5.0 out of 5 stars The headphones for the pros
Published 11 months ago by Itsonlycreqtivitiy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but do not need mixamp like astro says
They work for ps4 and xbox without mix amp but u only get stereo till they come out with firmware for 5.1 in controllers. Need adaptor for xbox one though and ps3 you can get a 3.5mm to USB converter so it will all work on there. I have confirmed this. If you don't believe me confirm it on internet or YouTube.
Published 3 months ago by Jonathan

5.0 out of 5 stars The headphones for the pros, November 23, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
There's a reason why all MLG pros wear Astros. This are clearly the best of all headphones out there from pc to console. In order to take full advantage of the sound, however, this must be paired with a digital surround sound amplifier. The astro mix amp it sells with it is a very compatible and versatile choice especially for console. For pc gaming you would need an adapter for the headphones sold by astro. I recommend getting it from the astro website because all the adapters online are generic and astro makes their own higher quality one. Pc gamers would most likely have a sound card or a decent sound board built into their motherboard so I wouldn't worry about the mix amp. Overall the sound is perfectly optimized for gaming if say the balance between table to bass is 60 to 40. The bass is not to heavy to wear it kills your ears and covers the treble and the treble is perfectly in sync with the amount of bass. Over all the sound quality is flawless in my opinion. If you ever had a pair of Bose QC15 headphones and tried to listen through those on music, you would understand what sound clarity is. These Astros are the parallel product except for gamers.

The quality of the product is very good for the price. I bought an older version in 2007 during the halo era and I'd say they flawless in build quality and they still probably would last to this day if not I switched some of the parts for newer versions. The wire qualities and connectors are pretty standard and even if some parts broke, you would be able to replace them.

If you were to ever go to the astro website and participate in the forum, you would find a quite friendly and large community of astro fans and gamers all willing to help you if you were to have any problems. The costumer service is usually really good but at times lines can be busy. Over all the astro experience has been a great one for me. Over the years of gaming I could not imagine what I would do without my Astros. The amount of joy the Astros brought me during those awesome gaming sessions can never be replaced with any other headset. I dare you to try the astro experience and you most likely won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite., September 18, 2013
I have had the Astro A40's since 2000 and I have fallen in love with them and still am. I will always get the A40 because I am a cable kinda guy buy would try the wireless at times. The sound in this is just so...well you will just have to experience it for your self. I play tons of games and watch a lot of movies, sometimes I even think I am the one holding the camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised..., January 14, 2014
I ordered the "Neon Color Series A40 Headset Kit (Red)", which is shown with the mixamp.

Mixamp was not included. Returned the product.

Amazon seems to be in the process of updating the product photograph, and they did give me a price break on the headphones I re-ordered because of the error. I am a happier customer now. The headphones are comfortable, and sound pretty good.

I got a Mixamp too, and my experience with that is mixed (ha ha). I'm upgrading my review to reflect the comfort and build quality of the headphones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but do not need mixamp like astro says, July 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars gaming equipment, May 8, 2014
I was looking for a universal headset that work with all console and computer. This headset is comfortable and produce great clear sound,

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, March 24, 2014
amazing product good and beautiful AWESOME AMAZING CREATIVE UNBELIEVABLE HARD TO SEE HOW PEOPLE CANT USE THIS FOR LONG SESSION

5.0 out of 5 stars love these they are cute, March 16, 2014
Sindel (Gardena, CA) - See all my reviews
I love these headphones they are great sound good and clear. I love the pink color there isn't that many headsets out there that are good that i know off other than steelseries. The material around the ear is velour like its comfortable but it can get a bit hot around the ear on a hot day, but over all I love them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my gamer boyfriend, March 26, 2014
I bought this in the hopes my boyfriend would love these. He was grinning ear to ear when I gave them to him for Christmas. Though people talking to him on things like; Skype, Mumble, or Ventrilo have issues with either a static feedback or just a high pitched noise if he tries to talk at the same time as someone else. Though I think it's a sound card issue, He loves these and still continues to use them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty legit., April 30, 2014
I love them, they are way more comfy than the Tritton 720's I had, or the Kunai, and the Turtle Beaches I had. I can hear people creeping up on me on Battlefield and CallofDuty. This headset got even better when it had clear mic quality on Skype and PS4.

The downside is that you have to get the $100 mixamp to use it on ps3 and xbox 360, but then again I do not play online games on ps3 that much anymore, so I just Skype my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to know if wireless, April 27, 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Help me pls! I want to get a great head set and I know there's are but I just need to no if these are wireless :D

ASTRO Gaming Neon Color Series A40 Headset Kit (Yellow)
ASTRO Gaming Neon Color Series A40 Headset Kit (Yellow) by ASTRO Gaming (Mac OS X, Windows 7)
Used & New from: $211.37