5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic shoe for dirt road or trail running
I needed some better shoes now that I have taken to jogging on our dirt road. The first time was with a normal pair of name brand all leather running/workout shoes and my feet were in incredible pain the next day from the sharpness and impact of the gravel. I bought these shoes and had them overnighted to run in the next day and it was an amazing difference...
Published on March 27, 2012 by J. Robertson

1.0 out of 5 stars TOE HOLES IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS!!!
Published 20 months ago by GypsyPeach

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic shoe for dirt road or trail running, March 27, 2012

These shoes have rugged tread that keeps your feet from hitting large gravel straight on. The arch support is fantastic for my high arches. I began running in these shoes right out of the box when they were delivered and it felt like I was running on marshmallows! They are so light and comfortable and makes running a little more enjoyable for me. My knees didn't hurt after running in these shoes either, so I would guess that they have really worked at lessening the impact of the road as well.

I highly recommend these shoes!!

Sizing: I normally wear a 8.5 in tennis shoes and an 8 in other shoes and boots. These fit perfectly at an 8.5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Asia's Women's GT 2170 Trail runner, November 17, 2012
K. Samenow "Staying healthy" (Oceanside, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The stability is great! The seem to run a little narrow. My foot is a little narrow, & I still feel they are narrow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe..but, August 1, 2012
LadyJB (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I'm very torn to give these 4 stars but I feel like I have to because they keep giving me blisters on the inner side of my heels. I got these because am in love with the Asics GT-2170 regular running shows and needed trail running shoes for my once a week long run in the trails. The first time I wore them the blisters were the size of my pinky finger. Changing more cushioned socks helped, but I still get the blisters I think the problem is that these are plated with metal plates to give you the needed extra support you need in trail running. Maybe they need to work on hiding them better behind more cushion?

They do, however, feel very light, comfortable at first, snug and supporting. They grab the trails like a magnet, your foot feels very steady and stable. I would totally give it 5 stars if it wasn't for the blisters that keep happening...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for trails - not as great for street running, October 10, 2012
I have worn the Asics GT 2170 for three years and have truly loved them. They fit great and have helped me stay injury free (or close to it). I bought this pair due to their color and the reqular ones (non trail) didn't have any in my size left. I love the colors and after three months of running the shoes don't show any signs of wear on the top. My only problem is that they are trail shoes so they are made stiff to help balance when running on uneven ground (rocks, branches, etc.) which makes it a little tough and tight to use when running on the streets. I have adapted well and will continue to use them for street running but will not buy trail shoes in the future unless I am running trails!

pros:
-fit
-comfort
-durability (last an entire marathon training season when using two pairs)
-colors: don't show dirt or wear on the top!

cons:
-trail shoes since I don't run trails but that is my fault

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, March 2, 2012
I have worn asics for years and love these shoes. The GT 2170's are the best yet. I color is a bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% recommended, July 8, 2014
TOO SMALL

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Asics., February 14, 2014
I have ran for years and love the Asics brand!! Have lots of issues with my feet and I have always been able to find an Asics shoe that fits my foot so I can continue to run with minimal pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, nice traction, November 12, 2013
Kathlene Jackson (The Woodlands, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I will admit, I don't have a lot of experience with trail runners, but the shoe is as comfortable as its running shoe counterpart, and it provides more traction for running on dirt ridge or mountain trails. The sole is also stiffer, so you don't feel the small rocks and roots as much when you hit them hard running downhill. They are nice and light as well, really like a running shoe. I don't know how they will hold up yet, and the trail I run on is maintained, so I don't know how they'd do "off trail" but for my purposes they are more than adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Trail Running Shoes, July 9, 2013
This is my 7th pair in the Asics GT-21XX series. I have had lots of pairs of the regular version, and decided to buy the trail version based on the workouts I'm doing lately. They fit the same as previous pairs (runs true to size) and have the added bonus of being water resistant, and gripping better on slippery surfaces. I would buy these again!

1.0 out of 5 stars TOE HOLES IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS!!!, April 29, 2013
Last year, I went to a running specialty shop to be fitted for these (because my feet pronate) and spent much more than the listed amazon price. I was trying to get back into running. I wore these no more than 4 times a week and jog/walked less than two hours each time. In less than three months, I had holes above both the big toes. The treks weren't worn out it was just the material on top of the shoe. I don't have toe claws and wear socks when I run so I don't know what happened. Maybe I got a faulty pair. Now I just use them gardening or painting. They aren't uncomfortable and they do dry more quickly than other athletic shoes I have owned. But, I would not recommend these shoes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›