Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 318 questions
votes
I bought a Google Nexus 7 on impulse during the sales tax holiday here in Florida. Used it for two weeks and discovered the device would no longer charge. As you may know, these devices are not manufactured by Google, but by the Taiwanese concern Asus. I contacted Asus customer service and was instructed to return it to them for repair (with me paying the postage). Did so and heard nothing back after two weeks. A follow up inquiry subsequently led them insisting that I pay $202 for labor, parts, and shipping to repair this $225 item which I had used for two weeks. I wrote back and told them to return the device. Of course, if I had bought an iPad mini, it would have cost $100 more, but I could have walked the defective appliance into an Apple Store and walked out with a happy resolution to my problem. If I had bought the Nexus 7 directly from Google instead of a bricks-and-mortar discounter, I could have returned it to Google and maybe had a different experience. I'm sharing this information because I learned some lessons here. #1 Research the customer service for a manufacturer. If there are tons of complaints, think twice. If there are rave reviews, take note. #2 Be willing to pay more for better service. Booking a flight to Europe? Pay a little bit extra and go on Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, etc. and avoid the obvious nickle-and-dimers. #3 There's more at stake than price. Think about return policies, customer service. Costco sells Samsung tablets. If I had bought one of those, I could have walked in there and returned it with no questions asked. Samsung customer service is hardly the best, but it's nothing like the deadly experience from Asus. I will never again buy one of their products and strongly urge you to avoid them. That's my advice.
Sep 26, 2013 by Richard G. Shieldhouse
votes
I was able to download from my public library. Using Overdrive and Library 2 go. Hope this helps. I am around 70 and found it fairly easy
Jan 25, 2013 by Amazon Customer
votes
You can cache maps in google maps but no directions once you leave wifi. I use navfree as it gives on the fly directions no wii needed. Just download state maps before you leave the house (see my review, its the second on the main page)
Jun 21, 2013 by D.L.C
votes
can it play hulu plus? Nov 25, 2012
I downloaded and installed the app and it seems to work. I'm not a Hulu Plus member, so I couldn't watch the videos, but the app loaded fine and lets me scroll through the videos. Hope this helps.
Nov 25, 2012 by A. Youngblood
votes
It has a mini usb port for charging and you can connect that cord to a computer for transferring items onto the tablet, but it doesnt have a full size usb port.
Nov 10, 2013 by Charles John
votes
It's last year's model. But you can update to Android Jelly Bean 4.3 for free.
Nov 6, 2013 by Menla R.
votes
does it have a camera Mar 24, 2014
It has a front facing camera only.
Mar 24, 2014 by Mildred
votes
does it have usb host Jun 9, 2014
It has 1 micro-USB port. You can use it to charge device or to connect it to PC.
Jun 9, 2014 by Ivan
votes
I have not found a way yet that doesn't involve rooting (which we will not do until after the warrenty is up).
Jun 12, 2013 by Calyn
votes
No, per the manufacturer, the Nexus 7 has "Corning® Fit Glass"
Feb 13, 2013 by Teddy Striker
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   32   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers