5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Basic Phone with EXTRAS
This phone is a basic flip phone. However, it has a large dial keypad with predictive texting, a camera, games, an alarm, as well as other extras. I have found the battery life to be great, and the compact size allows me to carry it in my pocket. I recommend this phone for anyone who wants a reliable yet basic phone.
Published on February 4, 2012 by JB

1.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Recommend
Published on January 27, 2012 by T. Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Recommend, January 27, 2012
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is the worst phone I have ever had. I wrote a review about this phone on AT&T's website and they rejected it. This phone will not sync up to your computer. I bought the mini-memory chip that a phone represenative suggested and it still would not sync with my computer. The only way that you can change ringtones, themes, and etc. with this phone is by downloading them via internet. This will, of course, incur data usage. Also, since you are unable to sync this with your computer what is the purpose of taking photos with it. Don't waste your money buying this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Basic Phone with EXTRAS, February 4, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars NO NO NO NO pc connection, August 11, 2012
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Pictures you take on this phone are not downloadable to your PC. The USB cable will charge the phone, but no data transfer. The phone has a setting for PC connect, but it does NOT NOT work. You may be able to buy and install memory and then physically take out the memory and read it, I have not tried that yet. NO NO NO NO NO PC connection and NO NO NO NO NO download of pictures to pc. You are now informed.

3.0 out of 5 stars battery not a problem, February 16, 2012
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
We have 2 of these phones. One was always low on battery within 2 days. Then we realized when at work for an 8 hour day there was no cell service in the building so the phone was constantly searching for a signal, hence low battery. Just shutting off the phone while at inside the building and the battery has normal life.
Large buttons & screen make this phone easy for seniors. Phone menu seems overly complicated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking phone. Zero battery life., January 9, 2012
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This could have been a great phone, but the battery is worthless......

I upgraded to this phone because it has a large visable display and oversized buttons. I thought this would be the ideal phone for me since I average only about six calls and maybe a couple of text messages per week.

The battery life is NON-EXISTANT.

Battery goes dead in less than 6 hours. This is with zero calls or texting. Phone is advertised for 200 hours of "on" time if phone is not being used. AT&T sent me a new charger and battery and the phone is still virtually useless.

I've been either to the AT&T store and have called them almost 20 times. There is a $.99 fix (for AT&T, astronomical for me), but since I got this "new" upgrade, I don't qualify. Hummmm, $.99 vs a 30+ year customer?

In accordance with their instructions, I charged the phone with the phone "off" for eight hours. All subsequent charings are with the phone "off" for two hours. Can't leave it on overnight, because it will beep when the battery runs down.

I cannot believe that they advertise 180 minutes of talk time and 8 days of standby time. I get about 15 minutes of talk time and less than 6 hours of standby time.

This phone looks nice, but its battery performance is zilch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, January 21, 2012
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Reviewed all sorts of stats, looked like a winner for a basic telephone. We did not want a data package so no smart phone was in the picture. "Upgraded" because we thought, new phone, better battery life, more mega pixels on the camera, still a flip design,
"free" upgrade what could be better. Well this truly was a bad move, we ordered 2.

THE BAD
1. Battery life was no better, if not worse, than over 2 year old Nokias.
2. I have not been able to shoot a good picture yet with this thing.
3. Answering when you open the phone was NOT the default setting, but we worked through that resetting.
4. THE WORST THING-YOU WANT TO MAKE A CALL, FLIP OPEN THE PHONE AND PRESS THE CENTER NAVIGATION BUTTON-RIGHT. WRONG ON THIS PHONE WHEN YOU DO THAT YOU GET THE APPS BUTTON. THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST A NUISANCE. EXITED THE APPS AND PRESSED THE RIGHT UPPER BUTTON FOR THE MENU, WENT TO THE PHONE BOOK MADE THE CALL OK.
5. THE NEXT DEVELOPMENT -GOT THE ATT BILL WE HAD DATA CHARGES. WE DO NOT GO TO THE INTERNET ON OUR PHONES. CALLED ATT -EVERY TIME WE HIT THE THE WRONG BUTTON AND WENT TO APPS WE WE CHARGED WITH USING THE DATA MEGABYTES.
6. On top of all that, even though we ordered this "Free" phone, changed out the SIM cards ourselves, with ZERO ATT involvement we were charge the activation fee. I know that is what is started to happen, but it is ridiculous of ATT to charge the long time customers. I digress, sorry had to get it off my chest. Now we are STUCK for another 2 years, ARGH!

THE GOOD:Call quality is ok, the Nokias we had had gotten to the point that we were getting "no signal" when we reside 2.5 miles from the nearest cell tower.

Bottom Line: ATT WANTS you to have this phone, so they can make money from people doing the same thing they have done for years, if they are flip phone users. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone ever!, December 6, 2012
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is the worst phone I have ever used. It is like using a 10-year old computer laden down with spyware--it is so slow. Every push of a button requires waiting for about 1-2 seconds for the phone to respond. Anybody with a smartphone will send you 10 messages for every message you send back. Try texting with this and you will be pulling your hair out. Don't buy this phone. I paid about $10 for it after mail-in-rebates, and if I was to do it again, I wouldn't use it even if they paid me $100. The voice quality is also very poor. I had to exchange mine as soon as I got it, the next one wasn't much better. No one can understand my voice over the phone unless I hold the phone in exactly the right spot. Even then the quality is very poor. One star only because I can't go lower. It should get minus five stars. I finally upgraded to the iPhone 4S. I'm taking this one to the shooting range tomorrow to put a .357 hole right thru it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting AT&T Z331 photos into your computer, November 20, 2012
Tom (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Read the reviews on the ATT Z331. Some criticism about not being able to get the pictures taken from the phone into a PC. It's very simple. Just email the picture to yourself. To do this, after you push "send", push the pound key and this will enable you to change from numbers to letters. From there just type in your email address. Simple.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but some compromises, July 30, 2012
Aaron D. Chacon "goes_m" (San Jose, California United States) - See all my reviews
Pluses:
Large numbers in the display, larger keys, camera works OK, can add memory using flash cards, can transfer photos using bluetooth, can connect to a speaker phone using bluetooth (but functions maybe limited by what the phone can do).

Minuses:
Cannot see the display in sunlight, this makes the camera not terribly useful - cannot point it in sunlight and (with no flash) cannot use it in the dark. Need a well lit interior. I continually push the buttons on the side (ring volume and the camera "on") when I try to pull the phone out of its case. Battery life could be longer, I'd guess that you have about 1-2 hours of call time before things would start to fade. No voice activated functions (some car speakerphones use voice activated features to control the phone).

Would I buy this one again? As a basic phone it is good. Most of the non-phone stuff I don't care much about and if you don't either than you might be happy. But not being able to see what numbers you've pressed because the display washes out in sunlight and been real frustrating since I like the out doors. I don't hate that enough to dump the phone, but if I had known, I would have continued looking. But it depends on how you'd use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars It won't allow features that I paid for!, July 23, 2013
This review is from: AT&T Z331 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is worthless! What a piece of junk. It does not support any features that I need. They're normal features! Whats going on?