4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compact projector for travel
I purchased this projector from another retailer, but wanted to share my review on it. This is a high quality Pico projector that is compact, lightweight, and actually bright enough for dim lit rooms. I'm a huge fan of the Asus brand since I've had a long history with their computer components, so I was expecting this product to meet my high quality expectations...
Published on August 20, 2012 by Anthony Toy

1.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw in proprietary cable renders projector useless
Published 9 months ago by D. Rodenborn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compact projector for travel, August 20, 2012
Anthony Toy (Montebello, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)

Pros:
1. Small footprint which makes it easy to carry and travel with the included carrying case. The case is a soft case that has two zippered compartments which both have soft lining inside to protect the lens.
2. The resolution is better than most Pico projectors available and the image quality of text is very good for its 200 ANSI Lumens rating.
3. Easy setup with either the flip up leg to set it on a flat surface or the tripod mount which I have used a few times already.
4. Fast powerup/power down time
5. The ability to use most recent Asus laptop power adapters as a power source if you only want to carry one set of power cables.
6. Keystone adjustment is excellent and easy to use to set a perfect size.
7. Use of LED bulb and lower cost for future replacements.

Cons:
1. VGA/component video inputs only (Wish it had an HDMI input, but an adapter can always be purchased)
2. No lens cover (I know most Pico projectors do not include one, but it would be nice to have a simple lens cover)
3. Proprietary cable with VGA/Composite Video input (If you lose it, you have to directly purchase one from Asus)
4. The weight of the propreitary input cable could damage the pins through extended use.
5. The power cables do not fit properly in one of the pockets. I wish Asus would have made one of the pockets of the carrying case a little larger to accomodate this. I felt that if they had added one more inch of space, it would fit the video adapter and power cables and power brick properly.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the performance, portability, and quality of this projector. My main reason for deducting it one star is because of the lack of additional inputs. If it had an HDMI input, I would easily give it five stars. The rest of the cons are really just little things that would have made it that much better, so I'm not deducting any stars for them. I plan on traveling more with it for providing training slides and videos. When I'm home, I will be mounting it to a wall mount tripod adapter (type of small wall mount used for mounting IP cameras) to project the image to my ceiling so I could watch movies while lying in bed. With such a small footprint, it really isn't noticeable and is so fast and easy to mount and unmount to take everywhere. I will update this as time goes on and if there are any other things worth noting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw in proprietary cable renders projector useless, March 5, 2014
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
Really loved this projector when we first got it. Unfortunately, after only a few months of use, we started getting a magenta hue - clear sign of a faulty cable. Problem .... the cable is proprietary, only manufactured for this projector, and no longer in production or available. No worries - the projector is still under warranty, so I can get an RMA replacement, right? Wrong ... ASUS support says their cable, which they manufacture, which is proprietary and specifically designed for this projector, is not covered under the warranty. Really? A cheap, poorly manufactured cable that only works with this projector has now rendered the projector useless, and it's not covered? Awesome. Poor customer service experience. Will not recommend ASUS products to anyone in the future.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Nice projector doesn't save settings, July 11, 2013
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
I love everything about this projector except that it doesn't do what it says it's supposed to.
Great brightness, short-throw but auto keystone setting ruins the entire projector. When I turn this function off it is instantly turned back on every time I restart the projector. Contacted ASUS (worst technical support I've ever experienced) Couldn't find anyone who had even heard of this projector then I finally found someone who read me the manual over the phone. Misleading manual, misleading product.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Aug 28, 2013 2:25:16 PM PDT
Dear Gabe,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please know that we always strive in providing the best experience possible for all of our customers. Your feedback will greatly help in making sure this issue is addressed so all of our customers will receive the best support possible. Could you please email me the following:
- Phone# you dialed for support
- Reference or case # given to you by the support agent at the time of the call
- Details of conversation you had with the support agent you spoke with
Please send your concerns about this topic to cl-celeste@asus.com. Thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,
Celeste
ASUS Customer Loyalty

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and functional., June 5, 2013
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
OK there is no USB port and HDMI port, but otherwise it is bright and simple and does the job really well. A robust little projector at an affordable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little projector, January 27, 2013
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
Extremely easy to set up and use for CPR/First Aid training videos and powerpoint demos. Very portable - slips inside my laptop case between training sessions. The picture is very clear and bright enough for a conference room that cannot be fully darkened due to emergency lighting.

It is true that the soft case that comes with the P1 is not large enough to fit both ends of the power supply, but I just store it with the power cords for my laptop.

I love this little projector and have gotten a lot of use out of it in the last 6 months. I am looking for a replacement lamp as I am not sure how long the lamp will last, and I would hate to get caught off guard when I am about to start a training. I have not been able to find a replacement bulb. I will update this review if I do find one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, September 9, 2013
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
Excellent projector. The only challenge is that it needs a fairly dark room to show a good image. I use it for work and to project movies in the backyard on summer nights.

5.0 out of 5 stars For business! Very good!, May 30, 2013
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
I bought this 10 days ago and have had it for a week.
Pros:
The picture is very good and easily adjusted.
It is small and light like it advertises.
I have used it for presentations and for entertainment and its been great!
30,000 hours of life in the bulb ends up at about 3 and half years strait of life.
Oh and the Image gets a a lot bigger and is still clear. I wanted to know size specs before I bought it because they kept advertising the short throw, and I don't need a small picture but a medium picture.It gets 80 inches and bigger across.

cons:
Although I haven't experienced any I can only say that it is simple
and does not have a ton of bells and whistles. but it is a lot cheaper than most of the others and it simply works for what I need it for which is presenting.

Over all buy it! its great for movies too just use external speakers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for business travel, October 6, 2012
AFuji (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
This is perfect for business travel, when you need basic PPT projection, but don't want to take up tons of luggage space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Projector, May 27, 2013
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
This projector is ideal for classroom situations and even in the bush when you show the Jesus film. It is so small and light that you never regret taking it along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, April 20, 2013
This review is from: ASUS P1 LED Pico Projector (Office Product)
I am very impressed with the ASUS projector! Excellent quality for the price and shipped to my very quickly. I will definitely continue to follow this brand.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›