BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more Professional restaurant supplies

on September 28, 2009
I did alot of research before purchasing the CL82209. Attractive looking. I like being able to listen to messages with handsets rather than going to the base unit. Load phone numbers in one handset and it updates the other. Lighted keypad is nice. Sound is good. Handsets have good range. Battery life is very good so far. Have had phone for a couple months now. If you want to nitpic, would like more control over number of rings before answering machine picks up. Overall I am very pleased with this phone. I am really bad for researching things to death before purchasing. I will recommend this phone to friends.
on May 19, 2009
I got these phones yesterday and I just have to say I love them!
My old phone quit charging and I had to start looking for a new one.
I first thought about getting Panasonic ones but after I read some reviews, I found out they didn't have some features that I wanted.
So I decided to go with AT & T. I am so glad I did.
These phones have everything you can imagine and then some.
They are so easy to use. I can take them anywhere in the house.
They don't need to be charged all the time.
Intercom is one of many great features these phone offer.
The price was very reasonable and I am very happy with them.
on August 3, 2009
Purchased this phone after seeing a good rating from Consumer Reports. Pleased so far with it's performance. My only complaint: the buttons could have a nicer feel. They seem thin and cheap. I wouldn't go with the silvering next time.
on September 7, 2009
I bought these phones after doing quite a bit of research on other sites. These phones were highly recommended, so I decided to give them a try (I had previously bought two Panasonic phones which I had to return because there was a lot of static on the line, and they interfered with the wireless router). I just received these phones and have already received an international call. The reception was crystal clear athough I moved to different locations of the house. These phones were extremely easy to set up, and the features are great. I like that it blinks when I have a voicemail - I always used to forget to check my messages.
on January 3, 2010
We've been using the phones for a few days and so far we love them.
They have, by far, the best sound quality of any cordless phones we've had (we've gone through 3 or 4 sets in the last 10 years).
The sound is crisp in local, long distance, and international long distance calls. We can hear clearly, and the person on the other end can too.
The sound is also very clear when using speaker phone.
The features are intuitive and easy to use and set up.
You only need to enter settings and numbers in one of the phones, and the other second one automatically synchs in.
Unlike other phone sets, you have to set the answering machine using the phone. This doesn't bother us, but it is worth noting as something different.
Regarding a question someone had: yes, you can check your messages using the phone itself (no need to do it from the answering machine).
The buttons are large.
No "antenna like" protrusions that tend to break when phones fall.
Very good value for the money.
The final challenge will be to see how much the buttons and battery last.
on July 15, 2009
We really like these phones. They're inexpensive, they're easy to set up, they take up very little space, they work just fine, and they automatically sync to one another, which saves a lot of effort.
on July 13, 2009
Good basic phone.
Pros:
* Excellent sound quality
* Features it has work the way they should and are easy to use
* Large buttons
* Easily and cheaply expandable

Cons:
* Very limited feature set - missing basic features such as speed dial
* Realistic range is far less than advertised - more like 50 feet across two floors. It may be possible to get longer range, for example if you live in a single story house with no walls.

This phone is a good value for the price although it is missing some basic features. The base is compatible with other DECT phones in the AT&T line, so at some point I may add a handset with more features.
on June 8, 2012
I purchased this phone several months ago. It works fine, but the major issue for me is the lack of battery backup at the base. Everytime there is a power glitch, the clock gets wiped out and you have to re-enter the date and time, before you can use the phone again. Living in Florida, everytime there is a storm, we get power glitches/failures. This is the first time I see a cordless phone without battery backup. That is a terrible oversight. I will make sure my next phone has this feature.
on January 9, 2013
I got this for my Aunt for Christmas who was in desperate need of a new phone. So far she seems to like it. First thing she told me she liked about it was that it was so clear. She also loves the speaker-phone and from what I've heard it's pretty darn clear as well. The digital answering machine will also help her save money on her phone bill-she no longer has to pay for voicemail. The extra handset is extremely convenient and has a very small footprint so it fits on her always crowded nightstand. Her old phone would no longer hold a charge and didn't even have a speaker-phone feature (much less an extra handset) so was in desperate need of a new phone. I would happily recommend the AT&T CL82209 to anyone looking for a more modern (& expandable) landline phone system.
on June 4, 2012
I just got the phone from amazon and installed it, so I can't say how it will hold up. It was recommended to me by an amazon reviewer who had had a bad experience with another brand. I like it so far, and I'm happy with the cordless headset (TL600), an additional expense, which has a choice of three attachments to connect it to your ear -the headset is pricey, but worth it.
Biggest drawback so far is the fact that it is not possible to transfer my phone number auto-dial entries from my old AT&T cordless phone to this one, which is why I am giving it only 3 stars. It has to be done manually, meaning one entry at a time! I wish the description had mentioned this missing feature. I ordered a Panasonic system, which I returned, before I bought this one, and it easily transferred my entire list of phone numbers, though it had other features I didn't like. I like this phone and headset combo, so I will reluctantly sit down and plug in the phone numbers one by one!