5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Street Riding Boots -- I LOVE THE LACING SYSTEM!!
I purchased these boots a little over a year ago and I wear them just about every day. So far the durability has been excellent, no rips, holes, or tears have developed on my pair. (See my update below)

The PROS:
Published on August 6, 2011 by Music Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy boots, but narrow
When I purchased these, I was planning on giving them as a birthday gift to my boyfriend. The shoes are nice looking and really well made. The lacing system is thin wires, which is interesting. The boot is super narrow though. I could barely get my (narrow) feet into them, and knowing that my boyfriend has wide feet, I decided to return them.
Published on December 5, 2011 by Desert Wanderer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Street Riding Boots -- I LOVE THE LACING SYSTEM!!, August 6, 2011
Music Lover "C.O." (Los Angeles suburb) - See all my reviews

The PROS:
1. Easy and convenient lacing system. Very easy to put the boots on and to remove them. I LOVE the BOA lacing mechanism, so much, that I purchased amphibious hiking sandals with the same feature (Treksta Kobra).
2. The outsole has excellent grip; almost comparable to the Vibram(tm) type outsole found in rock climbing shoes. I'VE NEVER SLIPPED on oil, sand or water while on my bike. (Just be cautious of loose pebbles or small rocks while straddling a sportbike).
3. Construction quality is excellent as I mentioned above. I've put 10K miles on my bike with these boots, and they still look new (if not seen up close, of course).
4. Ankle protection is ok; better than wearing non-motorcycle sneakers and shoes.
5. Easy to clean. A large part of the exterior of the boot is made of smooth rubber/synthetic surface, which makes it easy to clean.

The CONS:
1. The boots are narrow and fit rather snug. They become uncomfortable about an hour walking in them. I don't think riders with wide square feet will find these boots comfortable at all.
2. When I purchased the AXO boots they only came in whole sizes (no longer the case), my true shoe size is 9.5 and I purchased size 10 and they still fit snug, I recommend buying these boots a size larger than what you normally wear.
3. The dial on the back sticks out too much, my pants sometimes get caught on the dial when I'm riding, and when walking down on cement stairs the dial can strike the the edge of a step, which runs the risk of damaging the dial.
4. Definitely not water proof, or water resistant. Just going over a puddle, the water will find its way inside the boot while on the bike.
5. They don't look stylish with baggy pants, since they are narrow toed.
6. They do squeak a bit, but it doesn't bother me at all; in fact, I didn't really notice it until I read other online reviews.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with these boots. I wouldn't replace my AXO Strikers with any other boots or shoes for dry weather street riding. The BOA lacing system is SO convenient and the traction is great.

The AXO Striker boots are pricey, but not so much more than basketball shoes that so many people waste their money on.

**UPDATE 2/03/2013**
Now I'm going on my third year of owning these excellent quality boots. I still wear them and I'm still a daily motorcycle rider.

While riding in the mountains, my buddy sometimes compels me to hike while I'm wearing these shoes. (HUGE mistake! While excellent riding shoes, they are definitely not hiking shoes! You will regret walking more than a mile with these shoes.)

While on an unplanned 6 mile hike, I forgot to unlock and loosen the the lacing, and when I got home, I discovered the lacing on one of the boots became frayed. It didn't take long for the lacing mechanism to become inoperative. However, BOA sells repair kits that are decently priced. The new replacement wires came plastic coated, to prevent them from fraying, in contrast to the original bare lacing wire. I only replaced the wire on one boot, but the difference is barely noticeable; it doesn't bug me. Replacing the wire wasn't too hard; for me at least.

After owning these boots for over two years, besides the avoidable frayed lace incident, a tear has developed on both of the boots inside where my heel rubs against the back part; nothing serious. That's it!! The boots still look good and still have plenty of tread on the out sole. Excellent boots!! I highly recommend them!

TIP: If you're a daily rider in the sunny Southwest, coat the boots with good quality UV protectant, to avoid cracking on the toe of the boot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy boots, but narrow, December 5, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Small and Stiff, but Cool, March 13, 2012
This review is from: AXO Striker Riding Boots (Black, Size 12) (Automotive)
Beware if you purchase thesse boots. They are cut small. With a softer more pliable shoe, it might not be a problem, but these, although sturdy, are quite stiff, and don't seem like they will get softer over time.

So I can't review their performance and they're going back. But the lacing system is indeed cool, and they are quite good looking, but no 13s left in stock, so I can't exchange them.

5.0 out of 5 stars True to Size and Comfortable, December 22, 2011
Big-D (Lake Havasu City, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I had been wanting to buy a pair of these motorcycle shoes/ boots, but I hesitated due to the high price. But after I saw Amazon was offering them at a great deal, I took the plunge and ordered them.
The fit (size 13) is perfect. I love the way there is strong elastic attached to the tongue, making the feel and fit even better. Then a simple crank on the knob tightens them up evenly and as secure feeling as you so desire in your personal preference. To remove them, simply pull out on the knob, the stainless steel cables release and the shoe slips right off.
I want to address a couple issues I have seen in previous reviews; such as a creaking noise while walking. The original shoe required the knob to be pushed up to release and these require the knob to be pulled straight out, which tells me the shoe has been revamped, because there is no squeaking or creaking noise coming from this shoe while walking. In fact, not only is the shoe extremely comfortable, there are no noises what so ever coming from them.
I am extremely happy with the fit, size, comfort and function of this shoe/boot and feel they will provide years of comfortable and secure protection for my feet while riding my motorcycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars SICK, January 14, 2012
My first pair of riding shoes which are much more comfortable than boots. Great support and the boa closing system works perfect. No complaints when they only cost me $59.99. Also I wear around a 9 1/2 - 10 size shoe so I got a 10 and they fit absolutely perfect. If you do have wide feet I don't think they will be too comfortable but that's pretty much the case with all riding shoes/boots but they honestly are not that skinny like other people have said. If you are thinking about it and can't decide just buy them, you will not be disappointed especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, February 2, 2012
Great books, very easy to put on and take off, I really like the cable lacing mechanism. Just be sure and order one size bigger than you would normally, the boots are cut rather small, I normally wear a 9, the toes were very cramped, returned for a 10, fit perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
great shoes. they take a while to break in for regular wear though.

4.0 out of 5 stars AXO striker Riding Boots, July 22, 2013
I agree with the other review that these boots are really made to fit women. Men Size 5 = Ladies Size 7 Narrow.
I like the fact that the tongue of the boot is made so it doesn't move around. Like the easy use of the tightening knob. I did have to knock a half star because the knob had gotten caught onto something ... Pant leg or part of the motorcycle,not sure??? ... But, it loosened up the metal laces.
I had to knock off another half star because the grip of the shoe onto the street / road surface isn't all that great! It is very slick even on a rough surface. I have only used it a half a dozen times due to the traction.
Perhaps, the newer models that are being designed should consider the sole of the boot, using a material like rubber on the current tires, to make the boot feel like traction it's got traction especially on slopes or steeply graded surfaces at a full stop. Although, motorcycles do have brakes for that reason, it scares me to let go of my death grip on the front breaks because I don't feel that the traction on this boot is enough to keep me from rolling forward or backward.
I like the low profile look. Still protects the ankles! That's important!!
Overall, the look,he design, the concept make this rider boot unique, compliments about it when I do wear it, and the concept is exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 19, 2013
Amazing product and what a deal. I wore them the whole time on a motorcycle trip to Utah and they felt like sneakers!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, April 19, 2013
This review is from: AXO Striker Riding Boots (Black, Size 12) (Automotive)
I have been looking for a pair of shoes like this for a couple months. after I layed down my bike with running shoes on. I needed something to go over the ankle. when I receive them they were comfy stylish and what I wanted. 6 months later they are still comfy. the only thing I don't like about them is you can get them too tight and then your feet go numb. but that's my fault no the shoe.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›