AT&T SynJ SB67158 DECT 6.0 4-Line Corded/Cordless Small Business Phone System with Answering System
Style: Cordless Phone SystemChange
Price:$255.95 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on April 1, 2012
This is the base unit of the phone system. You need one of these base units, and then can add up to ten extensions. There are desk extensions AT&T SynJ SB67148 Dect_6.0 Handset 4-Line Landline Telephone and cordless AT&T SB67108 Cordless Phone Accessory Handset, Black/Silver, 1 Accessory Handset extensions. We bought the base, one cordless handset, and four desk phones. (You can see additional reviews of the system by looking at different versions of the product listings)

It is not clear enough in the product description that you do not need any telephone lines in the wall with this system, just an electric outlet for each phone. They communicate wirelessly with each other. This cuts down the installation cost significantly.

The system performs a variety of functions that are helpful for a small business. Each phone has its individual mailbox. You can have a receptionist answer, or when he or she is not there, you can switch to the "auto attendant" that will direct callers to a company directory and they can select the employee they want to speak with or leave a voice mail. It accepts four outside lines, and you can even select which outside lines you want the auto attendant to answer and which you will answer manually. You can program it with music on hold. The base will hold a 2-minute recording (which is of mediocre audio quality), or you can plug in an external music source. You can set this phone to call your cell phone when you have a message waiting, which is a nifty feature if you happen to be on the road, and can impress clients. You can program in 12 one-touch speed-dial numbers into each extension, and also access a much more extensive directory (I think around 100 numbers) that you can program into the electronic memory, and then you can scroll through this directory. For this base unit, because of the number of other buttons required for its operation, the one-touch speed-dial buttons are all dedicated to ringing extensions. There is an intercom that does not tie up any outside lines. There is also a cut-off protection feature. If you switch between lines and forget to press "hold," it puts the caller on hold automatically, which is helpful but sometimes annoying, because if you pick up the phone first and then select the line button, you have put the other line on hold.

Audio quality is excellent.

The manual is a little confusing at times, but adequate, and none of my employees had serious difficulty figuring out the instructions. Once you learn the features and what they are called, the menus to access them become intuitive.

There are a couple of annoying quirks. For example, there is no way to transfer an incoming call into someone's voice mail. If you transfer the call and the person is not at their desk, it just rings and rings. If you know the person is not available to take the call, you can't direct the call to the voice mail. The best you can do is direct them to the auto attendant and the caller then has to select Also, if you have auto attendant turned on and there is an incoming call, none of the phones will display a caller ID until the caller makes a menu selection, and then only the phone the caller selects will display the ID. I may end up with the call, but then I have no access to the caller ID unless I walk over to the phone that it was first directed to.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 14, 2011
Since the information here is so sparse, allow me to make sure you don't make a mistake.

This is an extension for the SynJ systems, that is, it is just like an extension handset - it is NOT the base, which is needed to drive the system.

However, if you want to have some desks with a conventional wired telephone look and feel, these make fine extensions to your existing SynJ base station.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 1, 2012
As another reviewer noted - this phone is an expansion unit of a system, and needs the base unit AT&T SynJ SB67158 dect_6.0 1-Handset 4-Line Landline Telephone to operate. We bought the base, one cordless extension, and four of these desk extensions.

They perform a variety of functions that are helpful for a small business. Each phone has its individual mailbox. You can have a receptionist answer, or when he or she is not there, you can switch to the "auto attendant" that will direct callers to a company directory. You can program it with music on hold. The base will hold a 2-minute recording (which is of mediocre audio quality), or you can plug in an external music source. You can set this phone to call your cell phone when you have a message waiting, which is pretty nifty. You can program in 12 one-touch speed-dial numbers into the base, and also access a much more extensive directory (I think over 100 numbers) that you can program into the electronic memory, and then you can scroll through this directory.

The manual is a little confusing at times, but adequate, and none of my employees had serious difficulty figuring them out. Once you learn the features, the menus to access them become intuitive.

There are a couple of annoying quirks. For example, there is no way to transfer an incoming call into someone's voice mail. If you transfer the call and the person is not at their desk, it just rings and rings. If you know the person is not available to take the call, you can't direct the call to the voice mail. The best you can do is direct them to the auto attendant and the caller then has to select the recipient. Also, if you have auto attendant turned on and there is an incoming call, none of the phones will display a caller ID until the caller makes a menu selection, and then only the phone the caller selects will display the ID. I may end up with the call, but then, if I wasn't the one originally selected, I have no access to the caller ID unless I walk over to the phone that it was first directed to.
on September 12, 2010
I bought this to install a wireless phone system for a VERY large concrete house. I bought two of them and can service the whole house. I have the Base station on one end then a repeater in the middle of the house and a repeater at the opposite end of the base.
Programming was a breeze. Beware if you want to re-assign the number assignments of the Handsets you will have to re-connect the Extenders as well.
Only very minor negative is the cord cabling in the bottom presumes that it will be wall mounted (comes out the front), so when I placed it on a desk it is backwards. Could have easily been designed to have cord come out back/top.
Love the whole system. Versatility and call quality are the two best attributes.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 5, 2012
The phone is terrible for a office that has a main receptionist. The issue is when the phone is in autoattendant mode, you have to hit *# to get to the recptionist which is fine. Once you hit that, the phone rings 5 times (which feels like forever) and then goes into a main menu selection, not a mailbox. There is no mailbox for a main receptionist/user.

There is another mode, general message mode, in which every phone in the office ring for every call. In this mode, there is a general mailbox, but if you don't want every phone in every office to ring at the same time, this won't work either.

Also, do not use it for medical offices because you can only listen to voice mails on speaker phone. You can not pick up the phone and listen to voicemails, which can be a privacy issue.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 4, 2013
This repeater is for a few specific four-line AT&T business phones. That wasn't readily apparent to me when I ordered it. Happy for Amazon's easy returns. This repeater will NOT work wtih the two-line "consumer" AT&T DECT phones. I'm giving it four stars because the design seems good. I really wish I could have used it. BTW - 110v adapter (not multi-voltage).
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I ordered this 4 line wireless phone system to replace a like system from Panasonic that I have been using for 8 years.
I had no issues with the Panasonic it was just getting old & time to upgrade so I thought.
This unit from AT&T set up just as easy and and looks great but it is not an upgrade. This system does not work well in an office environment. It just does not seem to sync up well with its extension units. Switching between lines there is a lag, and the lines seem to get hung-up.The line indicator lights will stay on even if no one is on the line. After trying to work with this system for a week we had to pack it up and return it.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 20, 2012
We were facing either a VOIP system ($3,000 or more) or this system. Some of the reviews are pretty rough but I've been quite happy with this system. We have 6 remote units, one base (utilizing all four lines) and a range extender. Everything was installed in under an hour and we haven't looked back since. The phones look nice, keypad lights up, and we actually think the ringtone sounds nice. Go figure.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 31, 2011
I bought this together with the DECT AT&T telephone to extend the range. I previously had a hugely expensive ugly and inconvenient EnGenius set. This is excellent, attractive and works perfectly in a very difficult area for reception. If you have reception problems this repeater works!
on October 5, 2012
We have had this system for a few years and have had no problems. Installation was simple. We use 3 auto hunt lines and have 3 wireless phones connected that have been durable. We don't use the auto attendant feature so I can not comment on that. The on hold music is lame, but that can be replaced. Overall I am very pleased for the price.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations