Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AViiQ Portable Quick Laptop Stand (Black)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Black|Change

on March 4, 2012
I do not have occasion to use this as much as I thought I would. At work, I dock my laptop and use a separate keyboard. At home, I prefer the Kool Pad because the Kool Pad has a two-part base, so the laptop can rotate. With the Aviq, the laptop is stationary. However, the Kool Pad is bulky and I do not like to put it in my laptop case. The Aviq is so compact, I carry it in my case all the time. If I were in the habit of using the laptop in conference rooms or coffe shops, the Aviq would be a godsend.
on October 4, 2013
First of all the product's illustration is misleading...
You would think this item stands up, and supports itself, all on its own.This is not the case.
The problem with using this item is that it fully collapses unless your notebook is on it. To place your notebook on it, you have to do a bit of a balancing act, by holding your notebook with one hand, (quite a feat with a 5 pound notebook), while using your other hand to hold the stand steady so it does not collapse on you . I am always close to dropping my 15.6 inch notebook when I try to use this item. I can not recommend this stand for large notebooks. It "might" be ok with lighter laptops, but I have not tried it yet.
Amazon , can I get my money back?
on January 28, 2013
I had high hopes for this stand, but I can't even use it.

When the stand is 'set up', there is a slight arch on the bottom leg causing it to not sit securely on the surface. As a result, when I type the stand has a slight rock about 1/8 inch, which wouldn't seem like much, but when it happens on every keystroke the shaking is so bad you can't even read what you're typing.

I have a Dell XPS13, and if you have a heavier laptop this might fix the problem, but this was supposed to be designed for MacBook's - and they are similar in size and weight - so it should work for a Dell also.

Other than the shaking it's a nice design; slim, compact, and easily portable; however, the shaking makes this absolutely unusable for me.
on April 2, 2014
Pro
--Does it's job well for the $8 I spent on it.
--The angle is excellent
--Holds up well in a backpack

Con
--Slips out from underneath if you don't get the alignment exactly right

Overall assessment
Great if you need something cheap and portable. If you can swing one of the better ones, it's probably worth it.
on December 31, 2012
The stand raises the back of the laptop by about two inches and folds flat for traveling. Something quick and light for travel rather than some of the larger laptop stands was my main criteria. Allows airflow and provides a slope to the keyboard. Seems a tad pricy for a piece of metal. It does require a flat surface.
on September 4, 2015
The other laptop stand we got to try by AviiQ is the pop-up laptop stand. This is the same idea as the on-the-go laptop stand, but with no assembly required! This is a simple triangle configuration with three hylite metal slats connected by a silicon hinge. the stand flattens out for storage and pops open for use!

The only thing about this stand is that is doesn’t support the base of your laptop; it just kind of props it up on an angle. It does, however, still provide the same amount of ventilation and ergonomic support as the other AviiQ laptop stand we tested out.

The company recommends that you try to “break in the silicon” by placing a heavy weight on it for a day. Otherwise it doesn’t stay popped open and it can be difficult to prop up your laptop with both hands!

All around, I prefer the on-the-go version to the pop-up, but both are good solutions to keeping your laptop from overheating!
on March 29, 2013
I like how portable this stand is, but I was expecting it to be constructed... differently. I didn't have anything specific in mind, but I was surprised that they chose to make the hinges out of molded rubber. The black caps at either end in the product image are actually rubber and serve dual purposes. They prevent the stand from slipping and they are also the hinges between the flat metal surfaces that form the sides. I'm skeptical about their long term durability, but I've only had the product a couple months now, so we'll see how it lasts...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2012
I use it with my MacBook air. a little pricing by keeps my mac cool and at a good typing angle. best of all it's portable. if you don't travel, or work at coffee shops often, you wont appreciate it. But if you do, you will really appreciate it more and more.
on October 16, 2012
Love the item! Keeps my laptop from over heating, and has many uses. I move the stand to the front of the keyboard when I'm in the kitchen to make typing easier (and more comfortable) while standing. Move it to the back of the laptop when sitting down for those same reasons.

Very light, and folds to just above a quarter inch. This product will definitely fit into any laptop bag.

Priced pretty high though. $19.99 - $24.99 is a more realistic price point for this item. But hey, the innovation is what you're buying I guess.
on April 23, 2012
he size is great. I used it on my macbook air but am returing it. My MBA slides off now and then. And the darn thing does not stay "open." Also, its not worht the $30+. I ended up putting a small pad at the bottom to let the mba breathe.

See 1 answered question