5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't look like you're in your underwear!
Published on February 15, 2011 by Joyce

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice material, but too short
Published on April 1, 2012 by Anonymous

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice material, but too short, April 1, 2012
I ordered these for a volleyball tournament and was psyched about finding some cute shorts other thanthe adidas 4" compression shorts that I've had for years. Item shipped as expected... Really great material, and even in the red color, it did not make a weird mark if I sat on something wet or sweat. I wanted to like them, but they were constantly riding up my thighs and behind. I own the underarmour compression shorts as well, and even though those were short, they did not ride up as much. I am a size 0-2 so I ordered a small. They fit me loose on the thighs, but my behind a little too big for these babies. It kept coming up so much. After the first game, I had to change into another pair of spandex because I could not concentrate on my game. I couldn't even bend over without feeling like I was exposing myself to the whole court and audience. I could see why people can use it for running, but these are definitely not what you would want for volleyball. I am not overweight, and my bottom isn't that big, but this might suit those who have a smaller toosh. They are extremely cute, but what use would that be if you can't play your "A" game?! I ended up ordering the asics baseline volleyball shorts:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't look like you're in your underwear!, February 15, 2011
This review is from: ASICS Women's Low Cut Shorts (Apparel)
the fabric of these shorts is good quality. There's more weight to the fabric than that of a compression short, so it doesn't look like you're in your underwear. However, it is still made of a good, smooth, wicking fabric. I bought the orange shorts, and it's a great color - vibrant enough, but not fluorescent. I use these at the gym for plyometrics, yoga, cardio and plan on getting a few more pairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flexible Shorts, August 12, 2009
These shorts are a quality item for running as well as for volleyball. They are form fitting and move with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these running shorts, August 9, 2011
Very comfy. I purchased a size larger than what I wear to gain a little extra room while running - a good decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as described!, January 26, 2013
Fast shipping and good to wear for under running shorts. Pretty small for just wearing by themselves. I like the color and they are as described.

4.0 out of 5 stars Depends on what you're using them for, February 21, 2014
These are really quite short, but "quite short" may be appropriate, depending on the purpose for which you're buying them.

First: I did not buy them for volleyball, as some reviews did. If you're buying volleyball shorts, I'd recommend that you skip these and buy the pricier Mizunos. I played volleyball for 6 years, went through a whole slew of spandex, and the Mizuno Vortex shorts are the best on the market. They are made for volleyball, the inseam is a little longer, and the rise is more practical for all the bending over you need to do during that sport.

Second: That being said, these are FANTASTIC running and hot yoga shorts. They are part of my school's track team uniform, and their extremely short inseam is typical to what you see with most competitive track apparel. Anything longer just looks weird.

Also, I've been practicing heated vinyasa and Bikram yoga, and these have proven to be the most wonderful shorts for that. They're much cheaper than specialty yoga shorts, don't croth-cling, do wick sweat, do stay dry, and are as close to underwear as a hyperthermic girl can/should get in an 105 degree room.

I'm 5' 10", 160 lbs and got the Medium. They fit pretty well, but the front panel actually hits like an inch below my bellybutton, so I guess they're only "low rise" compared to Mizuno spandex.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not order again, August 22, 2011
This review is from: ASICS Women's Low Cut Shorts (Apparel)
I bought these because they were on sale and because they had colors besides black. I do a lot of aerobics and wanted some compression shorts. These totally ride up on your inner thighs and on the back of the legs (and I'm not an overweight person), and I could never wear these in public.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, January 15, 2013
It's made with nice quality fabric, stretchy and cool against my body. It is low cut, so beware of it riding up a little bit as you're playing volleyball/other sports. it's a great pair of shorts and i love the color!

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable shorts, November 15, 2011
R. Hanford (Ft Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I'm a size 4 and I got a size small and they fit great. Very comfortable to wear. Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Too short for public, September 26, 2012
I love asics and have always used asics for volleyball, so I expected a lot from this product being that I'm familiar with this brand.
However, it's just too short! It's short to begin with even before moving around, but because IT RIDES UP when you move around a little bit, it becomes so short that my butt hangs out...and I don't have that much to show! To give you an idea, they become as short as my boy short panties. Not only do they look inappropriate to wear in public, but they are not comfortable when they ride up that way.

Now I'm not one to wear long granny pants (I'm short so I like the low-waisted shorts with a shorter length that elongate the legs), plus I know how these shorts usually look on volleyball players (pretty darn short), but I will not be wearing these to the gym OR on the court to spare everyone a show they didn't ask for! I only took one star off since the quality is great as usual...it's just this pair is the shortest I've ever tried on, and I've tried on a lot of short pairs!

ARRAY(0xa0455a5c)