4.0 out of 5 stars Good Motherboard but cheap SATA cables
Published on December 31, 2011 by AMD

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Ok
This motherboard was just ok. It works and it works well and it was the correct price point I was looking for.
I wanted to a cheap motherboard because I was building an HTPC and this looked like it had everything I was looking for. Well, this motherboard did get the job done but there were some negatives and problems with it.
1) The metal plate that covers the...
Published 21 months ago by Turkay Mert Hocanin

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Motherboard but cheap SATA cables, December 31, 2011
This review is from: ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard (Personal Computers)
I used this motherboard to build my HTPC. It has all the features(especially the internal USB 3.0 headers to go with my Silverstone Grandia GD06B) that suit well for a HTPC being used for Videos and casual gaming. My only complaint is however that the SATA cables that come with the MB are of cheap quality. After plugging in and out only for a couple of times, a connecting end broke and made it useless. From then on, I had to be really careful when using the rest of the SATA cables that came with the motherboard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Ok, January 20, 2013
1) The metal plate that covers the space between the ports on the back with the case was cheap and didn't fit properly, and stuck out in many places. My hdmi cable when wiggled from moving my case, touches the metal and distorts the image and needs to adjusted to get a good picture.
2) The eSata port on the back had one of the pins inside was bent. The pin holds the cables connector and when I tried to insert the cable, it bent it and didn't allow the cable to go completely in. I had to take a screw driver and carefully readjust the pin.
3) There are 4 usb3 ports on the back of the board but no headers on the board that can be used for the front of the case. I wished there were at least two so that I can hook up my devices to the front of the case using USB 3.0 instead of 2.0 (which has large speed differences).
If you can find an Asus or Gigabyte for about the same price, I would have purchased that instead.
4) I didn't have a dvd player on my pc so I tried downloading drivers from their website, which doesn't work sometimes, and when it does, the downloads are really really slow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good motherboard, January 8, 2014
Great motherboard for the decent price. Was easy to install and to work on. I would purchase again if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, July 18, 2013
I bought this to replace a motherboard that was damaged by lightning. Installation was, of course, a breeze. The board is in my HTPC build, so I was happy that the HDMI carried the audio without any issues. The video drivers made it easy to scale the picture to fit on the HDTV perfectly. Other than that, everything popped in without problems and the board works fine, which I would expect. My only star deduction was for a lack of USB 3.0 headers on the board. I knew this when I bought it, but it's silly to have USB 3.0 out the back but no headers. So now the USB 3.0 ports on the front of my case are useless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, January 28, 2013
It was fairly easy to assemble. I do wish the mounts on the board were a bit stiffer, but that is part of the form factor I suppose too. Also, I wish it had 4 memory slots.