5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Netbook
After purchasing the horrid 99$ CVS netbook that wouldn't even boot up, I wasn't sure if I should give the netbook world another try. This netbook had no reviews on it either, and I don't like being the guinea pig. However, I'm glad I did try! This little netbook is great. It is very portable, and easy to use. In fact, I'm using it right now! There are a lot of programs...
Published on February 3, 2011 by randomreview

1.0 out of 5 stars third time's the charm.....
The model I received was an older model...it froze up...I sent it back and got my money back...went to Best Buy...got the newer Model....and it froze up as i attempted to install 2g of memory...took it back...had geek Squad install all the stuff with the windows 7 upgrade...third one seems to be working fine...
Published on April 29, 2011 by Greenfeez

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Notebook, February 28, 2011
Jan Pokol (COCOA, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASUS Eee PC 1001PX-EU27-BK 10.1-Inch Netbook (Black) (Personal Computers)
Product was purchased for grandson and he has been very pleased with it! It has made discipline very easy --take it away if you don't behave!

1.0 out of 5 stars third time's the charm....., April 29, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Netbook!, March 17, 2011
I've had this netbook a couple of weeks and it does everything I need it to do. I wanted something more portable. It's so small and light weight. Great for traveling. It picks up wifi easily. I check email, surf the web, and look at movies. Screen and keyboard are small for working for long periods, but I have a 17" laptop for more longterm work. All in all, I love this little PC!

5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS 1001PX-EU27 10" netbook EEEPC, March 5, 2011
Love the quality of this small yet powerful netbook. My only complaint is the way they set up the 250gb hard drive. They made a "D" partition to use. Not normally done this way. A recommendation to do is first make a USB (16GB) backup of the entire system. Keep this if you want to restore back to original settings from the factory. Then remove the two partitions that contain the recovery and compress the D drive to zero and expand the C drive to full. All this is accomplished using windows 7. After you do this, you will have a normal PC/netbook with a 250GB C drive partition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, February 8, 2011
I ordered over night shipping and it got here right on time!

-For the price its a very good computer and am thoroughly enjoying the laptop. I love that it's tiny and i can take it anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars about to get another one for my teen she love it...she always borrow mine at times! i love it!, April 13, 2011
my teen girl has a beautiful red color floral type cute stil working fine after 2 yrs HP Vivienne Tam, mini-laptop,but she love to borrow my 1 year old netbook,that work so well. i think it take better pix she say with the webcam,easier chatting with her family,few friends.just a all around better netbook, i think! ASUS EEE PC 1005PE is a great machine.for the money price right still after 1 yr. or a lil longer i've own 1.
and i usually ONLY buy HP PRODUCTS for past 11 years or so.I love it,and i will buy 1 for her graduation present surprise her,naturally.Even if she so sweet by saying i will just TAKE YOURS MOMMIE,and you get the new one lol she such a great kid! lol

But this is also a great machine because it is so portable carry it all over for my law legal needs,my advocate business/music biz etc. so i am all set with this ASUS.

i also love lastly importantly it truly does stay so cool!

No big loud fan to annoy you throughout the day lol i love this,no virus,nothing just a great device,and i will be happy for time to come with my White Asus 1005 PE.
ASUS MADE A GREAT LASTING PRODUCT,WITH REALLY NO ISSUE WHATSOEVER,not at all.

Except charger went after a while but not until 9 months. then i just got the new one,/universal ASUS NETBOOK CHARGER,work well so far.

I highly recommend this,your going to love it!

BMWREDHEADLAWSTUDENT@Gmail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds my Expectations, March 25, 2011
I ordered this to replace an old laptop that needed more professional help than I was willing to pay for. I work full-time using a company-provided desktop computer, so the only thing I was using my laptop for at home was to check email, iPod support on iTunes, and play around on Facebook. I had some hesitation in ordering a netbook, not knowing if having limited capabilities and a smaller keyboard would drive me nuts, but I hardly notice a difference. The keyboard has a nice feel, and the touchpad is easier to use than I expected. I haven't even cracked open my laptop since this arrived! It runs much faster than I expected, setting it up was a snap (and I'm not that computer savvy), and the battery life is great! I do plan to upgrade the operating system, as Windows 7 is pretty crappy, and add the Microsoft Office suite. After pricing out netbooks at the local big box store (and receiving the worst customer service), you can't beat this price! Shipping was really fast, too - arrived within one week of ordering. The only thing that kind of bugged me was the lack of instructions provided by Asus, but so far I haven't really needed them anyway. Great little computer - I highly recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Freezes, March 24, 2011
Perhaps it's an software issue, but this thing freezes quite a bit and is super slow. I should've saved my money.

Update:

Sold the darn thing and bought an iPad. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value!, March 12, 2011
I received the computer a few days ago, and have been busy uninstalling and adding programs. I got rid of pretty much everything that comes pre-loaded; there is a lot of junk. I installed the Office suite, because I will be using this to enter data and work on writing my dissertation. Dissertations involve a lot of typing, so I was relieved to see that the keyboard is very close to full size--it doesn't take much getting used to at all (disclaimer: I do have kind of small hands!). It is, of course, very light and portable. My experience with battery life has been about the same as others...about 3 hours, but I haven't really tested it. The screen definitely doesn't have as nice of a picture as my full-size laptop (or my phone, for that matter), but I didn't buy it for that. This is an extremely well-priced netbook for someone who wants to check email, do basic activities with documents, and be able to do it on-the-go.

2.0 out of 5 stars really disappointing, April 4, 2011
I bought this netbook as short term replacement for my laptop. After 2 months of use I have to say that I am not pleased with its performance. Right out of the box it started off extremely slow. I just thought this was because of first use, but it turned out to be a everyday thing. I decided to remove or turn off unnecessary programs that were running at the start or in the background. This did not solve the speed issue. Another thing i noticed is the mouse pad is unresponsive during the first 10 minutes it is on. I always have to "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" to use the mouse pad or any program after I turn on or awaken the netbook. I have a secure high speed internet connection. It takes almost 2 minutes to load the Google homepage when I start Firefox. It runs even slower with Internet Explorer. I have never had a problem with Asus computers in the past when it comes to these issues. I own an Asus desktop and laptop, and they are both fast. Before writing this review I compared my netbook with my friends 2009 model HP netbook. My friends netbook was better in every way. I am only using this for internet browsing, but it's hard to do so when the computer wont allow it. Every site I visit takes to long to load, doesn't load at all, or the browsers crash. I've gotten blue screen errors while using Windows Media Player or watching Youtube videos. I've done many malware, spyware, and virus scans with 0 found. I would recommend future customers to look at HP and Toshiba models before this one.

ARRAY(0x97d9c318)

ASUS Eee PC 1001PX-EU27-BK 10.1-Inch Netbook (Black)
Used & New from: $149.90