Questions & Answers
ASUS Zenbook UX32 13-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
by Asus
3.9 out of 5 stars (58)
Used & New from: $1,099.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 questions
votes
You're better to get an 8GB chip that runs at CL11 timing, as the laptop will reduce the frequency the RAM runs at otherwise to accommodate the faster timing, resulting in slower performance. Myself and many others have bough the 1600 MHz Cl11 8GB Patriot, and it works like a champ: http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Memory-Signature-1600MHz-PSD38G16002S/dp/B007M538DW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8
Jun 28, 2012 by Weekend Warrior
votes
It has been out of stock since July. There were some noticeable problems with these laptops (in design). Customer complaints about really bad backlight leaking, bent keyboards (in the middle), and the USB slots do not align with the outside shell. Hopefully ASUS tries to fix these issues for a second revision of this laptop. They are coming out with another line of ultrabooks with dedicated graphics minus the IPS screen (:-/). ASUS S Series (this month or next month will be the "official release")
Aug 19, 2012 by L. Hou
votes
There is a proprietary Asus mini VGA port on the side. The laptop comes with an adapter along with the USB Ethernet adapter.
Dec 15, 2013 by Jim Gooch
votes
go to Crucial.com put in model number it list all the upgrades ssd and ram
Jul 28, 2012 by Marlandj53
votes
can it run linux? Jun 13, 2013
Probably. I've never found a PC that couldn't. No guarantee though. LINUX is a good way to bring old Hardware back to life. I was thinking of installing LINUX on this as a second OS parallel to Windows-7. When I do, I will let you know.
Jun 13, 2013 by Karl Ruegg, Published Author
votes
Assuming this is a serious question, do you have a patent #? Given that thinness is generally a sought after quality of a laptop, it's unlikely that it, in itself, is defensible in court on many grounds. It would be like trying to patent a car that is fast.
Sep 18, 2012 by Chris Fiorillo
votes
I am/was split on this thought as well, but personally I feel the costs will be prohibitive of the U500. I presume it'll be around the $1500 mark for dedicated graphics and a 128SSD+500GB HDD (there will also be a 512GB SSD, which will easily make the laptop cost around $1700. The price of the laptop, albeit a subjective point, is for me not worth it considering the absolute POOR customer service reviews ASUS has gotten on here. It's very disappointing, and that's put me on the ultrabook search again after having my doubts about the UX32 :(.
Sep 19, 2012 by Konrad A.
votes
i think you sould contact asus , your HDD is certainly giving smart errors to the OS
Sep 17, 2012 by Fabien G
votes
2 monitors. You have HDMI and display port adapter for VGA.
Sep 18, 2012 by AJ
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers