5.0 out of 5 stars Best seat cover I've owned
Published on February 19, 2011 by TimRex

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice material, good price, but ultimately disappeared!
Published on August 15, 2011 by D J Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Best seat cover I've owned, February 19, 2011
TimRex (Central NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
This cover works great. I've been using it close to a year now. I've left my bike out in rain, sleet, and snow and this cover has never leaked. Unlike plastic covers, I leave the cover on the seat when I ride most days also. It hasn't worn out, ripped, or torn in any way. The only times I remove it, is if the cover is wet and I need to ride or if I'm riding in good weather with no chance of rain.

If there's a negative, it's that it will hold water on its top layer. So if it has rained and your bike is outside, take the cover off before you ride the bike. Otherwise it works awesome. I have mine covering a Brooks Flyer saddle on my Surly LHT with Planet Bike fenders. No water issues ever.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice material, good price, but ultimately disappeared!, August 15, 2011
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
I bought one of these last year to protect my Brooks B67 from the terrible winter we were having. On the first ride out I noticed on returning home that the cover was missing. Putting it down to a fluke (thinking I'd maybe fitted it hastily) I purchased another when they came back in stock. Just tried forwards tugging on it to test it and.... it pops off so easily that now I'm loathe to go cycling with it fitted in case it 'disappears' again.

Would be better with a toggle/tightening system, or maybe it's just unsuitable for the B67 type saddle?

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not waterproof, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
This seat cover is not even close to waterproof. It rained the first night I put it on, and my seat was soaked in the morning. I tried turning the cover inside-out and filling it with water. Guess what - it goes right through and comes dripping out the other side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof bike seat cover, July 9, 2011
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
I have bought two of these now (lost the first one) and they're phenomenal products. A thin cover for you r bike seat that as far as I know is completely waterproof. I have mine on my bike all the time as my seat have started to tear, and it makes it look much better, and then when it rains I take the cover off and the seat is dry! I've never had a problem with the product and have been very impressed, I would recommend this to anyone who rides in damper conditions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, inconspicuous cover for Brooks saddle, July 14, 2012
R. Taylor (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
I use this cover to protect (from weather and occasional shipping/transport) and make less conspicuous (when my bike is parked outside at work) my leather Brooks Flyer saddle. Does the job! Makes the covered saddle look more like a Walmart special---does not attract the attention of thieves.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Waterproof at All, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
I purchased this seat cover to protect my Brooks leather saddle from the rain. I would say at best, it offers a level of protection equivalent to a "soft shell" jacket. While it may protect from a light sprinkle, any kind of hard rain leaks through the cover and water spots can be seen on the seat. I have a large water stain on the side of saddle now from when I left it outside during a rain storm before I realized how poor of a job this cover does at protecting it. It does add a bit of padding, and does conceal the seat, which might help protect from theft if you have an obviously expensive seat. But waterproof? No.

3.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof?, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
<Update - I just had my first big rain while my bike was outside and supposidly protected by this seat cover. Turns out, it did not work as well as I had hoped. The cover was on the seat just fine when I got back to my bike, however 1/2 of my saddle was soaking wet and somewhere along the ride home, it slipped off without my noticing and when I reached my destination, the cover was no where to be found. Considering that 1/2 of the saddle was dry, I suspect that the waterproofing worked, but the rain somehow seeped under the side. I am going to try using the one that came with my Brooks Saddle instead.>

This fit perfectly on my Brooks Saddle Flyer Special. At 100 miles, it still fits snugly and has not come loose.

It protects the leather from water/rain.
It protects the leather from the sun and drying out too quickly.
It protects your light color pants from any dyes in the leather.
It hides from potential thieves the fact that you have an expensive saddle.
It looks and feels much nicer than the cover Brooks provides.

I do not even notice it at all while I am biking.

The only negative I can conceive of, and this is theoretical, is that leather is supposedly cooler to ride on in the heat of the summer and this may reduce that breathability.

I would never have a leather saddle without this cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof - fits Brooks B17 perfectly, March 16, 2012
Russell W. Miller "bluecrabby" (Annapolis, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
I bought this to protect the leather on my Brooks B-17 saddle and it fits perfectly. It seems to be waterproof (although I haven't placed it under running water to test it) and is small and light enough to stuff into a aero bag under the saddle when not in use. This also fits on my standard road saddle on my road bike and will likely fit any standard road saddle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black (Sports)
In 2011 I rode my bike cross country. I put this cover on my brooks saddle every night in camp, and left it on for rainy days. It held up better then most of my gear, and always kept my saddle dry. I had a brooks cover before this one, it developed holes right away and was not water proof.

I highly recommend this cover.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof = junk!, January 29, 2012
Deceptive product description.

It's not actually waterproof, just water resistant. Water will seep right through if left in a rainstorm.

Given that leather saddles *will* be ruined if ridden on while wet, this is unacceptable.

I suspect most people that rate this as a good saddle cover don't actually ride all that much.

Aardvark Waterproof Std Seatcover, Black