4.0 out of 5 stars Read between the lines for best results
What the instruction DON'T tell you is the correct doctor approved methos of using these strips.
For home use, your test should be the first thing in the morning, Not in the day or after a meal.
Next pee in a "urine sample bottle" available from your doctor or pharmacy free usually. This eliminate the contamination
from your cavity liquids. Dip the strip...
Published on October 28, 2011 by PWayne

2.0 out of 5 stars If you have a UTI
Published on January 11, 2007 by Book worm 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Read between the lines for best results, October 28, 2011
PWayne "ONMC" (Charleston, WV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AZO Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips, 3-Count Boxes (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
from your cavity liquids. Dip the strip into the bottle and wait only a count of three and then lay the test strip on a piece of tissue paper and start counting (this is VERY important.
ONE minute for the Nitrate pad and 2 minutes for the Leukocytes pad. Read the nitrate first and compare the color. after another read the other pad, do this because the nitrate (one minute pad) will turn not be accurate after one minute, so you have to know that Purply is is bad, and beige is good, so look for purple on both padds after 1 min and 2 mins.
( if the urine is cloudy, then you are almost sure you have an infection starting). Cloudy urine the first pee of the morning is a sign that is basically a clue that you have bacteria in the urine.

These strip are only as good as the person reading them. It you get regular UTI's then you should already know PURPLE is the infection. If only one is purple, you probably don't have an infection, but should see your doctor anyway.

Burning while urinating is either an infection, a kidney stone, or another problem

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than a trip to the Doctor's office, March 8, 2007
S. Johns (Villa Grove, IL) - See all my reviews
I used to buy these kits locally until they disconitinued them at Meijer. I appreciate the better deal on the 2 pack. My daughter has a condition where she gets frequent UTI's with vague symptoms. I use this kit to determine if she actually has a UTI or just a virus with fever. It has saved me numerous trips to the doctor's office. I am able to determine that she has an infection before I have to wait to see if it turns into a full blown infection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, September 30, 2010
These correctly diagnosed a UTI after the 2nd day of presenting symptoms. Peed on the strip, waited, looked at the color, and bingo. Had it confirmed the next day at the Dr.'s office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, May 21, 2008
I had Azo Standard in my system so I wasn't sure with orange urine if I would get the correct colored results. But I was amazed that the test pads turned purple and pink to show a true positive. But my doctor won't call in a prescription so I had to pay for the test and for the dr visit to get an RX. Had the test been negative, it would have saved me a trip to the doctor though. I often get inflammations that are cured by flushing my system with water so I will definitely keep these test strips on hand and test at the first sign of pain.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you have a UTI, January 11, 2007
They claim it's 100% accurate which it probably is, but my problem with this product is the top portion of the dip stick. The color is never what it is on the chart. I find myself looking under every lamp to see if I can see it better. I always end up calling the company to ask what it means if the color isn't the same as their chart for negative, but it's also not the same color if there was an infection. I'd pass next time.

Tiny Dancer

5.0 out of 5 stars AZO Test Strips do the job., November 30, 2009
The test let me know that I had an infection and what type -- great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool when trying to pinpoint yeast vs uti, August 10, 2013
I had suspicions I had a uti but also had yeast symptoms. I know a uti can be more dangerous so if I did have it I wanted to seek medical attn. ASAP. This was a great tool to use at home as it showed positive and allowed me to feel more confident stepping into the doctor's office. Rather than waste time at doctor's trying to determine what I had, I told them what I suspected, they confirmed it and I got my meds and was on my way. I will use again in the future when I have suspicions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not so accurate, March 10, 2010
I have been having frequent urinary infections so I bought this product. I tried one strip and it showed I had a bladder infection so I went to the doctor.
They did a test and it showed I did not have an infection. So I do question the accuracy of these strips. Although they are very convenient to have. I guess
it is better to be tested and not have an infection than ignore an infection.

5.0 out of 5 stars AZO Test strips, August 28, 2013
I thought I might have a UTI but wasn't sure. So I tried one of these and it was positive. Went to my doctor's office and told them I thought I had an UTI. They ran their test and said it was positive. So I got on medication. Having the test kit was really nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars UTI test strips, January 19, 2014
These are so good to have on hand for anyone, but, especially those that are prone to having urinary tract infections like my 93 year old mother. They alerted us to the beginning of an infection - which in the past has put her in the hospital - and get her started on antibiotics. Thanks AZO.

Rate and Discover Movies