I've been using this exact brand, style, and size calendar (AT-A-GLANCE PM2-28) in business offices and my home office for over 10 years. If you rely heavily on calendars to write notes and keep track of things I think you'll greatly appreciate this one. The reason I love it is because it has all the features I need:

* Enough room to write notes for every day...
Published on October 14, 2012 by PWTSM

3.0 out of 5 stars Good layout, cheap lightweight paper that curls in.
This calendar has a nice layout and size, but the paper it is made out of is lightweight (almost tissue paper-like), so at least if it is a space that is not air conditioned and has some airflow, it curls in at the bottom. Using some clips at the bottom mostly fixes this, but makes flipping between months annoying.
Published 19 months ago by Daniel J. Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY wall calendar I use for home & business for 10+ years, October 14, 2012
This review is from: AT-A-GLANCE Recycled Monthly Wall Calendar, Med Wall, 2013 (PM2-28) (Office Product)

* Enough room to write notes for every day of the year, with ruled lines in each day to keep hand written notes neat.
* The boxes for each day are large enough so my older eyes don't have trouble seeing my notes.
* The boxes for each day are the perfect size to fit a small post-it note so you can easily and quickly transfer a note from a post-it to your calendar w/o having to write the note over again.
* Extra spaces at the beginning and end of each month are left blank so you can post notes there too. Very helpful when I want to remind myself of what's coming up next month. Other calendar compaines often use this extra space to advertise their other products.
* Has information about all U.S. holidays plus other countries, which is helpful if you work with people outside the U.S. or with family outside the U.S.
* Bottom of the calendar, each page/month, shows the prior and coming months by the week & day so you can look ahead "at-a-glance".
* Spiral bound but not too tight, which makes it easy to turn pages. Great to turn pages quickly in such a large calendar if you need to look at past notes in a hurry, which I often do. With other calendars I try to turn the page and the pages end up ripping off or getting tangled.
* Bail at top is large enough to fit on a larger hook, and is well balanced. You'd be surprised at how cock-eyed some calendars can be when you hang them. I find that annoying.

Comes in slightly smaller sizes just in case this one (12"W x 17"H) won't fit in the space you have. The slightly smaller ones is a great fit in tight places and just as useful. I've used the smaller ones too, when I must, in spaces in my kitchen, bedroom, and even used one in my car when I travel. Can easily hang with a removable stick up hook in a hotel but are small enough to fit in a brief case or portfolio.

Here's the 15"Wx12"H (PM-8-28):
AT-A-GLANCE Recycled Wall Calendar, Med Wall, 2013 (PM8-28)

Here's the 8"Wx11"H (PM3-28):
AT-A-GLANCE Recycled Monthly Wall Calendar, Large Wall, 2013 (PM3-28)

Staples currently sells the larger 12x17 for about $15 with free shipping if you spend $60. Here on Amazon they are currently selling for about $11 each with free shipping if you spend $25 total. The choice is clear as to where I'm buying mine this year, to save money. I just added two to my shopping cart.

WARNING:
These calendars are popular and are usually hard to find after October. Buy them ASAP, don't wait until November or December or you might not be able to get them. At-A-Glance stops production early in the year. For this reason most stores cannot retock until the next year comes out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good layout, cheap lightweight paper that curls in., May 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Captures my daily schedule, December 3, 2012
Have used this calendar style for years, since my children were younger. I continue to use it even now that they are adults. It gives me the space to record many different activities, but the thing I love most is that from across the room I can "GLANCE" at it and know what is on for my day. It is vital to my being able to keep life on track and my mind from going crazy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I buy these every year, November 5, 2012
These are a good size for your office at work or home. I buy them every year and love them....you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great calendar, August 23, 2012
This is just what I needed to keep track of my busy schedule and DR. appointments. It is large enough to write out exactly what you need to know about your day.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for home office. i love that it is easy to write on., November 28, 2013
ordering the 2014 during this buying session. first I really like that it is not glossy, I write appointments and reminders and always found glossy calendars to be annoying. the other great thing is they have several months (only one in the past) on the bottom so I don' t need to flip around if I'm just deciding if a date is good or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and easy to see from my desk., November 14, 2013
It's easy to keep track of appointments with this calendar and lots of space to write in. Thanks so very much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain and you can plot out your life as the need arrives...This is a bargain, November 10, 2013
Great for use of everyday life
This calendar allows you to plot out your day to day obligations and not rely on your memory.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad packaging, August 31, 2013
Matt Bethe (Euless, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I love these calendars. I ordered 3 of them, but they all came to me horribly bent in the delivery process. They either need to be packaged in a box or in an envelope with a huge sticker that says DO NOT BEND. It's very annoying to hang this on the wall and it all be bent and curling instead of flat against the wall. I would suggest you buy it in a store.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, July 26, 2013
i use it everyday and it helps me rember all of my appointments and and keeps me on time and on schedule.