5.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, but very good.
Published on December 23, 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT the ATT 210 phone I am used to
I have two other ATT 210 Trimline phones. I like them a lot. I like the lighted buttons in the handle and the solid construction with the heavy base.

Published on October 18, 2008 by a_friend_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, but very good., December 23, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)
Okay, so you've got your four-line, 2.4GHz Digital Spread Spectrum cordless phone with 100-number memory and built-in answering machine. And then the power goes out. Or you loose the handset in the couch cushions. Or you forget to charge it. Or you can't even figure out how to turn the darned thing ON. That's what the Trimline is for. It's a cheap, reliable, easy backup phone. The adjustable volume makes this thing really loud, and the backlit keypad is a feature somehow missing in my expensive cordless. And I like having a phone that's tethered, so I always know where to go when it rings. The memory works, but I don't think the people who buy a phone like this will use it much (I have only one number in mine, plus the emergency numbers.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little phone in its simplicity!, November 2, 2003
Martha Moore (Johnson City, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)
The box says the AT&T 210 Trimline is the best selling phone of all time, and I can see why. It's reliable and doesn't have a bunch of complicated instructions and programming to follow. It has good clear sound, and the handset has adjustable volume, which makes it good for the hearing impaired. Cordless phones seems to be gaining in popularity, but everyone needs at least one corded phone in their house for in case of a power failure. This simple, inexpensive little phone is an excellent choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars a pretty good phone for the price, December 5, 2007
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)
I recently bought this phone for my father who likes his phones simple and easy to use. This telephone by AT&T works better than other, much fancier phones, including two expensive cordless phones with extra handsets, when I had to get a new phone for my new home. The construction of this telephone reflects great engineering; and it's very, very reliable for a price that's very inexpensive these days for a phone. Yes, it is corded; but when all you really need is a basic phone this really does the job.

The phone has back lit buttons which are desirable for those of us who are elderly or in any way sight impaired. The buttons could be brighter but the back lighting does improve upon no lighting. The phone offers well known features including "last number redial," and allows you to set the phone up with your telephone company so that you can use this phone with features like call waiting and three way calling. The phone has a mute feature, adjustable ringer volume and more. These functions never disappoint me. It also has a small knob that lets you switch between touch tone and pulse (rotary) dialing. I use touch tone dialing as most people do. I am particularly impressed that a phone in this price range even has a twelve number memory feature for speed dialing. Cool!

If you want to take a nap without the phone ringing, just turn the ringer off by using the knob at the base of the phone.

I highly recommend this telephone for people who need a basic phone at a cheap price that still has a few "frills" to like including memory speed dialing and call waiting. The extra features give you all you truly need to make this a well constructed telephone at a ridiculously inexpensive price. Sure, the back lighting for the buttons on the phone could be brighter; but overall this is still quite a good phone for the price. The phone takes up little space and it can even be wall mounted to completely save counter space in a kitchen or any other room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, practical, and flawless design, December 9, 2000
abby schrader (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
There are no bells and whistles here---just a solid, reliable, phone that will always work when you need it to. No batteries run out, no annoying buzz in the background, no phones lost in the bed, under the couch, etc. Just a great phone. I've been using mine for five years and prefer it to my cordless by far. The only problem with this model is 1. the cord that connects the receiver to the part you speak into is way too short (buy a 25 foot cord to replace it) and 2. the 25 foot replacement cord always gets tangled up. But this isn't really a big deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little corded phone!, July 10, 2002
Martha Moore (Johnson City, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This is a magnificent little phone for the price. The sound is crystal clear. This phone is simply made and doesn't have a lot of complicated features that can make it difficult to use or tear up. This is just a standard old reliable phone. I also like the classic design. Everyone needs at least one corded phone because cordless phones do not work during a power failure. This AT&T 210 is an excellent choice for a corded phone. The lighted keypad is also a plus. I keep this phone in my bedroom, and it's so handy for waking up in the night and needing to make a call. I would definitely recommend this phone for any household.

5.0 out of 5 stars great basic phone, November 6, 2005
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)
I had no trouble programming long-distance numbers, and even my calling card number, into the phone (yes, the calling card number required two of the pre-sets, one for the phone number and one for the PIN, with a manual pause in between).

When I made an error during the programming phase, I had the same experience as the person who couldn't get it to program. The key is to press (1) program/mute (2) memory (3) the preset assignment (4) the telephone number (5) program/mute.

My intuition kept trying to override and press program/mute or memory in between the preset assignment and the telephone number, which caused the phone to both dial, and then not have retained the programming.

Hopefully if the person with the programming trouble tries once more, it will work.

My ONLY complaint about the phone is that I can't turn the volume quieter than the "normal" setting, the opposite of the phone it's replacing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solid phone with good sound..., September 4, 2005
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)
... and it feels sturdy and dependable. It has all the features I need -- quick dial, redial, lighted keys, tone-or-pulse control, volume-control for the incoming sound, ringer-on-or-off control, three different distinctive rings... and in fact I intend to buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine as a wall-mounted phone, March 21, 2008
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)
I bought this specifically to wall mount it in a confined space. You must adjust the plastic thing-y that holds the handset onto the base when mounted vertically so it doesn't fall off the hook. The instruction manual tells you:
"To install the telephone on a wall jack, you must
reverse a small tab beneath the directory card. This
tab holds the handset in place when you hang up."
Voila!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Basic But Super Clear Phone, January 9, 2006
Margel Bonifacio (Moscow, ID United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)
When my cordless phone broke after 3 years of continuous use, I starting searching using google and amazon to find the most reliable and clearest phone. It is difficult to decide because the reviews are conflicting.

Finally, I chose AT&T 210 Trimline because it is cheap and still works even without electricity. I'm glad that I ordered it because the sound is so clear, much clearer than my previous cordless phone.

This phone is also very basic and this means there are no complicated instructions to follow. A few numbers can be programmed using this unit.

And since I'm not at home all the time, I decided to buy an answering machine, also from AT&T (model 1722) which works by the way, perfectly despite of the negative reviews.

Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT the ATT 210 phone I am used to, October 18, 2008
This review is from: AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset (Office Product)

This newer version is very poor in comparison. Only some of the buttons are actually lighted and the lighting is very dim on those that are. Its feels too lightweight, especially the base. The construction quality seems very poor.

I wish I could buy the same phone built in the same way as my older ones.

AT&T 210 Corded Phone, Black, 1 Handset