5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good
Install was a breeze. My HTPC is running smoothly, no stability issues. Very happy with this purchase. I am using Haswell core-i5 processor, 4 gig RAM. Using Windows 7 64-bit OS and Ceton Cablecard HDTV tuner. Life is good :)
Published 14 months ago by Vivek Chaudhary

2.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Get this Board
Published 9 months ago by Roy Griffis

2.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Get this Board, May 19, 2014
Roy Griffis (Lake Arrowhead, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASUS H81M-A ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards (Personal Computers)
When it works, it works fine...unless you need a steady NIC connection. I've over 15 years of PC hardware experience, so when I bought this board, I had no trouble building a PC with it. However, the on-board NIC connection dropped every 6 hours or so. Obviously, a flaw with the hardware. I returned the board (and people who have built PCs know this is a labor intensive step, as the Motherboard is basically the foundation of your PC, and you have to take almost everything out of the PC or off the motherboard to remove it. And, of course, when I received the replacement motherboard, I had to go through the process in reverse) for a replacement. On receipt of the second Mobo, the NIC was a little more steady: it might last as long as a day and a half before losing connection. I've been in contact with ASUS customer service, who are attempting to suggest the problem is my network: no other machines on my home LAN have this issue, my previous PC at this location never had this issue...you can understand my skepticism. If one does some research with other vendors such as NewEgg, it is easy to see the NIC is a known and persistent issue with this board. Don't get it, save yourself the headache.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, January 2, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for an HTPC build, February 26, 2014
4/5 stars. i purchased this motherboard in conjunction with an i3-4330, 4 gigs of ram, silverstone micro atx HTPC case and a 400 watt psu. it performs flawlessly and easy to configure. as someone else has stated, it doesn't support case USB 3.0. it does, however, have 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back I/O panel. one nice thing this board can do is, it can boot up faster than it takes my monitor to display my desktop. the HDMI port it has is also a plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an Awesome Motherboard Packed With Features For a Budget Build, May 3, 2014
David B. (North Georgia) - See all my reviews
This motherboard has HDMI out, USB 3.0, SATA 6 and all for a very low price. It also uses the ASUS AI Suite 3 for better fan and performance tuning than some of the boards that only support AI Suite 2. You can put an Intel Pentium Processor G3220 3.0 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646G3220 on this board and you'll have Core i3 performance for $125 (Board and Processor). You can verify this claim at CPU Benchmark Dot Net.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mobo for the reasonable price., February 18, 2014
So far so good. Nice little motherboard from Asus. Not much of a hassle to get it working with an Intel i3 4130 proc. Easy for the average joe with minimal knowledge on pc builds, and the bios setup is just a breeze. On the downside, maybe the fact that only supports up to 16 gb ram and a single pcie slot, but for what it matters that's just enough.
And remember, this is for intel's 4th gen proc - 1150 haswell architecture....just in case you still have a 1155 proc around.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS WELL, January 7, 2015
Works well for me.
And almost enough for my pc.

Should have bought B85M instead of H81M.

Monitor: ASUS VS228H-P 22-Inch Full-HD 5ms LED-Lit LCD Monitor
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE120BW)
Speakers:Logitech Speakers Z130
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54570
MOBO: ASUS H81M-A ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Blue (HX316C10F/8)
Harddisk: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX
Wireless: TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Wireless N300 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 300Mbps, Include Low-profile Bracket
Power: EVGA 500W 80PLUS Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti Superclock w/G-SYNC Support 2GB GDDR5 128bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, HDMI, DP 1.2 Graphics Card (02G-P4-3753-KR)
Case: Rosewill Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case CHALLENGER-U3 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Entry MoBo, February 25, 2014
Paladorys (Chicago,IL United States) - See all my reviews
Does not support case USB 3.0 which is disappointing considering there are USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard. Only supports one case fan in addition to the CPU fan, a cheap spliter allows for additional fan but you lose independent speed control. Although the documentation does state this, there is no wifi on board, you will need either a dongle or a card, however considering you only have one expansion slot available, you would probably use a dongle if you want wifi.

Easy to read documentation and many good features on the cheap. For the price it is a great value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Suffers From Bad NIC and Constent Web Disconnects, February 15, 2015
Asus has always been a trusted brand in my family and remains so but I would be lying if I said that this did not hurt.
This board has a quick bios along with EFI support and a wonderful graphical UI for adjusting bios settings. Where this board fails is in its NIC I.E. (Network Interface Controller). Most PC users browse the web and when you have a failing NIC you will suffer constant disconnects from the web. Sometimes not even unplugging the network will solve the problem and will only work was 1 or 2 reboots have been performed. Will not recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars boards dead on arrival., October 8, 2014
Bought 2 boards to build new computers. Both boards dead on arrival. Neither one will boot or even go to Bios. Asus support tried to tell me it was because I was using 4th generation processors. Bought Celeron processor, neither board would boot with it either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mobo for the price, February 5, 2015
I love this mobo. Super great value, looks pretty, feels like a million bucks in your hands. Cuddle with it at night, use it as a weapon against intruders. It's great. Not too hard to install, and I love me that LGA 1150 slot. What more do you want?

ASUS H81M-A ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards