Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASUS VE198T 19" WXGA+ 1440x900 DVI-D VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 2, 2014
I have purchased over 3 dozen of these monitors for co-workers and have been very pleased. We use them for your typical business applications (Word, Excel, etc.) so I can't speak to how they perform in gaming or other video intensive situations. For our needs though, they have held up very well Many have been in place for two years with no issues. They are used for dual monitor setups, so having both VGA and DVI connections was a must. The built-in speakers are okay for our needs, but I would not expect them to sound all that great if you are planning on using them as your main PC speakers for audio or video playback. Overall, a very nice monitor at a very reasonable price.
on May 23, 2014
We bought these as a solution to upgrading to dual monitors. They've got the VGA and DVI connections which are great and power on quickly, no dead pixels.

Only con: wish there was a bit more of a tilt to the monitor but I'm probably splitting hairs.
on May 26, 2014
The displays are gorgeous! But the cords (power, VGA, DVI-D, and sound) are all about 4' (didn't actually measure them). That is barely long enough to go from the PC, up through the hole in the back of the desk, to the monitor if both are sitting very close to the hole. I bought six of these to use in our office as dual displays for three PCs. The cords are not long enough to reach the monitor furthest from the hole. I had to buy power strips to plug them in (since the outlet is not directly under the hole). And I'm using old VGA cables which are longer. And I will be buying longer HDMI to DVI-D cables (yea Monoprice!) so we will have a little more flexibility as to where to put the monitors.

As for stuck pixels, two of the six have a single stuck pixel, which is not a big deal to me. But I've never had a monitor with a stuck pixel before (have bought a dozen or so LCD/LED monitors in the past), so thought I'd mention it for those who would be bothered by it.

Lastly the stands are not the sturdiest I've seen. I don't think they'll break, but they do wobble a bit.
on February 26, 2015
I picked up two of these refurbished for $40 a piece plus $10 shipping each unit. Total was $100 for two monitors. Note I bought them *refurbished* by Asus and bought off a reseller. Buying it used is risky since you may take a chance if they work or have dead pixels etc. I must say this was a great buy. No dead pixels! I also picked up a dvi to hdmi cable so I can take advantage of the hdmi input on my graphics card. Games, 3d graphics editing, and youtube are great on these. I will be purchasing more when I can get them again for $50 a piece including shipping. The vesa screw holes on the back worked great and these monitors are currently set up on my dual monitor stand for more desk space. This monitor does not have an hdmi output only vga and dvi which I knew and was fine with. As long as you get a dvi to hdmi adapter you will be rockin. This monitor comes with a power cable and a dvi cable as default no audio cable though. The seller I purchased from threw in a free hdmi cable too. Ironic since this monitor doesnt have hdmi output built in. None the less if you are looking to get a dual monitor setup or if you are on a budget I highly recommend this monitor for all your computing needs. Especially if you can nab this for $50.
on July 12, 2014
This monitor is excellent for everything except graphics. It was not made for even low end design or photo work. If you work with graphic design and PhotoShop (I do) then you need a monitor than can be calibrated to a much higher degree than this.

For common use, the Internet, writing, viewing photos etc it is fine.
The color is vibrant and clear.

I use it for a surveillance monitor and have no complaints about it.
on March 26, 2016
The LED backlit Asus VE198T monitor is brighter (cooler) white than my older 19" Asus monitor. I am using dual monitors side by side in the expanded desktop mode so I can easily see the differences in monitors. All in all the monitor is working very well
on February 7, 2014
It's a monitor, it works. It has built in speakers, they work.
Extremely fast shipping, I mean FAST shipping, like next day arrival even with the free option I chose.
No dead pixels, bright, good color.

I wanted a smaller monitor because you can get TOO large, causing eye strain and requiring you sit half way across the room to actually view the screen. This fit the bill.

As others have noted, the speakers aren't premium, but I didnt expect this. I wanted them to save desk space and eliminate cord clutter, and thats exactly what they do. Just remember to turn them up in the Monitor's settings as well as you computers settings.
on June 22, 2015
Bought this for use with my son's Raspberry Pi. It required a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, but with the adapter it works great. Screen is bright and sharp. My only complaint is the speakers are a little weak, but I expected that from built-in speakers.
on February 8, 2013
Color and tone isn't the greatest. Even after multiple attempts at tuning, color is still off. If you get the picture looking good, text/letters are hard to read due to low contrast. If you tune so that letters are legible, picture coloring goes off. Its a good thing I only need it for office work and it keeps me off youtube.
on September 21, 2014
Good quality, clear monitor, easily plug in and go! I originally bought it to work as an external monitor for my macbook air but realized I had a larger monitor with the same aspect ratio that I could use (to wall mount). Put this one in place of the old one attached to a Windows PC and it works well.