet. I'm so disappointed.
on May 20, 2013
I have 2 pair of these in different colors. I've worn the Nimbus series shoes for years and they continue to be an excellent shoe for running and/or walking. They are considered a mid-level support shoe. They are somewhat stiff when you first get them, but they soften and fit very well. My only complaint about the black shoes is that they should have had the orange lining like the men's version instead of this ugly pink. Of course that's a personal pet peeve; that women's shoes often have pink thrown in somewhere.