Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASUS Eee PC 1001PX-EU27-BK 10.1-Inch Netbook (Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on January 22, 2015
Bad model, doesn't hold charge, old user info was not changed or factory reset, when I realized it was not the same model attributes as advertised in the description, I asked the seller about how we can fix this and she wanted to charge me. did my research n still got gyped.
on July 9, 2011
I purchased this computer in August of 2010 - within 3 months, the battery already failed. It would not charge up while the unit was on A/C power, making the computer a desktop, rather than a laptop. I contacted ASUS tech, who informed me I needed to send the battery back before I would get a replacement, which I understand, but I was still annoyed that they wouldn't ship one right away. 6 months later, the same problem occurred. I contacted support again - only to be informed that the 6 month battery warranty had expired and I would have to purchase a new battery. Most companies I've called would make an exception for such a small overage in the warranty to promote consumer good will, especially since I'd already had the same problem in the past. Not Asus. I've owned many laptops, Toshiba, HP - and this is the only one where the battery ever failed, let alone two batteries within a year. You're better off buying a desktop than this garbage.
on January 7, 2012
I purchased it about less than 1 year. The computer was very fast, and worked good
at first. The more I used it like 10 straight hours, It became slugish, and did
not work as expected. Not recommended for a serious business owner as myself.
Buy a toshiba Satellite model L745 4 gigs dual processor I 3 intel core 14 inch wide
screen with Hd Bluetooth, Dvd drive, webcam with mic skype ready. 10 hr battery life for 50.00
more than the usus net book. It also has 3 usb ports, and 1 hdmi port. All for 400.00 what a labtop
Fusion finish in matrix graphite. The Monies I spent for the ausus ee netbook Could not be fixed from
the mft. it cost more to fix, then to buy a new one. I would like to have a credit on this from ASUS mft.
on April 29, 2011
The model I received was an older model...it froze up...I sent it back and got my money back...went to Best Buy...got the newer Model....and it froze up as i attempted to install 2g of memory...took it back...had geek Squad install all the stuff with the windows 7 upgrade...third one seems to be working fine...
on December 23, 2011
Any mfr can have a lemon, and this is one of them. My 1st Asus notebk still works fine, but this one is awful. I am really writing about the (lack of) quality customer service here, rather than the item, which does in fact suck. Of course the customer service agents are in India and you must call multiple times until you get someone whose accent you can understand. Sometimes you still have to call again to get one that you understand AND who is willing/able to listen to your issue and try to help. At this writing I am waiting for a supervisor call back as I have requested that they replace this unit rather than try to repair it once again. The last agent I spoke with said it was the seller's responsibility. My warranty expires in 3 weeks. A lemon is a lemon is a lemon. Face up to it Asus and do the right thing!
on March 30, 2011
This is actually a decent computer but, it comes "Windows 7, Starter Edition." This version of windows has VERY limited funtionality. With this edition, you can't even change your background image or use aero theme. Immediately after my purchase, amazon offered me a discount on a "Windows 7 Home Premium" edition. Microsoft, ASUS and Amazon are well aware that the computer doesn't have a DVD-ROM so, they are looking to cash in by selling upgrades. I felt that, that was very manipulative and decieitful.

SHAME ON YOU FOR THAT (to whom it may concern)
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse