Most helpful positive review
25 of 26 people found the following review helpful
Excellent compact projector for travel
on August 20, 2012
I purchased this projector from another retailer, but wanted to share my review on it. This is a high quality Pico projector that is compact, lightweight, and actually bright enough for dim lit rooms. I'm a huge fan of the Asus brand since I've had a long history with their computer components, so I was expecting this product to meet my high quality expectations.
1. Small footprint which makes it easy to carry and travel with the included carrying case. The case is a soft case that has two zippered compartments which both have soft lining inside to protect the lens.
2. The resolution is better than most Pico projectors available and the image quality of text is very good for its 200 ANSI Lumens rating.
3. Easy setup with either the flip up leg to set it on a flat surface or the tripod mount which I have used a few times already.
4. Fast powerup/power down time
5. The ability to use most recent Asus laptop power adapters as a power source if you only want to carry one set of power cables.
6. Keystone adjustment is excellent and easy to use to set a perfect size.
7. Use of LED bulb and lower cost for future replacements.
1. VGA/component video inputs only (Wish it had an HDMI input, but an adapter can always be purchased)
2. No lens cover (I know most Pico projectors do not include one, but it would be nice to have a simple lens cover)
3. Proprietary cable with VGA/Composite Video input (If you lose it, you have to directly purchase one from Asus)
4. The weight of the propreitary input cable could damage the pins through extended use.
5. The power cables do not fit properly in one of the pockets. I wish Asus would have made one of the pockets of the carrying case a little larger to accomodate this. I felt that if they had added one more inch of space, it would fit the video adapter and power cables and power brick properly.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the performance, portability, and quality of this projector. My main reason for deducting it one star is because of the lack of additional inputs. If it had an HDMI input, I would easily give it five stars. The rest of the cons are really just little things that would have made it that much better, so I'm not deducting any stars for them. I plan on traveling more with it for providing training slides and videos. When I'm home, I will be mounting it to a wall mount tripod adapter (type of small wall mount used for mounting IP cameras) to project the image to my ceiling so I could watch movies while lying in bed. With such a small footprint, it really isn't noticeable and is so fast and easy to mount and unmount to take everywhere. I will update this as time goes on and if there are any other things worth noting.