Steven Sanderson has seen the ASP.NET MVC framework mature from the start, so his experience, combined with comprehensive coverage of all its features, including those in the official MVC development toolkit, offers the clearest understanding of how this exciting framework could improve your coding efficiencyand youll gain invaluable awareness of security, deployment, and interoperability challenges.
The ASP.NET MVC Framework is the evolution of Microsofts ASP.NET web platform. It introduced a radical highproductivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, testdriven development, and powerful extensibility, combined with all the benefits of ASP.NET 3.5.
An integral benefit of this book is that the core ModelViewController architectural concepts are not simply explained or discussed in isolation, but demonstrated in action. Youll work through an extended tutorial to create a working ecommerce web application that combines ASP.NET MVC with the latest C# 3.0 language features and unittesting best practices. By gaining this invaluable, practical experience, you can discover MVCs strengths and weaknesses for yourselfand put your best learned theory into practice.
What youll learn
- Gain a solid architectural background to ASP.NET MVC, including ModelViewController and REST concepts.
- Explore the ASP.NET MVC framework with detailed coverage of all aspects of the framework and the official MVC development toolkit.
- See how it works with testdriven development in action.
- Capitalize on your existing knowledge quickly and easily through translation and comparison of features in classic ASP.NET to those in ASP.NET MVC.
- Learn about security and deployment issues, including IIS 7.0.
Who this book is for
This book is for web developers with a basic knowledge of ASP.NET and C# who want, or need, to start using the ASP.NET MVC framework.