5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Thoughts
Published 22 months ago by T

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, with many caveats
Published 7 months ago by alpex

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Thoughts, November 16, 2012
This review is from: AViiQ Portable Charging Station with Cable Management (Black Leather) (Personal Computers)
I just received it and have tested the unit. My initial thoughts were that it wouldn't be powerful enough to charge on all 4 ports at the same time, Seems I was wrong. I haven't been able to test "all" four at the same time but I did test with an iPad 2, iPad 4th gen, and iPhone 5 at the SAME time and it charges all 3 with no problems. The wire wraps seems pretty confusing, but when you read the instructions it's really pretty simple.

Pros: FINALLY something that can charge ALL my iDevices at once without extra bricks/cables. Cable management keep things neat. Zippered case makes for easy travel, and takes up less space in my luggage than all those adapters.

Cons: "Leather" is cheap, and not real sure about it even being leather. Power brick is large, won't fit in tight spaces. Cable keepers are difficult to get in and out once the cable is on them.

Other thoughts:
12V car adapter and/or airplane adapter would be excellent accessories to offer ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clutter Freeeeeeee!, January 11, 2013
No more searching for cable ends, or looking for cables - period! Everything is all compacted into a nicely made, portable charging station that handles all my gadgets while only requiring one socket in the wall!! Get one, it'll help keep you sane.

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, with many caveats, January 26, 2014
alpex "alexjlee" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
warning! this is not a 4 port charger. only 3 of the ports seem to charge on mine. the 4th end port is just a usb pass through from the hub. Although it works reasonably well on most phones etc i seem to have more than my fair share of devices that won't take a charge from this. I've also measured the output and it's definitely less than they quoted. i wouldn't advise charging three tablets at once! my nook tablet and vita(when completely shut down) charge from other sources or pc but both refuse to charge here. In recent trips i've decided to leave the charger at home and just use the case for other chargers. (ios devices charge fine (but slower than usual), perhaps there is some bias in the design!)

It's a real shame since i love the organization but the underpowered hub just doesn't quite nail the issue it set out to solve.

4.0 out of 5 stars Concept is great, October 4, 2013
Love this little gadget, which I saw on The View as loved by Whoopi Goldberg.....the only thing I don't like are those little cord winder brackets. They are hard to get in and out and really too close together to be much use in storing the cords. So I just took them out for more room to wind my cords loosely in a circle and tie with twist ties. Other than that, it's a keeper!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Total organization, January 2, 2013
Not only travels neatly but it is a great organizer for all my required plug-ins....kindle, IPad,iPhone and iPod ....fantastic! A must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea with cord organizer, December 29, 2012
This is a great product. With 5 kids all over 13 I have a lot of things charging all the time. This is a great concept so I asked for one for Christmas. This one has a cord organization system which would be great if you are always using the same cords. Great idea, actually got two for Christmas off my Amazon list two different styles. Keeping both since we have two houses to leave one at each house.

4.0 out of 5 stars charging station, October 2, 2013
really I like it, it's useful I recommend it for every one who want to be away from headache make your live easy

4.0 out of 5 stars Working well for 6 months, November 20, 2012
It's not a luxury built product, but the durability is quite good. Product feels good enough. The cable wrappers are a little tricky, and unless you have the lowest guage USB cables (and not too long) they won't wrap well, but if you're very careful you can wrap them well enough. Also, if the USB end is too long, it won't fit between the USB charging hub and where the wrapping holder sticks onto the backing.

I'd buy again though, if/when it wears out, much easier than having to pull out 4 wall warts and their associated cables. Just unzip, and plug in.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as it appears, October 4, 2012
This product is handy, but larger than it appears in the pictures and doesn't really save space in my backpack that I travel with. The cords loose fit into small pockets, but this product zipped up has to go in the main pocket so it is taking up space normally used for my paperwork. I am still evaluating if I take my cords out of the device and go back to loose cords and chargers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality - no problems after a year of use, August 9, 2014
Outstanding product that I've been using every single day for over a year. I travel anywhere from 3-6 days a week and the AViiQ goes everywhere with me. On business trips, it is perfect to have single item you pull from your bag and can charge iPhone, iPad, Kindle and speaker phone all at once, an more importantly without having to drag out, untangle and sort a handful of cables. I have mine set up with 4 different cables so I can charge anything I carry without any other cables. On vacation, it serves the purpose as a single point charging station for the entire family. In the car, the battery is sufficient to keep everything topped-off for the day and then you can recharge at night. The quality is obviously excellent as I've had no problems in over a year (hoping this review doesn't detonate some hidden quality flaw as I just realized how dependent on this I've become). Also, I saw a question on 110V vs 220V ... it works fine on 220V. I travel throughout Asia and it has spent more time plugged into 220V than 110V.

Comments:
* The light is BRIGHT. Not really a problem because I drop the charging cables out the bottom and flip the cover closed to hide the light.
* The charging brick is a bit large, but I've never had a problem getting it plugged in except where the wall outlet was a POS and wouldn't grip the prongs ... not AViiQs fault.
* To put the charging brink back in the bag, you have to wrap the cord around the brick. The brick is designed to have a recess exactly the size of the wrapped cord. It is very easy to wrap up, but you have to keep the cord tight as you wrap or it bulges a bit (can still put in holder). I really worried about the quality of the cord being able to handle this repeated tight pull, but after using multiple times a week for over a year there has been no problem.
* The elastic band that holds the charge brick has also stood the test of time and doesn't appear to be stretched or frayed in any way after more than a year.
* Unless it is in my bag on travel, it is plugged in. I don't know if this is good for the battery or not, but the charging indicator seems to click off after a while so I think it self protects the battery.
* I don't use the battery that often, but it works well and seems to be able to fully charge a phone or two when needed. I've never strained the battery in any way and it is just a very convenient backup as I use this mainly as a single point charging station.
* The "leather" clearly isn't leather, but it looks great after much use and abuse. This isn't a fashion accessory, so who cares.
* If I have any complaint, it is that the zipper is a bit difficult to use and quality seems sketchy enough that I worry it will fail. The zipper goes a full 90 degrees around all 4 corners. When you start to pull it closed, it has to make an immediate 90 turn and you have to tug and pull pretty roughly to get it to zip. It still hasn't failed, but I find I don't use the zipper much as I don't want it to fail.

Recommendation - I would HIGHLY recommend the AViiQ Portable Charging Station with 5200 mAh Battery Pack. In today's disposable society, this is a product you can buy and count on. I'll admit that if it fails now, I've received my money's worth and will grudgingly buy another one.

Rate and Discover Movies