4.0 out of 5 stars Good first part
I enjoyed the action and adventure parts of this story. I don't believe in writing a review unless I have actually read the entire selection. There is homosexuality, as previously mentioned, but it is treated in a fairly positive light and does not detract from the main plot or the actual loving
relationship between the main hero and heroine. What did bother me is...
Published on September 2, 2011 by JLS

3.0 out of 5 stars AVION - Book One of the Crystal Rose Chronicles
I enjoyed the story very much but the spelling and missing words is atrocious. I have found that many of the books I have read for my kindle to be this way. These ebooks need to be proofread before being put online.
Published 10 months ago by Beverly Mason

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first part, September 2, 2011
JLS (Southeastern KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AVION - Book One of the Crystal Rose Chronicles (Kindle Edition)
relationship between the main hero and heroine. What did bother me is the blatant rape scenes described, one happening in real-story time between a heterosexual couple and another happening as a flashback between two males. Generally if rape is part of a story it is mentioned briefly, not described in detail. I cannot believe this did not bother the other reviewers more than the homosexuality (which I don't have a problem with as long as it's consensual and the characters are at least close to being of-age). Nevertheless, the plot kept me interested and the pain associated with a rape was dealt with in a compassionate and phychollogically approriate way. Most of the writing was strong and errors-either typos or the wrong word substituted for a closely spelled one-did not detract from the reading at all until about a quarter of the way through and then only slightly to those familiar with those minor problems when doing writing of their own. The only thing that kept this from being a five for me was the easy way of dealing with the dark mage/demon and the once-in-a-while drag or delay I felt in the otherwise interesting plot momentum. Perhaps this treatment will be resolved in book II, which I have already decided to buy and read. I appreciated the free-read, especially the length, which can often be lacking in free books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot line that kept me reading, September 20, 2011
On the kindle edition, there are typos and misspellings, along with many sentences I might have worded differently. However, the plot line was good enough to keep me reading, and i'm interested enough in the characters to buy the second book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, but wasn't crazy about it, August 1, 2011
A Guy (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Avion was, for a free ebook, pretty good. Though the plot isn't particularly original, and there were some grammatical and spelling errors, the writing was alright, and it's unreasonable to expect a high degree of editing from a freebie. There was some element of the style that I wasn't a fan of, but I couldn't identify it well enough to actually complain about. Overall, a fair effort for a free release, though would only score 3/5 if it cost money.

3.0 out of 5 stars AVION - Book One of the Crystal Rose Chronicles, September 2, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars AVION, June 11, 2014
Great book, I enjoyed it so much, Ive already purchased the second book in the series. Book 3 will be next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, June 3, 2014
Found this book from the beginning to the end
Very intriguing, captive, fill with surprises
It made me dream of far away lands and the power of minds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising book, May 26, 2014
The things that happens in the book are happy and sad as soon as u figure out what happened to the main character in the past

4.0 out of 5 stars Cliffhanger, March 29, 2014
great read. can't wait to read the next one. wonder if true love and true blood will really triumphant over evil. totally enjoyed!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Rose, March 22, 2014
I liked this boook very much, I like to read books that are fantasys. There are to many troubles in our world it is good to adventure in another.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark Fantasy...enough of the Dark element to be intriguing..., January 23, 2014
I feel kind of cheated but the title clearly told me there was another book after this one :)

This was a High Fantasy book with snippets of the Dark genre intertwined. It wasn't much but it was enough to catch my eye and keep me interested.

I don't know what to say about this story...but, if you like Fantasy novels and you like a good twist or turn in your book, this is it.

I look forward to reading the conclusion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›