Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Size: ATB|Change
Price:$10.55+ $1.00 shipping

on February 19, 2011
This cover works great. I've been using it close to a year now. I've left my bike out in rain, sleet, and snow and this cover has never leaked. Unlike plastic covers, I leave the cover on the seat when I ride most days also. It hasn't worn out, ripped, or torn in any way. The only times I remove it, is if the cover is wet and I need to ride or if I'm riding in good weather with no chance of rain.

If there's a negative, it's that it will hold water on its top layer. So if it has rained and your bike is outside, take the cover off before you ride the bike. Otherwise it works awesome. I have mine covering a Brooks Flyer saddle on my Surly LHT with Planet Bike fenders. No water issues ever.
on August 15, 2011
I bought one of these last year to protect my Brooks B67 from the terrible winter we were having. On the first ride out I noticed on returning home that the cover was missing. Putting it down to a fluke (thinking I'd maybe fitted it hastily) I purchased another when they came back in stock. Just tried forwards tugging on it to test it and.... it pops off so easily that now I'm loathe to go cycling with it fitted in case it 'disappears' again.

Would be better with a toggle/tightening system, or maybe it's just unsuitable for the B67 type saddle?
on July 14, 2012
I use this cover to protect (from weather and occasional shipping/transport) and make less conspicuous (when my bike is parked outside at work) my leather Brooks Flyer saddle. Does the job! Makes the covered saddle look more like a Walmart special---does not attract the attention of thieves.
on July 9, 2011
I have bought two of these now (lost the first one) and they're phenomenal products. A thin cover for you r bike seat that as far as I know is completely waterproof. I have mine on my bike all the time as my seat have started to tear, and it makes it look much better, and then when it rains I take the cover off and the seat is dry! I've never had a problem with the product and have been very impressed, I would recommend this to anyone who rides in damper conditions.
on March 16, 2012
I bought this to protect the leather on my Brooks B-17 saddle and it fits perfectly. It seems to be waterproof (although I haven't placed it under running water to test it) and is small and light enough to stuff into a aero bag under the saddle when not in use. This also fits on my standard road saddle on my road bike and will likely fit any standard road saddle.
on January 29, 2012
Deceptive product description.

It's not actually waterproof, just water resistant. Water will seep right through if left in a rainstorm.

Given that leather saddles *will* be ruined if ridden on while wet, this is unacceptable.

I suspect most people that rate this as a good saddle cover don't actually ride all that much.
on July 14, 2012
I purchased this seat cover to protect my Brooks leather saddle from the rain. I would say at best, it offers a level of protection equivalent to a "soft shell" jacket. While it may protect from a light sprinkle, any kind of hard rain leaks through the cover and water spots can be seen on the seat. I have a large water stain on the side of saddle now from when I left it outside during a rain storm before I realized how poor of a job this cover does at protecting it. It does add a bit of padding, and does conceal the seat, which might help protect from theft if you have an obviously expensive seat. But waterproof? No.
on February 15, 2014
This is my third purchase of this cover. I use them for my and my wife's Brooks B17 saddles. They work great at keeping the saddles dry, can be ridden on COMFORTABLY (something I cannot say about the brooks cover that tends to bunch up) and they hold up well enough. Yes, if you ride on them they will eventually get a bit ratty but they are inexpensive enough to replace. Note: I can leave them on the Brooks saddles on the back of the car's hitch mounted bike rack when doing freeway speeds and have never lost one.
on April 7, 2012
Original Review (5 stars):
This fit perfectly on my Brooks Saddle Flyer Special. At 100 miles, it still fits snugly and has not come loose.

It protects the leather from water/rain.
It protects the leather from the sun and drying out too quickly.
It protects your light color pants from any dyes in the leather.
It hides from potential thieves the fact that you have an expensive saddle.
It looks and feels much nicer than the cover Brooks provides.

I do not even notice it at all while I am biking.

The only negative I can conceive of, and this is theoretical, is that leather is supposedly cooler to ride on in the heat of the summer and this may reduce that breathability.

I would never have a leather saddle without this cover.

<Update - 3 stars - I just had my first big rain while my bike was outside and supposedly protected by this seat cover. Turns out, it did not work very well as a rain cover. The cover was on the seat just fine when I got back to my bike, however 1/2 of my saddle was soaking wet and somewhere along the ride home, it slipped off without my noticing and when I reached my destination, the cover was no where to be found. Considering that 1/2 of the saddle was dry, I suspect that the waterproofing worked, but the rain somehow seeped under the side. I am going to try using the one that came with my Brooks Saddle instead.>
on July 10, 2013
Bought an Aardvark Seatcover to hide my Brooks B17 saddle from inquisitive eyes and unwanted attention while I'm in coffee shops and my road bike is chained up outside.

The seatcover worked fine for about the first 250 miles until one day after finishing a ride, I got off my bike and the Aardvark seatcover was gone! How the seatcover could disappear from under my butt without me even feeling it is simply amazing to me.

Since the Aardvark seatcover did the job I bought it for, I bought two more, one for each of my road bikes. I then went to Wal-Mart and bought a gizmo from the fabric section that installs metal grommets into fabric. When the new seatcovers arrived I installed a metal grommet on each side of the seatcovers, put the seatcovers on my road bikes, and strung a piece of wire thru the grommets and under the seat between the front and rear frames and tying a secure knot in the wire.

Now, when (not if), the seatcovers fall off they'll just hang on the frame of the B17 saddle instead of falling to the pavement while I ride on unaware that they've slipped off.

Summary:
A good basic, plain seatcover that does the job I bought it for. Makes my Brooks B17 look like a cheap big box store bike saddle. Plus it has a small amount of padding that helps a little in the comfort department on long rides. Fits like it was made for a Brooks B17 bike saddle. I'd give it five stars rather than four if it would just stay on my bikes without me having to modify it.