Providing enhanced mobile broadband performance to keep you connected with access to email, the Internet, and business applications while on the go, the easy-to-use AT&T USBConnect 881 plugs directly into the USB port and seamlessly connects to AT&T's 3G BroadbandConnect and EDGE networks. It offers plug-and-play capabilities and it's compatible with PCs running Windows (Vista, XP, 2000) and Mac (OS X 10.4 and later) operating systems. AT&T offers a variety of DataConnect rate plans, including both unlimited and capped plans.
The USBConnect 881 plugs directly into the USB port in your notebook and keeps you connected to email and the Internet via AT&T's 3G network.
The USBConnect 881 runs on AT&T's 3G High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) BroadbandConnect wireless network, which has upload speeds between 500 Kbps and 800 Kbps and enhanced download speeds ranging between 600 Kbps and 1,400 Kbps. The faster download speeds provide an optimal wireless Internet-browsing experience, and the faster upload speeds will enhance users' ability to send large files, such as e-mail with attachments, photos or business documents. AT&T is the first U.S. carrier to deploy enhanced upload speeds through High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) in its HSPA network. HSPA is the latest generation of mobile broadband technology based upon the global standard for wireless--GSM.
It works seamlessly across HSPA and EDGE/GPRS networks and provides customers with the ideal mix of coverage and performance whether they are traveling across town or across the country. Additionally, the USBConnect 881 can be used internationally in 139 countries, so it is an ideal choice for international travelers (DataConnect Global plans cover additional data usage in select roam zones in more than two dozen countries, including many European countries, India, China, South Korea and Japan).
- Data Speeds:
- UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850/1900/2100 MHz) with downlink speeds of 600 Kbpsâ"1.4 Mbps and uplink speeds of 500â"800 Kbps
- GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) with downlink speeds of 70â"135 Kbps and and uplink speeds of 60-80 Kbps
- Operating System
- Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, and 2000; automatic installation of AT&T Communication Manager software
- Apple Mac OS X (version 10.4 or later); free, downloadable Mac client
- Antenna: Built in antenna; Nano external antenna port
- USB 2.0: USB device that plugs directly into USB port and works across notebooks with PC Card or ExpressCard slots
- Dimensions: 3.7 x 1.5 x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 1.25 ounces