4.0 out of 5 stars Good for work
Published 2 months ago by J. Prall

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk! don't waste your money!!!
Published 4 months ago by mk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for work, June 20, 2014
This review is from: ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-Bundle 10.1" Gray 32GB with Keyboard Dock Gray (Personal Computers)
I've owned this bundle for over a year, and I do really love it. It's great as long as you understand and accept the type of machine that it is. Think about it--you get full MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook) on this computer for free. Outlook is acquired when you upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1. My own complaint is that I wish it had a digitizer and stylus for taking notes. You can use a general stylus, but the handwriting doesn't pick up smoothly and there is no palm rejection. However, for me that complaint is mitigated by having the keyboard. I have had one key break off the keyboard (F1), but other than that I've had no problems with the hardware. My other wish: I wish that the Dropbox app were better, as you can't upload documents to your dropbox very easily. Skydrive/Onedrive integration is much better on this computer. Bottom line: If you are looking for a productivity computer for work and internet, this is great! Plus, I've haven't needed an antivirus. A tip: I can also access my work network shared drives through the app "Modern File Explorer" that I found on the Windows store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Go with the Asus T100LA.. Best one available at the moment for the same price., December 10, 2013
I owned one of these for about half of a year. It comes with Windows RT, which is basically Windows 8 only, and no programs can be installed on the desktop... ONLY the Windows Store. This may prove problematic for those of us who want to install other programs instead of just apps. It is fast and responsive, but unfortunately it is somewhat dated already. Asus is selling their T100LA for $349.00, which has a MUCH faster processor that can run full Windows that is more worth your money... As a very tech. savvy student, a smaller tablet with a keyboard dock would be your best bet, as they're compact and easy to type on, and your battery will last you two days if it comes down to it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet/laptop, November 30, 2013
This is simply a great tablet/laptop. Office included, great battery life. You can certainly get work done on this one,for most people office, if you are into gaming all day long, get an xbox or psp4 or go to your desktop. Surfing is great, touch screen is super responsive. I would recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Purchase, July 9, 2014
First I will say that I am easily typing this very review from this device while multitasking between other apps/programs. I made this purchase after returning the Dell Venue 8 Pro because the Dell 8" screen didn't cut it plus I had numerous performance issues plus the Aus was on sale for only $219. I have had my Asus Vivotab now for 4 days and absolutely love it!

The keyboard that comes with it feels very solid and tough (not cheaply made), the battery life is amazing (I go almost 3 full days on a charge with the keyboard attached approximately 70% of the time), the touch screen is very responsive, and overall it feels like a very well made product. I rated it a 4 out of 5 for two reasons: 1) the initial setup of running updates and running into the screen freeze issue (see below) was VERY frustrating but I made it past that none the less 2) the tablet itself fits into the keyboard dock easily but wiggles just a tad when moving it (I will be reaching out to Asus to see if there is a fix or to get a replacement).

I will pass along some advice though... when you first get the device you will need to install 60+ updates including moving to Windows RT 8.1 (which IMO is much better) and quite possibly more than one time (I had to twice). Plug it in and plan on it taking 1 or more hours to complete. After the update goes through you may encounter (as I did) the screen freezing while in sleep mode. In other words when you try to press the power button to restore it / wake it up nothing happens. Good news is there is a fix and mine has worked perfectly since I updated the setting. You will need to change an embedded option which allows the device to be turned off after being in sleep mode for one minute or longer. p.s. I guided to this resolution online in a forum so I cannot take credit but I still had to dig to find it.

Here are the steps:
Go to the desktop, open up control panel (swipe from right then press settings), when control panel opens you will need to search for "usb" in the search box at the top right, then select "Device Manager", then scroll to the bottom and expand/click "Universal Serial Bus controllers", you will then see one or two (mine had two) links titled "USB Root Hub", start by clicking/double clicking one then go to the "Power Management" tab, you will need to uncheck the box labeled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", if you only have one link then you are all set, if you have two you simply click on the second one and uncheck that same box.

I hope this was helpful. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet bundle!, December 24, 2013
It definitely takes a little getting used to Windows 8 OS, but once you are use to it, it's pretty simple.
The tablet came installed with Microsoft Office 2013 Preview.
The keyboard is very compact, so it may take a little adjustment.
The tablet, when connected to the keyboard weighs around two pounds and is extremely portable and light!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk! don't waste your money!!!, April 28, 2014
Junk! Don't waste your money! After a month of use the screen stopped responding. I had to completely shut off the tablet and reset it to get it to respond. But eventually even this stopped working. Unfortunately I didn't buy this tablet through Amazon and Asus customer service is AWFUL!!!! I'm still trying to get an RMA # from them to send it back and it's been months. I wasted my money don't waste yours!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks, May 6, 2014
Initially it worked well and being a Win 8, its very cool to work in office. Well designed and ergonomic.
Later it started giving all kinds of troubles. It started freezing, the keybord stopped responding and needed rebooting everytime.
Good Idea, but poor device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk product..Worst Nightmare tech support, I would rather buy generic tablet from china.., March 29, 2014
The day I got, tried to register this piece of Junk, the key board does not respond, the mouse works but key board don't let me type at all, called customer service, which goes to Jamaica, never help me but they want me to send the unit back to them getting RMA number was nightmare experiment, after two days finally we got the number, they wanted to send it by FedEx which is about 140 miles from where we live. This isn't our first tablet, we have a kindle and ipad and we never had this bad of an experience. The customer service for amazon was outstanding and generous. We've never had a bad experience with the ipad or kindle, so this is the first time something like this has happened to us. Think twice before you buy this piece of junk because you will a hassle working with it and the worst experience with it ever. I am mad that I am even giving them a one star. They don't even deserve a one star. Not only will you have a bad experience with the product of Asus but you will also have a bad time with the customer service. I would rather buy generic tablet, which are lot cheaper and better than Asus tablet..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, February 2, 2014
It works very well. The functionality is great. The only limits are the somewhat limited apps available and the fact that common ones like Apple iTunes doesn't exist. The printing is limited to Microsoft printers.

1.0 out of 5 stars 15 months and it is dead....no support, February 10, 2014
Do NOT buy this piece of junk. Even initially it was disappointing but perhaps expectations were too high. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to 8.1. Now an issue with bitlocker has completely locked it up. Get only 2 blue screens saying all bitlocker repair options have been used. Try to enter rescue code and only numbers, no letters, can be entered. The local geeks cannot help, Microsoft will not support Windows RT on Asus and Asus can't or won't help. All recovery options are embedded on a chip which cannot be replaced.

Will never buy another Asus product......

Rate and Discover Movies