Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

on November 14, 2015
I really wish I could write two reviews. I would give the unit five stars and give all of the available installation instructions one star! So, the average is three. I am have been around automotive work and restorations for forty plus years as a hobby and am an electrical engineer by trade. Even so, had I not purchased the factory wiring manual for the 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe I install this unit in it would have taken days and days to get this finished and then who knows if it would have been correct. The installation guide leaves you hanging on so many, many items. It would have been very helpful to have been told what to do with any connections you chose to not make (ground them, set them at 12+, for let them float). If you were told right up front every single connection needed to be made at minimum so the remote start would work would have been very helpful. I enabled the remote start, doom light, power locking / unlocking. This indeed works fantastically well, but 16 of the some odd 53 possible wires did not need to be connected to anything. There is a ton of confusion in the instructions. A push button switch is refereed to by (I think, I still have not figured this out) by three completely different names in various places in the manual. Programming is a nightmare with several features only being available with a Bitwriter device. Unless you have access to a factory wiring diagram manual (the Hyundai manual is FANTASTIC giving you the shape, pin-out, wire color, location, etc for every single connector in the car) do not give this a try on your own unless you are very, very patient and rather skillful. I love how the unit works and would not hesitate to purchase others for my various cars now that I have survived the trial by fire and completed the first installation. Good Luck
on December 1, 2015
Great product. You must know what you are doing. This isnt for the typical do it yourselfer. I installed this on an 85 toyota pickup. Manual trans whick has no neutral switch on it. I only remote start at home so i bypassed it with a switch. When i park, the switch is off. Great alarm with great range. Instructions are vague as usual but if youve installed alarms everything is in the book.
on June 12, 2016
This was my very first diy remote starter installation. The unit worked out of the box and I dry tested it prior to installing in the car. Installation took 3 hours.
[...]
It is a nice help to have the dei bitwriter which I also bought from Amazon.com,
on January 21, 2014
I purchased this starter as it looked like a great deal off Amazon. It's the older model Avital put out but nothing has changed really. I had it professionally installed and all said and done everything cost about 250.00. That's a steal for a high end remote starter/alarm system and an install so I was quite happy. The starter works great, no issues with with an overly sensitive alarm. My only complaint is the primary remote which communicates 2 way to tell you what's going on w/ the car stopped working last week. This is only 3 weeks into it's use. Hopefully it was a rare occurrence otherwise i would've given it 5 stars.
on September 14, 2011
It works great! The range is not quite as long as I hoped it would be, but it is still decent. Installation is a beast. I do not recommend doing it yourself unless you are very comfortable with your car's wiring. Once installed, though, it worked great! No complaints
on January 6, 2016
Works as advertised. Download the installation manual and follow it meticulously. My install involved 2 Starter wires, so be aware of that. Also, you aren't splicing into these starter wires, like the other connections, but cutting the starter wires and installing the remote starters wires in between the key side and the starter side of the cut starter wires. Google for install websites and they'll give the wire color and location for your specific vehicle.http://www.readyremote.com/ and http://www.the12volt.com were two websites that I found helpful.
on February 3, 2016
I have a viper remote start and got this one for my other car. It was almost half of what I paid for the viper and almost all the same options. The viper has a rechargeable remote but which is nice ( this one uses a AAA battery that lasts months). I would not recommend trying to install yourself unless you have done something like this before. It takes 2-3 hours to install if everything goes smooth.. I think this is a must if you live in cold weather. And for the price I would take this over the viper.
on November 17, 2014
I had this alarm professionally installed, the alarm worked great for about two weeks then it was problem after problem. I should have saved this money and invest in something else. My car shuts down everytime I try the turbo timer mode. I know I was doing the correct thing because it worked for two weeks. Now I dont hear any chirps when I arm and disarm the alarm. The siren sounds if I enter panic mode or of the door is opened whilst armed but not when I arm or disarm. When I remote start the car doesnt shut off when I apply brake. I am expecting more problems later on.
on May 12, 2015
I somehow allowed the installer to convince to get it instead of the brand I used to get for all my cars. It is installed in a brand new car, the worst remote ignition I ever had. Slow, irresponsible, you fart int he street and it blocks the device. Replaced the antenna, the remote, no luck, it fails starting my truck from 100 ft unblocked third level porch to the parking lot. Contacted Avital through their support, no reply yet.
on July 13, 2016
I bought this due to the remote start, it is nice to have my car pre warmed or pre cooled before driving off into the world, the car had no security system before and due to the crime rate rising I needed something! The remote start works from inside my house some 45 yards away, works every time! Even when leaving stores, some 500 yards away, works every time!