From the Manufacturer
ASUS Essentio Desktop PC CM6870
Connect, Create, and Control Your Home Entertainment
The ASUS Essentio Desktop PC CM6870 delivers incredible performance for you to master your home media. Featuring an all-new 3rd gen Intel Core processor and high-quality components, this PC stays running smooth while playing games, watching movies, and heavy multitasking with outlasting speed and dependable reliability. Complete with a full-size wireless keyboard and wireless mouse, make the CM6870 the heart of your home media center.
Amazing multitasking performance
Featuring the 3rd gen Intel Core processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology, get ultra-fast multitasking performance that adapts the processor speed based on your current task at hand. New 3rd gen Intel Core processor get up to 20% more top-of-the-line speed1 than the previous gen Intel processor to smoothly perform your most demanding tasks at the same time.
Stunning visual power
Featuring NVIDIA GeForce graphics or Intel HD graphics2, the Essentio CM6870 gives you the power to enjoy flawless media playback from HD movies, videos, or mainstream games3. Select models with a built-in Blu-ray combo drive, let you enjoy Blu-ray movie playback and support DVD and CD writing.
Ultrafast sharing and charging
With built-in SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, transfer files to USB 3.0 storage devices up to 10 times faster and charge compatible devices like smartphones up to 50% faster4 even with the PC turned off. Complimentary with each desktop, you get 3GB of ASUS WebStorage that lets you securely and easily share and access your data online.
Energy and time savings
ASUS Instant On lets you put your PC to sleep with enhanced power savings up to 98% and resumes within seconds with the simple press of a hotkey. For even greater energy savings, the Essentio CM6870 is built with the ASUS Energy Processing Unit (EPU) that lets you customize system settings to save up to 40% energy.
Innovated cooling system
While other desktop PCs can get dust build up in their fans overtime, which leads to overheating and crashes, the ASUS Smart Cooling System uses an innovative fan spinning function that activates during system startup to keep your system at an optimal temperature and prevent dust buildup.
ASUS desktops reflect a tradition of the finest product quality, innovation, and longevity. Based on PCWorld USA’s 2011 Reliability and Service Survey6, users ranked ASUS as the leading choice for Windows® desktops, citing high satisfaction due to reliability, value, and quiet operation. ASUS desktops received further praise for performance, design, and connectivity.
Relax, ASUS Has You Covered
The Essentio CM6870 comes with a 1-year North America warranty, 1-way free return shipping, and has 24/7 tech support.
- 3rd gen Intel Core i7 processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology for ultra-fast multitasking performance that adapts the processor speed to what you're doing
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics or Intel HD graphics2 for smooth HD video and mainstream gaming performance
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports for up to 10 times faster transfers and 50% faster charging4 with compatible devices even when the PC is shut off
- Complimentary 3GB of ASUS WebStorage to easily share and access your data from online cloud storage anywhere you have an Internet connection
- 2TB 5400RPM hard drive for ample data storage
- Up to 16GB DDR3 system memory for ultra-smooth multitasking
- 7.1-channel audio support for high-quality surround sound
- High-speed wireless N connectivity and Gigabit LAN for reliable and fast Internet
- ASUS Instant On instantly puts the PC in an enhanced sleep mode that saves up to 98% energy with a hot key
- ASUS UEFI BIOS lets advanced users more easily customize system settings with a mouse interface and supports 2.2TB hard drives and larger
- ASUS Audio Maker lets you easily cut, mix, and create audio tracks then share them online
- ASUS Exclusive EPU reduces energy consumption up to 40%
- ASUS Smart Cooling System uses innovative technique to keep your system at an optimal temperature and prevent dust buildup
- Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- 3rd gen Intel Core i7-3770 processor 3.4 GHz
with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.9 GHz
- 3rd gen Intel Core i5-3450 processor 3.1 GHz
with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.5 GHz
- 3rd gen Intel Core i7-3770 processor 3.4 GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 with 3GB GDDR3 VRAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 with 2GB GDDR3 VRAM
- Intel HD graphics
- Memory: Up to 16GB DDR3 1600MHz (expandable to 16GB)
- Optical Drive: Blu-ray 12x combo drive or Super Multi 24x DVD drive5
- WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n (@ 2.4GHz)
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Hybrid Storage: 2TB 5400RPM hard drive + complementary 3GB of ASUS WebStorage
- Audio: ALC892 High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC
- Card Reader:
- CF SLOT: CF/ Micro Drive
- MS SLOT: MS/ MS Duo/ MS Pro/ MS Pro Duo
- SDSLOT: SD/ MMC/ MMC4.0/ RS-MMC/ RS-MMC4.0/ SDHC
- Adapter required: MS Micro-M2/ MINI SD/ Micro SD/ MINI MMC
- Front IO Ports:
- 1 x 16-in-1 Card Reader
- 1 x Headphone
- 1 x Microphone
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 2 x USB 2.0
- Back IO Ports:
- 1 x RJ45 LAN (10/100/1000)
- 1 x 8 channel Audio I/O
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x VGA
- 1 x DVI
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 4 x USB 2.0
- PC-cillin Internet Security/Titanium 3.0(Mid-Range) Trial
- Office 2010 Starter
- Nero 9 Essentials
- Microsoft Pack
- Adobe Reader
- Warranty: 1 year North America Warranty
- Certification: Energy Star 5.2, EPEAT Gold
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 16.1 x 16.5 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Color: Black
What's in the Box
- ASUS Essentio Desktop PC CM6870
- Wired keyboard
- Wired mouse
- Power Cord
- Warranty Card
- Quick Manual
© 2012 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications are subject to change without notice and features are only in select models. Products may not be available in all markets. Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
1 Intel performance tested with two comparable Intel Core i5 processors.
2 Graphics configuration varies by model.
3 Graphics performance may vary by model and system configuration.
4 Figures are theoretical values compared to USB 2.0 benchmarks for reference purposes. Actual speed depends on device and system status.
5 Optical disc drive configuration may vary by model.