From the Manufacturer
Smart, Reliable & Efficient
Uncompromised Quality and Unique Features with Affordability in Mind
Ideal for those who seek a highly reliable notebook for work or play without breaking the bank, the ASUS A Series is the perfect choice. With unique features and technologies, it is the ultimate solution for your productivity and entertainment needs while on-the-go.
Tried and Tested for Quality
ASUS is a global technology leader who focuses on the mastery of innovation and design perfection. Today, it is the world's #1 manufacturer of motherboards and is one of the world's top PC brands. ASUS embodies the passion to create products that truly enhance the computing experience. ASUS products are also strictly quality tested to surpass industry standards, surviving multiple drop tests, hinge tests cycles and LCD pressure tests, ensuring that every ASUS product you buy will be one of your best investments.
ASUS PCs finish near or at the top of the industry's reliability rankings survey after survey1
Known for their unmatched reliability, ASUS products clearly offers you peace of mind and quality you can trust. Using premium materials, ASUS aims to break the industry mold and deliver a product that is truly incredible. In addition, ASUS also offers the industry's best-in-class complimentary warranty and free 1-year accidental damage protection so you can sleep worry-free knowing ASUS has your back.
Innovation like No other
Designed with you in mind, ASUS equipped the A Series with innovative technologies that fit your needs. For instance, IceCool Technology helps keep the palm rest cool even after prolonged use. ASUS Palm Proof Technology prevents inadvertent cursor movement on the track pad when typing, thereby providing better accuracy while editing or writing a document.
The ASUS A Series delivers an immersive multimedia experience through its high-definition LED panel and SRS Premium Sound via Altec Lansing speakers. Log in to your laptop password-free with SmartLogon facial recognition technology. Plus, it offers peace of mind preventing unwanted access by other people, saving you time and keeping your laptop secure.
Relax, ASUS Has You Covered
1-Year Accidental Damage Protection - Covers accidental drops, spills, power surges and fire damage for the first year. One incident per laptop.
- AMD A6-3420 APU with ATI Radeon HD 6520GB graphics delivers a realistic, lifelike gaming and multimedia experience
- IceCool Technology keeps palm rest and typing surfaces cool even after prolonged use
- ASUS Palm-Proof Technology prevents accidental input by distinguishing between palm and finger contact on the track pad
- Massive 750GB hard drive to store music, videos, games and more
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Display: 15.6-inch HD display (1366 x 768)
- Processor: AMD A6-3420 (1.4GHz)
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6520GB
- Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 8GB SDRAM
- Storage: 750GB 5400RPM
- Optical Drive: DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
- Camera: 0.3 megapixel
- Speakers: Altec Lansing speakers
- Card Reader: 1 x 5-in-1 card reader : SD+MMC+MS+MS PRO SDHC (SD 2.0)
- Input/ Output:
- 1 x Mic-in
- 1 x Headphone-out
- 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x USB 3.0 ports
- 1 x HDMI port
- Battery: 6-cell
- Dimensions: 15.12" x 10.12" x 1.4"(W x D x H)
- Weight: 5.72 lbs (with 6-cell battery)
- Color: Mocha
What's in the Box
- A53Z-AS61 Notebook
- AC Adapter
- 6-cell Battery Pack
- Warranty Information Card
© 2012 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
2 ASUS reserves the right to exclude certain SKUs; check with your retailer to confirm coverage of specific models. Valid for notebooks purchased in the US and Canada only. Certain retailers do not participate in ADP coverage. For complete details, please visit: http://completewarranty.asus.com/.