Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AUVIO Bluetooth Portable Speaker 40-375
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on December 18, 2012
Just bought this speaker yesterday. Sounds almost as good as the original Jam Box. Not as compact as the Jam Box but that is not a problem for my purposes. I bought it locally when it was on sale for about a third of what the orginal Jam Box costs. I paired it with three different devices. It took two or three tries with two of my devices. Once paired it worked fine. I have not tried the speakerphone feature yet. It does not come with a USB charger, only the cable. You have to plug it into a computer or a USB charger you provide. I have several chargers lying around and plugged it in for a couple of hours to charge it up. The speaker is very light but feels pretty sturdy. The grill does not appear to flex at all. For the price and size it sounds pretty good. It will be great for hotel rooms or on my back patio. As with any speaker this size, it will not produce any real low frequency sounds. Auvio has a free app for Android. They warn it does not work with all Android devices but it worked fine with the two Android devices I tried. The app gives you usable equalizer settings and volume control. There are other buttons for skipping tracks but they did not work for me with the apps I was using to play music (Pandora, ES File Explorer media player). The biggest drawback of this speaker is the poor blutooth range. It barely reaches 10 feet. In fact, if I wrap my hand around my phone it loses connection. I have a bunch of blutooth devices and this one has the worst blutooth reception of them all. When I get some time I will probably open the case and see if I can't mod it to get more range. The lack of charger isn't a big deal and the mild difficulty pairing a device is only a minor nusance, but the range is a problem. Maybe it is only my unit, but if you are thinking of buying this unit, be aware.
on March 12, 2013
I just bought the speaker on sale for $49.99 from Radio Shack. It is my first Bluetooth speaker but I have owned many other small speakers so I know what to look for when it comes to sound. First of all I will say that the design of this thing is beautiful. I love the contoured wave pattern of the speaker grille. sometimes I just sit it on the table well I'm watching TV to look at the beautiful design it really looks great. is not as small as a jawbone jambox, nor does it put out a much bass, but at a quarter the cost, I think I can forgive that shortcoming. the volume of this thing is amazing. It can easily fill a room and even def in you a little bit is too close to your ears. Like I said the base is not mind blowing but the sound quality overall is very very good. I had no problem pairing it with my phone and tablet and also switching between the 2 rapidly. It does have touch button controls on top which also works great, in the speakerphone function works great as well. My calls ring through loud and clear and I had no problem hearing the person on the other end and they had no problem hearing me.Even at full retail price of 69.99$, this is still a great buy.I am using this speaker every time I use my tablet and most of the time when I'm using my smartphone. I'm using this speaker at work and so great to be able to keep my phone in my pocket and move the speaker around from room to room while I work, I'm a carpenter and I move around a lot and with this I can just talons it in my tool belt climb a ladder and throw it on the chimney. Auvio has a reputation of putting out midrange products at a reasonable price, but with this speaker I would say it is more in the high end category while retaining very reasonable price. I would easily purchase this speaker again if it broke. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a portable Bluetooth speaker as it is an amazing value and sounds and looks great. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for 2 reasons. The first reason is the base ok put is a little underwhelming. But like I said the overall sound quality is great so don't let that deter you. The second reason and maybe more important is Radio shacks return policy in customer care. Save your receipt and box if you purchased this unit. Also I recommend buying the protection plan because if something does go wrong Radio Shack is not that great at helping you.
on September 1, 2013
Love this speaker, for the cost you can't find a better sound. If you're looking for a more Robust base and overall sound, get the model Auvio model above this for about $100, it will rival the beats and anything else on the market.
on February 13, 2015
I got this yesterday at Radio Shack for $35!!!!! I couldn't believe it. The sound is unbelievable. Seriously, I read some other reviews talking about not a ton of base and BLAH blah blah. This little box is amazing and so portable and just sounds great. Not sure what others might have expected it to sound like. For even $150 this is a deal. Love love love it. I have an ear for good sound and am very pleased. Didn't even realized it was rechargeable until I unplugged to move to my laundry room while I was working and it didn't turn off and I was like get the hell out of here!! It's a great deal and fabulous at any price below $150. I'm in love with it. And it does look like a decoration sitting anywhere in your home. Enjoy!!!! I sure am. :)
on April 20, 2014
Speaker worked great twice. I did buy used so that's my fault the recharge cord was very loose the first I charged it and broke the second time it was plugged in after that it was trash. I believe a new product would be 5 stars.
on September 24, 2014
I actually received this before the scheduled date. I very impressed that arrive I'm was very excited and I love the color black detailing speaker from corner to corner. I also was very very impressed that I can adjust the volume on my phone and on the speaker for better quality. It sound like a big stereo that DJ use. Excellent experience. Like they say little thing come with big package. Magnificent job Auvio!!!
on May 15, 2013
This is my first bluetooth speaker and was skeptical (purchased at Radio Shack for 49.99 on sale) - but I absolutely love this little speaker. It syncs perfectly, sounds very nice for its size, and is very aesthetically pleasing as well. Haven't tested out the advertised battery life yet so I cannot speak for that. I didn't care for the free app and prefer to use the EQ built into the google play app. Very happy with this little guy.
on September 9, 2013
For $40 this speaker is a great deal! Connects easily to my devices (nexus7,gs4,razrM). Nice sound from this speaker. Not crazy amount of bass but enough for a small room or for time at the beach. Battery last around5 hrs with volume set at max.
on October 4, 2013
i got the audio speakers and it blew my mind. it is very reliable and the battery life is amazing
on January 18, 2014
honestly this works great its easy to use i wish it was a bit louder but its worth more than what you pay for it