2nd Generation nightvision provides bright and sharp images.
The Spirit-2 Night Vision is rugged and compact.
Primarily used by law enforcement or for professional applications, 2nd Generation Nightvision provides a much brighter and sharper image than 1st Generation Nightvision can. This is primarily to the addition of a micro-channel plate, commonly referred to as a MCP, in the 2nd Generation system. The MCP works as an electron amplifier and is placed directly behind the photocathode. The MCP consists of millions of short parallel glass tubes. When the electrons pass through these short tubes, thousands more electrons are released. This extra process allows 2nd Generation units to amplify the light many more times than the 1st Generation counterpart for much greater image clarity.
- Magnification: 3x
- Lens System: F1.2, 50-millimeter
- Proshield Lens Coating
- Field of View: 18 degrees
- Range of Focus: 3 meters to infinity
- Diopter Adjustment: -5 to +5
- Single switch knob operation
- Automatic Brightness Control
- Bright Light Cut-off
- Infrared Illuminator
- Indicators: IR, low battery (both in Field of View)
- Power Supply: one 1.5-volt AA or one 3-volt CR123A type battery
- Battery Life: 30 hours overall; 15 hours with infrared illuminator
- Weather resistant construction
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 50 degrees Celsius
- Storage Temperature: -50 to 70 degrees Celsius
- Dimensions: 8.2 by 2.9 by 2.4 inches / 210 by 75 by 60 millimeters
- Weight: 1.4 pounds / 0.65 kilograms
2nd Generation Image Intensifier Tube:
- Multi - Alkali photocathode
- Resolution, lp/mm*: 40 to 45
- Signal to Noise Ratio*: 12 to 20
- Figure Of Merit: <1250
- Mean Time Before Failure: 5,000 hours
* Specifications are provided for informational purposes only. Actual values may vary.