From the Back Cover
ASP.NET 3.5 Unleashed is the most comprehensive book available on the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Framework, covering all aspects of the ASP.NET 3.5 Framework--no matter how advanced.
This edition covers all the new features of ASP.NET 3.5. It explains Microsoft LINQ to SQL in detail. It includes a chapter on the two new data access controls introduced with the ASP.NET 3.5 Framework: ListView and DataPager. With its coverage of ASP.NET AJAX, this book shows you how to take advantage of Microsoft’s server-side AJAX framework to retrofit existing ASP.NET applications with AJAX functionality. It also demonstrates how to use Microsoft’s client-side AJAX framework to build the web applications of the future: pure client-side AJAX applications. All code samples are written in the C# programming language. (Visual Basic versions of all code samples are included on the CD-ROM that accompanies this book.)
- Take advantage of Microsoft’s new database query language, LINQ to SQL, to easily build database-driven web applications
- Learn how to use the new ListView and DataPager data access controls to build flexible user interfaces
- Take advantage of ASP.NET AJAX when building both server-side and client-side web applications
- Use the AJAX Control Toolkit to create auto-complete text fields, draggable panels, masked edit fields, and complex animations
- Design ASP.NET websites
- Secure your ASP.NET applications
- Create custom components
- Build highly interactive websites that can scale to handle thousands of simultaneous users
- Learn to build a complete ASP.NET 3.5 website from start to finish–the last chapter of the book includes a sample ASP.NET 3.5 web application written with LINQ to SQL and ASP.NET AJAX
CD-ROM includes all examples and source code presented in this book in both C# and Visual Basic.
About the Author
Stephen Walther is a Microsoft Software Legend, a Microsoft ASP.NET MVP, and a member of the INETA Speaker's Bureau. He has spoken at a number of major conferences, including Microsoft TechEd, Microsoft DevDays, and ASP.NET Connections.
Stephen wrote several ASP.NET best-practice applications for Microsoft. He was the lead developer of the ASP.NET Community Starter Kit and the Issue Tracker Starter Kit.
His company, Superexpert ASP.NET Training (SuperexpertTraining.com), has provided ASP.NET training to companies and organizations across the United States, including NASA, the National Science Foundation, the U.S. House of Representatives, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Verizon, and Microsoft.