Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by R. McGuire on September 29, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 92 answers
A
Great computer but I too have experienced the unexpected death of my adaptor....this was compounded by additional frustration finding venders who sold adapters for 1005HA Netbooks.....ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-VU1X-WT 10.1-Inch White Netbook - 8.5 Hour Battery Life
MiL answered on October 21, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Update: I called the tech support number on the back of my Asus netbook. They had me disconnect the power adapter from the wall, then disengage the "brick" from the part that plugs into the socket, wait a minute, then reconnect everything. Lo and behold, it actually worked! They explained I had a loose connection somewhere. Maybe I was just lucky, but try this when your adapter fails. You may need to disconnect everything a leave it alone for a while.
Richard A. Jones answered on October 28, 2009
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've had my Asus netbook for a week and the adapter just croaked. I'm otherwise very happy with it but if this becomes and ongoing issue I can't recommend it for purchase.
Laurel answered on October 11, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Your adapter may NOT be broken, just unplug it, cool it down, and then try it again. These adapters are having an overheating problem and some internal heat regulator is shutting down your unit -- it just needs to cool off. Try it, this works for me.
Snave answered on October 23, 2009
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Carl Hartline answered on November 9, 2009
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Give it try, unplug it, wait a half-hour, then plug it back in. The problem is that there is a thermal breaker/fuse inside that overheats (the unit may not feel hot after the breaker shuts off). To reset the breaker, you must unplug the unit for awhile. Give it try. See what happens.
Snave answered on November 6, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I noticed mine is getting pretty hot (to the touch). If I unplug it for awhile and let it cool down it starts working again...
Snave answered on October 28, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had the same problem with my power cord. It just quit working after 3 weeks. It was also cold and didn't look like it was hot. I unplugged it, two the two pieces apart, and left it for about 15 min. I then put the two pieces back together firmly, and plugged it in. It then worked. Hope this continues.
R. McGuire answered on November 6, 2009

A
jabber answered on November 9, 2009

A
I googled "asus 1005ha power cord" and came up with many vendors including this one who sells these power adapters. The reason I did so was because my adapter failed after a month of use. I think purchasing a back up is probably not going to be much good unless they are better than the ones that accompany the unit. I hope Asus is aware of this shortcoming. I will be sure to mention it too them.
Ricky3548 answered on November 11, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

See all questions about this product