I have bad feet and bad knees and a wonky ankle. And I'm obese (was 300 lbs, lost alot, am a bit over 200 now). In need a lot in an exercise shoe for walking. These deliver.

Published on April 12, 2011 by Mir

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
After only 2 1/2 months, the right shoe developed a hole on the top, where the tip of my big toe touches it from the inside. Now my toe peeks through the hole! And I do not even use these shoes for running -- I only use them for my commute to and from work, which involves about a mile of walking per day. I expected more from a shoe at this price level.
Published on June 21, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous. My plantar fasciitis stays away and I can walk FASTER without knee pain!, April 12, 2011
Mir (North Miami Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I used to be a total Brooks sneaker aficionado, but since discovering ASICS, my Brooks are barely used. I just find I can walk easier, move faster, and have NO PAIN after a brisk 30 to 45 minute walk. And it makes errands go faster just being able to not worry about feet/joints.

I had the 2150, which is a lot like these. But I do note that I slightly prefer the 2160. I use a size 9.5 to 10W in shoes (mostly 10W, but as I lose weight, my feet are shifting and I'm between sizes sometimes). I have to buy size 11D in ASICS. It seems like they'd be too big, but I find that going up a size works. I tried the 10.5D, and that works okay, but not as well as the 11D. I just adjust the laces to my shrinking food and eventually will need fatter socks (I love the ASICS hera locuts).

I have these now in two colors (yes, love them that much that I paid $100 for each pair, twice). My ASICS collection is now 4 pairs since I discovered them in January. I walk nearly every day, so I need to rotate and be comfortable.

Thumbs up. Great running shoe (though I just walk with them).

But if you want a deal, try to find the earlier model of this one and might find it for a lot less. They are very similar. Almost identical.

Happy exercising!

UPDATE: I've lost more weight, and now the 10.5 fits better, and is even getting a bit loose. I'm wearing a 9.5 and to 10 M in shoes now, and don't need wide. So, if you're a regular width and a 9.5, try a 10 or 10.5 (depending on how much toe room you prefer.)Maybe even need a full size up, depends on your foot, right? I can still wear the 11W with thick sock and really tighten the laces, but clearly, I'll buy a smaller size for future ASICS. Great shoes, though.

UPDATE: I'm no longer obese, and I can wear 10M Asics. I got two more pairs. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Sneaker, December 14, 2010
I ordered this shoe based on a write up in Runner's World. It is everything they said and more. I was a little apprehensive to order a running sneaker on line but trust Runner's World and also know that Amazon stands behind their products and sellers. The service with the seller was wonderful. The shoes arrived the next day and the seller actually called me to let me know that is I was disastified in any way they would stand behind their product and just wanted me to be happy. Would definately purchse from this seller again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, August 29, 2011
This is my second pair of Asics women's GT 2160. They are perfect for my feet problems by providing great comfortable support. I thoroughly recommend these shoes especially if you suffer from plantar fasciitis. My podiatrist also checked my previous 2160s and stated that I should stick with asics. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I finally found this shoe!, February 2, 2011
Nicole LV (Youngstown, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I have recently taken up running and bought these for that purpose alone. I have a very wide foot (8.5 EE), which makes buying shoes an embarassing and annoying experience. I bought 3 pairs of shoes, both in stores and online, and had to return them all. Based on some research, I decided to try these. I am so glad I did! Very comfortable right out of the box, and a nice looking shoe, too. I will be buying these from Amazon again considering very few retailers carry the width I need without the shoe looking like it should be worn by my great grandmother and not by someone in their 30's. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars She Loves them., September 17, 2011
I bought these for my wife. She is constantly on her feet and suffers from sore aching feet at the end of the day. After reading the reviews and doing a little research I purchased the GT2160 and she loves them. Her feet feel much better now and the style is also attractive on her feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome support shoe, June 23, 2011
This shoe was suggested by my podiatrist for PTTD. I'm on my feet all day at work and boy is this shoe comfortable. No pain at the end of the day and feels like you're walking on air!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Shoes, January 22, 2012
I love these shoes, I am a size 7.5 and had ti get a size 8. I think their sizing is off. It's better to go in somewhere and try Asics shoes on before you buy them online. Great pair of shoes though.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT for running, no knee pain, April 18, 2012
I'm no pro, but I like to run. Until I started looking into good running shoes I had no idea that my knee pain could be prevented by a good shoe! I just assumed knee pain would always be associated with running for me, and that I had to wear a brace to tone it down. Not the case at all, not with these shoes anyway! I waited until I'd run in these about 5 times to write a review, so that I could let you all know for sure! The verdict is in - these shoes are awesome. Really really comfortable, and the most important part - NO KNEE PAIN - none at all! I think I will forever be an Asics girl, and with prices like these it's totally reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best running shoes I have ever had!, September 13, 2011
I have had these running shoes for three weeks. I run between 3 and 5 miles daily. I have had no knee pain at all since I have had them. I followed the shoe selection instructions on the Asics website. I ordered them in my regular size and have Plenty of room and comfort. The toe box is great, I have no issues at all with these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The last of the great Asics 2100 series..., April 24, 2012
I ordered 2 pairs of the Asics 2160 running shoes. They are being replaced by a new and redesigned 2170. The 2160 provides support - and being flat-footed, I over pronate. The shoe fits my wide foot nicely without being too big in the heel like other wide running shoes. I was going to buy the new 2170s until I read reviews by runners who were having problems with their knees and their feet wearing them. So - I thought I better order a couple of pairs of 2160s while I could get them.

A podiatrist, Dr. Sanders does an excellent review of the new 2170 and how the "improvements" made to it are not. She does a great review of why the 2160 was such a great shoe. Support in the heel, support in the midsole, protection in the toe box. If you Google the 2160 and reviews for it - her You Tube videos will come up. It is worth watching.

The 2160 was a great shoe. It is the first running shoe I loved to wear because of its incredible support. That is why I ordered two pair for my races this summer. My next shoe will be a Brooks Adrenaline 12.