Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 201 questions
votes
You can connect the drive (assuming it's USB), via the dongle or the USB on the keyboard, but your Tax app will not run, unless it's in the app store. If you are looking to reaplce your laptop, I would look towards a slate or surface professional that run full blown Windows 8.
Jan 17, 2013 by Ray E.
votes
The Asus Keyboard gives you advantages. It clips in to the tablet and turns it into more of a laptop. This protects the screen when closed, increases the functionality with keyboard, touch pad and more ports, and almost doubles the battery life. You could use a USB (even wireless USB) Keyboard and Mouse. There is an adapter which plugs in to the power port on the tablet and gives you a USB port. I have used a wireless mouse using this interface, and it works well. There are issues with this set-up though. Since it is the power port, you can't charge the unit while using the USB port. There is no stand for the tablet and having something plugged in to the bottom edge of the device makes it even more awkward.
Feb 18, 2013 by Mario M.
vote
CAN I WATCH NETFLIX Jul 9, 2014
Yes! In fact, the Netflix app for Windows 8 RT works extremely well in general and on this tablet in paticular. I like this version of the app better than the Android and iOS (iPad & iPhone) versions. A lot of people have been very critical of Microsoft and their decision to make an RT version of Windows. Obviously the full Windows 8 is more powerful (being able to run full Windows programs, not just apps), but my VivoTab RT is WAY more useful than my iPad and iPod Touch, especially since it comes with Microsoft Office. Since getting my VivoTab RT over 18 months ago, I rarely touch my iPad 2.
Jul 9, 2014 by The Mobile Trekker (B Stoops)
vote
I have no idea! I am not a guru, but it freezes up.... I have had a nightmare of a time getting things taken care of through the claims dept. My HP was sent in last year for repair (I had some keys sticking) HP not only fixed the sticking, but replaced my keys and I didn't ask or expect them to do it! HP is a better product in my book. They back their products and produce long lasting computer equipment!
Mar 2, 2014 by Heather Openshaw
votes
reader Sep 26, 2013
yes you can definitely use it as a reader, i have numerous books on the kindle app and i am pretty sure it has what is called a reader so you can download magazines or newspapers. I have not used that portion mostly the kindle part and that works great. if you have a amazon account then all you have to do is configure it to send whatever to your tablet, i set a name for mine since i have a kindle an the tablet but if you have both it will go to all the kindle apps you have whether it is your pc, laptop, phone, tablet or kindle. hope that answers your question
Sep 26, 2013 by edna hampton
votes
I purchased the ASUS Vivo Tab RT for 499.00 at Microcenter. It appears ASUS has lowered the price. The free keyboard is included at the lowered price.
Nov 2, 2012 by D Horton
votes
No, the only downloads available have to come from the Windows store. You can go to any web site you please, but apps must be Windows 8 apps from the store.
Nov 21, 2013 by John Buffaloe
votes
I haven't tried PowerPoint but it should work. Hand writing in OneNote is fantastic even if you're handwriting is not very good. It converts to typewritten letters perfectly and you can format just like you're in Word. This functionality has been the envy of my iPad using friends, although I tell them OneNote app is available for iPad, but I'm not sure if it works as well on that platform.
Sep 24, 2013 by ETech
votes
As I understand it, the version on the tablet is a preview. The full version is supposed to be provided by Microsoft (for free) when it is ready. This version doesn't include Outlook, however.
Jul 18, 2013 by W. Bode
votes
I had npo luck with this, and I bought mine prior to Dec. 31, 2012. Amazon was not taking orders at the time due to some issue with the promotion, and pushed me off to a vendor for purchase. When I inquired of the vendor regarding the 'free' keyboard, they referred me to Amazon. When I tried with Amazon, they referred me to the vendor. I have never figured out who would honor the offer.
May 1, 2013 by nberkey
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   21   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers