Published on March 31, 2012 by David A. Hall

The phone is terrible for a office that has a main receptionist. The issue is when the phone is in autoattendant mode, you have to hit *# to get to the recptionist which is fine. Once you hit that, the phone rings 5 times (which feels like forever) and then goes into a main menu selection, not a mailbox. There is no mailbox for a main receptionist/user.

There...
Published on September 5, 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone system for a small business, with a couple of quirks, March 31, 2012
David A. Hall "David Hall" (Infinity Dental Web, Mesa, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AT&T SynJ SB67158 dect_6.0 1-Handset 4-Line Landline Telephone (Office Product)
This is the base unit of the phone system. You need one of these base units, and then can add up to ten extensions. There are desk extensions AT&T SynJ SB67148 Dect_6.0 Handset 4-Line Landline Telephone and cordless AT&T SB67108 Cordless Phone Accessory Handset, Black/Silver, 1 Accessory Handset extensions. We bought the base, one cordless handset, and four desk phones. (You can see additional reviews of the system by looking at different versions of the product listings)

It is not clear enough in the product description that you do not need any telephone lines in the wall with this system, just an electric outlet for each phone. They communicate wirelessly with each other. This cuts down the installation cost significantly.

The system performs a variety of functions that are helpful for a small business. Each phone has its individual mailbox. You can have a receptionist answer, or when he or she is not there, you can switch to the "auto attendant" that will direct callers to a company directory and they can select the employee they want to speak with or leave a voice mail. It accepts four outside lines, and you can even select which outside lines you want the auto attendant to answer and which you will answer manually. You can program it with music on hold. The base will hold a 2-minute recording (which is of mediocre audio quality), or you can plug in an external music source. You can set this phone to call your cell phone when you have a message waiting, which is a nifty feature if you happen to be on the road, and can impress clients. You can program in 12 one-touch speed-dial numbers into each extension, and also access a much more extensive directory (I think around 100 numbers) that you can program into the electronic memory, and then you can scroll through this directory. For this base unit, because of the number of other buttons required for its operation, the one-touch speed-dial buttons are all dedicated to ringing extensions. There is an intercom that does not tie up any outside lines. There is also a cut-off protection feature. If you switch between lines and forget to press "hold," it puts the caller on hold automatically, which is helpful but sometimes annoying, because if you pick up the phone first and then select the line button, you have put the other line on hold.

Audio quality is excellent.

The manual is a little confusing at times, but adequate, and none of my employees had serious difficulty figuring out the instructions. Once you learn the features and what they are called, the menus to access them become intuitive.

There are a couple of annoying quirks. For example, there is no way to transfer an incoming call into someone's voice mail. If you transfer the call and the person is not at their desk, it just rings and rings. If you know the person is not available to take the call, you can't direct the call to the voice mail. The best you can do is direct them to the auto attendant and the caller then has to select Also, if you have auto attendant turned on and there is an incoming call, none of the phones will display a caller ID until the caller makes a menu selection, and then only the phone the caller selects will display the ID. I may end up with the call, but then I have no access to the caller ID unless I walk over to the phone that it was first directed to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible for an office that has a receptionist or a medical office, September 5, 2012

There is another mode, general message mode, in which every phone in the office ring for every call. In this mode, there is a general mailbox, but if you don't want every phone in every office to ring at the same time, this won't work either.

Also, do not use it for medical offices because you can only listen to voice mails on speaker phone. You can not pick up the phone and listen to voicemails, which can be a privacy issue.

2.0 out of 5 stars This phone system is NOT for office use., July 28, 2012
I ordered this 4 line wireless phone system to replace a like system from Panasonic that I have been using for 8 years.
I had no issues with the Panasonic it was just getting old & time to upgrade so I thought.
This unit from AT&T set up just as easy and and looks great but it is not an upgrade. This system does not work well in an office environment. It just does not seem to sync up well with its extension units. Switching between lines there is a lag, and the lines seem to get hung-up.The line indicator lights will stay on even if no one is on the line. After trying to work with this system for a week we had to pack it up and return it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a "small" small business, October 5, 2012
We have had this system for a few years and have had no problems. Installation was simple. We use 3 auto hunt lines and have 3 wireless phones connected that have been durable. We don't use the auto attendant feature so I can not comment on that. The on hold music is lame, but that can be replaced. Overall I am very pleased for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, except hold music and ring tones, October 4, 2012
We purchased this base + 4 wireless handsets. We have 2 land-lines connected to it and two VOIP lines connected to it (Ooma). We have been using them for 3 months without any problems. What we like is the good voice clarity, exceptional wireless range (about 400ft), durability (dropped wireless handsets many times), and price. What we don't like is the hold music, it is one song that sounds like an old black and white horror movie and the hold music is too loud. We want to connect and iPod or computer to the phone for our own hold music, but can not because we are using a headset on the corded base phone and there is only one sound jack. Second downside is the ring tones. There are only about 6 and and they almost all sound the same, so trying to distinguish between the 4 lines is almost impossible. But we just look at the tiny blinking line indicator in the LCD screen to see which line is ringing. Overall, I would recommended it to other small businesses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Serves It's Purpose with a few Hitches, April 30, 2013
Info Systems Co (Fort Collins, CO) - See all my reviews
They serve their purpose and fulfill the need for me to expand to 3 or 4 lines in the future. I knocked off one star because you can only use the AT&T cordless headset with the base receiver. All of the subsidiary receivers must use a wired headset. That's poor engineering and poor product development in my opinion.

Also I did receive one that has problems with the buttons, which I am returning right now. So that is the second star I removed. Overall, 3 stars is a fair rating of AVERAGE, this is a functional wireless business phone system for up to 4 lines. However, it is some functionality is lacking and I have had quality control issues with the hardware itself on one device.

1.0 out of 5 stars These phones are terrible for my use!, June 10, 2014
Sarah Shaw (Carlisle, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these to use for my very busy restaurant and they're horrid. So cheap! All you can hear is the background sound on the handsets, I cannot hear my customers at all. The buttons are sticky and are terrible. I constantly have to hang up and redial. So much time wasted with this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so happy I bought it, April 3, 2014
We had for 10 years a Panasonic phone similar. A base and 4 extensions, we have 3 phone lines. It finally died. We bought an RCA phone from another vendor, a base and 4 extensions. You won't believe, if ONE person picked up a phone call NO ONE could use any other liens or phones. Stupid. So I returned it and looked here on Amazon.

There are some reviews here that the portable handsets didn't last long and made me wary to buy it. But we went to every office supply store and computer store in Atlanta and no one sells a phone that will work with 3 or more liens. So we took our chances on the AT&T setup.

We are very happy.

We work from home, a 3 store condo With the double antenna the other wireless handset works great 2 more floors down.

Setup was a breeze. Registering each hand set to the base took 45 seconds per phone. 2 people can be on the same line with someone else, that wasn't possible with our old Panasonic.

Intercom is easy, everything.

We did not setup voice mail, our phone company supplies it for us.

The only CON (small thing) is a feature. if you pick up line 1 and think "I should really be on line 2" and you just push line 2, you expect line one to hang up. It doesn't, it puts line 1 on hold. So 2 lines are "in use" easy to learn. if you pick up line 1 and want instead to make a call on line 2, hang up the phone and push "2" and go from there. The reasoning is this. if you're on line one talking and someone calls on line 2 you don't have to click HOLD. Pushing line 2 automatically places line 1 on hold.

So we are hoping the phones last well, they seem solid enough.

We highly recommend this phone. By the way for the base and 4 handsets we spent about $575 and other places on the internet had "similar" at&t phones for 50% to double that. Thanks Amazon.

we are prime members. We ORDERED this phone system on SATURDAY and Amazon has carriers who pick up on Saturday and Sunday at their facility. We got the phone on Monday. Phew. Great service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control, not worth it, September 8, 2014
The handsets are fine. The base unit is awful.

Several of the keys on the first base unit I received did not work, and the sound from the answering machine was terrible. I returned the base unit and received a replacement quickly.

The keys on the second unit worked, although the sound on the number keypad was intermittent. Recordings on the answering machine sounded OK, but the answering machine randomly dropped calls. Sometimes it dropped them in mid sentence, sometimes they were dropped as soon as the caller connected. Once in a while the machine recorded the caller's message.

To add insult to injury, the calls dropped as soon as the caller connected were so short they were practically impossible to even erase.

Counting the extra handsets and the cordless headset I purchased along with the base unit, I wasted over $700 on this system. I could have lived with the sound problem with the number keys, but not the problems with the answering machine. After several embarrassing calls with clients I finally dumped the system. The replacement I bought from a different company is working fine.

No, I would NOT recommend this to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great unit as part of a bundle..., August 24, 2013
Simple, sleek and very good quality. Perfect for my business... Recommend for small business with 4 lines or less. Purchased as part of a kit and with the AT&T SB67108 Cordless Phone Accessory Handset and AT&T SynJ SB67158 Base

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›