Get a cutting-edge smartphone that runs on AT&T's ultra-fast 4G network at an exceptional value with the AT&T Impulse 4G, which offers the power of the Android 2.2 operating system and a brightly colorful 3.8-inch touchscreen display. The Impulse makes it possible to surf the web, watch videos, check e-mails and stay engaged with social media from a phone at an affordable price.
The affordable Android-powered Impulse 4G from AT&T (view larger).
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G connectivity
- Android 2.2 OS
- 800 MHz processor
- 3.8-inch touchscreen
- 2 GB microSD card
- 5-MP camera + HD 720p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
And with AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below).
Sporting a 5-megapixel camera, the Impulse 4G can also capture HD 720p videos. Other features include super-speedy Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (with free to AT&T Hotspots across the United States), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (with included 4 GB microSD card), access to both personal and corporate e-mail, GPS for navigation using Google Maps or the optional AT&T Navigator service, and up to 4 hours of talk time.
The AT&T Impulse 4G weighs 4.41 ounces and measures 4.7 x 2.5 x 0.46 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 240 hours (10 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 4G network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
AT&T Impulse 4G handset, rechargeable battery, USB charger, USB cable, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide
Android Operating System
The Impulse 4G runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Impulse 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Impulse 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Optional AT&T Services
AT&T Navigator: This premium GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. You'll be able to find the closes ATM, restaurant, gas station, Wi-Fi hotspot and more with over 10 million business listings.
AT&T FamilyMap: Locate any phone indoors or outdoors on the AT&T Network. FamilyMap provides peace of mind by being able to conveniently locate a family member from your wireless phone or PC and know that your family's information is secure and private. Want to verify that your child arrives home from school each day? Set up a Schedule Check to automatically get location information sent to you via text message or email.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services
- Android 2.2 OS (Froyo)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- 800 MHz Scorpion single-core processor (Qualcomm MSM 7230) capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- Powerful Adreno 205 graphics processor for crisp colors and silky-smooth 3D gaming graphics.
- 3.8-inch multi-touch display (480 x 800 pixels, 262K colors) with accelerometer plus proximity sensor.
- MicroUSB port
- Removable battery
- Rear 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, auto-focus, and geo-tagging capabilities.
- HD video recording capabilities (HD 720p quality)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 512 MB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 2 GB included microSD card
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing aid compatibility: M3, T3
- TTY compatible
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.