Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 7, 2011
Had oil leaking from rear main seal in '03 Maxima and got 5 estimates to replace in the $700 to $950 price range. $42 part and the rest was labor. One mechanic suggested I try AT 205 first so I stopped by his shop and bought a bottle. I don't like using any engine additives but he said he used it in one of his high mileage personal cars with good results. Poured it in and over night the leak was gone. That was 3 weeks ago and no more oil spot in the driveway...
66 comments|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2011
My car has a lot of squeeking noise that irritates me and i don't want to bring it to the dealer or repair shop coz i can't afford their price. I google it and found it in youtube, [...], Scotty Kilmer said to spray ATP AT-205 Re-Seal on all rubber bushing, it rejuvenates the rubber...no more squeek....It works!!!
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2010
Petroleum distillate rubber conditioners will temporarily soften rubber seals, then turn them to mush over time. Not AT-205 Re-Seal! I've used this in two motorcycles (31 and 27 years old), as well as two cars (a 1996, and a 2003), over two years ago, as a preventative measure. No problems, no issues, other than it helped eliminate one oil leak. I originally found this product in an auto-parts store, for around $7 more than I paid here (minus S/H). Even with the postage fees, this came out to be $6 less, per bottle, ordering three at a time, than I would have paid buying it semi-locally (had to drive to a neighboring town, 40 miles away -- no one locally carries it).

This stuff is non-toxic, and it is NOT made from petroleum. I don't know what is made from, but I know it works, as described. I recently had an O-ring that was shrunken, and leaking oil, on one of my motorcycles (previous treatments didn't reach this part which is more external). I traced the leak to the proper O-ring, cleaned off the oil from it, and then I wetted it with AT-205, using a paper towel soaked with it. I waited 20 minutes, then I put the O-ring back in place, and secured the part into place. I ran the engine for 10 minutes, without any signs of a leak. I then let the motorcycle sit overnight, and 5+ days later: no leaks, it is completely dry, where before, I would find oil pooled beneath the side-stand, in my garage.

I am now using it in both motorcycles' crankcases, as well as both cars' crankcases, and both automatic transmissions. I don't have any leaks, but I want to keep it that way! I would recommend this product to anyone. It is safe, and it is effective. Cheers!
1010 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2011
I have been an automotive technician for over 47 years. I don't believe in "snake oils", but I DO BELIEVE IN AT205!!! I am a Master Certified Tech. I know what works and what doesn't. This product is amazing and may be the most underrated product on the market! I cannot guarantee it will fix every leak, if there is a hole in a gasket or seal, it cannot fix that. This is a seal conditioner. It softens and restores the pliability of the seal to a nearly new condition. One example: A 10 year old high mileage Astro van with a horrible rear main oil seal leak, one of the worst I have ever seen. The bottom of the chassis was coated with oil from the engine to the rear bumper. I don't think there was a dry spot in-between. I have to admit that I had little hope of even helping this vehicle, but it was worth a try. Certainly easier than pulling the transmission to replace the seal, very costly for a high mileage vehicle. We cleaned the bottom of the vehicle. I was totally astounded when, at the next oil change, we found the bottom of the chassis bone dry! It was unbelievable! He had been adding several quarts of oil between changes and afterwards I know it was next to nothing, if anything at all.

I have used AT205 on my own vehicles. To repair most rear main oil seal leaks today requires removal of an engine or transmission. I might have to add this product to 2-3 consecutive oil changes, but it has always substantially reduced or eliminated the leaks all together. 2-3 bottles of AT205 is a lot less expensive and a lot less work than the alternative. If the first bottle does not complete the job at hand, give it 1-2 more tries before giving up. If the seal only needs to be reconditioned, this product will definitely do it. Do your self another favor when doing the job, use only a good quality engine oil like Pennzoil. The additives in these products are worth a few pennies more. There is a lot of hype about different oils and everyone of them has their own claims. I have used Pennzoil exclusively for over 30 years and with doing nothing more than changing oil alone I have had several customers as well as myself reduce oil consumption and lower emissions on some of the higher mileage vehicles. And I never use the "high mileage" oil, just good quality Pennzoil.
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
I have a 1994 Hyundai Scoupe that I use for short trips around town and back and forth to work. My old friend sprung a leak from the rear main seal that was DRAINING oil at approximately a quart in 15-20 minutes with the car running. I took it to a garage and they wanted more money to fix it than the car is worth. The first day I used AT-205 and ran the car for an hour and a half the leak stopped. However, the next time I started the car to run it for a another hour or so the leaked returned so it appears that AT-205 was only a short term fix. The bottle says it takes 5 hours to seal a rear main leak so I may run it for another hour or two and see what happens. All in all, it's still worth $10 to try as long as you buy it with the understanding that it is not going to fix a completely damaged or crumbled seal. I may take another reviewers advice and try a second bottle since the leak did stop after the first bottle but later returned.

Update (12/31): I was on my way to bring my car to a garage for repairs. Before going I refilled my oil with the oil / AT-205 that leaked out the second time I started the car after adding AT-205. On my way there I decided to pull over and look for a leak. To my amazement, the once gushing leak from the rear main seal was reduced to a mere drop at a very, very slow rate. I noted one review said it took almost three weeks for their leak to completely stop so I'll continue to drive the car and update accordingly. At this point I would have to say the AT-205 actually works. My car's oil leak was about a quart every 15 minutes and as of today has been reduced to a mere drop every 10-15 minutes.

Update (1/1): The leak returned. The car is in the garage for a rear main seal replacement costing $400. Do I regret buying AT-205? No. While it seemed to work at first I don't think any gasket conditioner will completely repair a badly damaged gasket or seal. However, IMO it is worth taking a chance on AT-205 prior to spending hundreds of dollars on seal replacements. I do believe most (not all) of the reviews on Amazon are from real people who have actually used the product and based on the mostly positive review of AT-205 I would recommend at least taking a chance that it may work for you.
1515 comments|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2015
I have a 1997 Pontiac grand prix gtp with 40K miles in mint condition, the only problem was a pesky little oil leak. I started by changing both valve cover gaskets (very common problem on these cars) and that didn't help. I then tried to track down the source of the leak.
I checked all around the oil filter area, oil pressure sensor and anywhere else I could see that oil might leak from. Couldn't track it down
The oil seemed to be coming from somewhere around the power steering pump area (It definitely wasn't power steering pump fluid) but I couldn't pinpoint it. It wasn't a very bad leak maybe half a quart every oil change (3000 miles), but the problem was every time I parked the car it would leave one drop of oil on my bright asphalt driveway and it was becoming a real eyesore (see my picture).
Upon doing some research I came across this product and figured its only 10 bucks what have I got to loose, So I added it in during an oil change. After about 500 miles I noticed there was less and less fresh oil spots on the driveway and after about 1000 miles I stopped seeing them completely. I was shocked because I am a non-believer when it comes to stop leak products (mechanic of 15 years). I then checked under the car and noticed there was a lot less oil wetness around the bottom of the engine then there was before and what was left was probably residual oil leftover from when it did leak.
I understand how this product works it rejuvenates and expands shrunken and dried up seals, which in my case makes sense because the seals in my car are nearly 20 years old and have been in a dry hot climate their entire life (las vegas). The negative reviews on here are probably from people that have cracked or ripped seals which the only option is to replace with a new seal, also I don't think this product will work on paper based gaskets only seals and rubber gaskets.
In conclusion I am completely satisfied with this product and if you have an oil leak that is too costly or time consuming to repair, give this a shot!
review image
on November 7, 2010
I put the 8 ounces bottle into car engine and it helps. There is an acceptable itsy bitsy leak left. You can watch "Fixing Oil Seal Leaks Fast" video on YouTube by scottykilmer. You need 8 ounces for car engine or transmission usage, and 3 ounces for power steering. I am going to order more for power steering and transmission usage.
22 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2011
As stated by other reviewers, results CAN vary. I have used it in the power steering system of a 91 Sable with mixed results. Over time, the leak came back-but putting a little more treatment did slow/stop the leak. I have no problem putting more in in the future. The seals between the pump & plastic reservoir was the issue-even though it was replaced.
I have also used this in an old 79 Pinto engine. The leak did slow down & I was happy with the results.
Keep in mind that this product reconditions GOOD seals. If there is a nick or damage to the seal, it will not work. Also, if the shaft is grooved (seal running in groove) it will not work. Basically, if the seal is cracked, sorry...it should be replaced.
People have to realize that after two applications of this product, if the leak does not improve/stop, there is damage to the seal/sealing surface. A "fix in a bottle" will not work. It is not a cure all.

Good luck!
on July 25, 2010
My son, who is a mechanic, recommended this product to stop my leaking transmission. I would have paid over $100 to have the seal replaced but instead I paid about $10 for a can of AT 205 Reseal. This stuff is not easy to find in stores; I tried a few different auto parts stores and they never even heard of it. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a leaking seal on an engine or transmission. My son said he has used it to repair all types of seal leaks and it works every time. Now I just need to find a cleaning product that works just as well at removing oil stains from my driveway!
77 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2011
This product is truly amazing. I have used it to seal leak on the drive shaft in transmission, as well as rejuvenating the valve guide seals in the engine.
The engine stopped burning oil now.

I will recommend it to my friends.