Customer Discussions > Dark City (Director's Cut) forum

AUDIO COMMENTARIES

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2008 4:59:33 PM PDT
The original DVD had 2 commentaries, I believe. The director's cut has three. Does anyone know how many of the three are new commentaries and how many are repeats from the original? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 7:44:57 PM PDT
Mike Schmitt says:
I hope they have included the original commentary by Roger Ebert -- I wouldn't necessarily expect him to re-record it just for the director's cut (especially since he can't at the moment), but I feel it would be lame if they left it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2008 11:27:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2008 11:38:29 PM PDT
A. Berk says:
I can't speak for the DVD release, but having just gotten the Blu-Ray release, it seems to me that it the DVD includes the two original commentaries on the Theatrical Cut of the film, as well as three "expanded" commentaries included with the Director's Cut. This means that each of the commentaries have recycled material from the original commentary as well as new material. The new material on the Proyas and Ebert tracks were recorded specifically for the director's cut, whereas the writer's track is essentially the full version of their commentary that was originally edited into the Production Commentary track on the original DVD. All the commentaries have good stuff on them, though I will admit that the redundancy due to the recycled material gets a little hard to sit through if you're doing one track after another. Hope that helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2010 10:16:56 AM PDT
JohnJ313 says:
Actually, the Ebert and Proyas commentaries were recorded for the laserdisc release. Those are the same commentaries on the BD disc, so they are over 10 years old. However, some more recent comments have been edited in to them for the Director's Cut.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dark City (Vol 1)
Dark City (Vol 1) by Frank Lauria (Adapter) (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 1998)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (8)