5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, neat and sexy
It's just enough cable length do get what you need done. Love that it's so nice and neatly stowed away in my briefcase; just like a pen. Works in both charge and sync mode for my blackberry bold. It's the sexiest cable I've ever seen.
Published on April 20, 2012 by sfdude

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, needs work.
I opted for this cable over the Griffin Technology GC17097 USB Mini-Cable Kit despite is being more than 2x as much because I liked the look and the clip on this cable.

Published on April 30, 2012 by John Garfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, needs work., April 30, 2012

The cables do indeed work great and function well, but the quality leaves something to be desired. Time will tell how well these last. The part where the head connects to the cable is no well reinforced, and as a result looks as though it would break very easily.

I would think that if you put these in your bag using the clip, the part inside the bag would generally be the part that is most protected. It would have been better to put the clip on the full-size USB end rather than the micro-USB end, since the full-size USB end would be much more sturdy sticking up in your bag (or wherever you keep it). Maybe not a huge deal, but it was the first thing I noticed when I actually clipped this cable to something.

The most annoying thing, though, is that the micro USB connection is upside-down. YMMV depending on your device, but using it with my phone it ends up sitting face down next to my computer, making it much less useful if I am trying to do something that involves connecting my phone to a computer AND using it. I didn't think of this when I bought it, but be sure to examine the picture of the cable closely to see if it will work for you. The Griffin version linked above does not have the Micro-USB end flipped.

Over all these are cool cables, and your friends will give you some oo's and ah's, but if I don't think their quality and design issues warrant the high price. This is a five dollar product sold for more than double that. I'd avoid these cables and go with the Griffin ones for les money.

Note: I am not associated with Griffin in any way.

2.0 out of 5 stars good idea, did not last very long.., December 7, 2012
alpex "alexjlee" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I travel a lot and have always carried a short micro usb cable for my charging needs in my bag. for year's I've carried a short nokia microusb cable and it's still working well. When i saw the aviiq i thought it would be a good long term replacement. I've have solid cables in the same style before and they're all still going strong (eg sony). I thought this would be the same. Unfortunately after 2 months it no longer makes a connection the larger usb end has loose connnections to the rubber ribbon and it no longer works.

It's a shame since the form factor is great, it's just a problem that it doesn't hold up as well as it should.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish they had a simpler version, December 12, 2012
Got this cable after being stopped by airport security in London, for "too many electrical items" I had changing cables, computer cables etc. I saw this rather expensive cable in one of the airline magazines. I bought it and it works very well. I don't have any Apple devices but do have multiple USB/Micro USB. It is well made, but like another poster said. Make sure your device will be face up when the cable is plugged in... I do wish they had just a USB/Micro cable OR that the head would rotate completely. To get from the USB to the Micro USB you have to go through the Apple connection.. It's also a VERY TIGHT fitting on the end of the flat cable making it difficult to rotate, but perhaps that will free up over time. Bottom line is it works very well and I would buy it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, poor implementation, December 10, 2012
I liked the idea of a short cable that would fit into a pen pocket in my backpack with three connectors on it, but the connector quality is very poor, barely fits into the devices that I have to charge , iPod Touch and HTC Phone. I would not recommend this to anyone. Better off using seperate cables that have higher quality connectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, neat and sexy, April 20, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak connector, April 28, 2013
I boought the connector assuming that it would work fine because of the flat cable design; but I had to remove my iphone case to charge my phone. THe connection was not tight and secure. The slightest touch and the connection was gone. Now after using it for a few months the connector has deteriorated to an extent that the phone does not charge unless you apply pressure to the connector. What a product AViiQ? I had high expectations but you let me down. Warning BUY ONLY IF YOU USE EVER SO CAREFULLY AND IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CASE!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cable with a clip, May 10, 2012
This is my second aviiq cable... I also have the micro version. A little pricey compared to other short cables, but because it has the clip, that makes all the difference imo.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after one use, December 30, 2012
I bought this charging adapter for use while traveling. I plugged mini USB into my blackberry phone and charged my phone. when the charge was completed I unplugged the phone and the mini USB metal connector housing from the AViiq pulled out of the charger cable. I used this product once!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, November 5, 2012
This review is from: AViiQ Ready Clip Slim USB Connector - Mini USB 2.0 (Personal Computers)
I recently purchased this product through amazon and found it to be cheap - not well made. As other reviewers have commented, this product was a good idea, but it definitely needs improvement. The product is far too rigid so you need a large flat surface to use it. My recommendation - find another product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy and great product we all use everyday, June 19, 2012
I have been using my ready clip for about a month now and I love it. It stores well it works the first time every time and its a great conversation starter when Im out and about. Connections on both ends feel stable and strong and I really enjoy not having to have coiled up cords anymore! Packaging was great and looks top notch. Would definitely buy again and recommend to all my nerd friends too.

AViiQ Ready Clip Slim USB Connector - Mini USB 2.0