Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on April 29, 2012
I am not sure about the high number and quality of reviews for this book. Is this yet another case of "reviewer bias" in which an otherwise forgettable book is propped up by friends of the author to make the product seem better than it is?
The stories in this book are simple and consistently mediocre. There is no great story telling or writing here. The book contains several grammatical errors and misspellings, and the stories themselves suffer from a lack of oversight.
This book is a solid three stars. Re-shaping and editing some of the stories could perhaps bring it up to a four.
Usually I spend a little time going through each story to talk about the qualities of each, but in this case the exercise would be superfluous. There are several books and compilations out there to read. My recommendation is move past this and check out one of the others. See my other reviews accordingly.
on March 30, 2013
The book was good but a little hard to follow. I thought it was a collection of short stories when I started reading it. Then I noticed something odd. The first 'story' was being continued later in the book. In my opinion having the main story broken up with short stories in between chapters made it harder to follow. It was like reading 2 books at one time, one a collection of short stories,the other a short novel.
on March 24, 2013
This was a great mixture of stories. My personal favorites were Some Like It Cold, where you find out what happens when you get stranded in a strange little town with a monster that lives off body heat. Fortunes, about fortune cookies that really work and the price you may pay for them. Most of the stories were entertaining. It`s worth your time.
on January 8, 2013
I had a lot of fun reading these stories. They evolved without getting bogged down in the details, letting the story and world come out through dialogue and offhand comments from the 1st person point of view. First and last story are linked, and one story is told in snippets between other stories. Warning, there is some foul language, if you are sensitive to that kind of thing.
on March 5, 2013
god speaks to them 2.5
reckoning 3.5
third level 4.75
on May 9, 2012
Enjoyed reading these very interesting and captivating stories of suspense and chilling intrigue. These stories kept up for several nights because they are so enthralling and well-written and the simple fact that they were disturbing enough to prevent me from getting a good sleep. LoL. Nothing dull or boring about these stories. I would highly recommend these excellent books to anyone who appreciates this style of writing and genre.
on May 9, 2012
I admire the creativity that goes into putting such a collection of tales together. What dark places does an author have to go to in order to think up such characters and situations to put them in? It never ceases to amaze me the limitless boundaries of the human imagination. Keep it up!
on April 25, 2012
These short stories get so intense and are so suspenseful that you have no other choice but to just finish it. I recommend this book to all readers who are into somewhat scary stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat.Recommended!!!
on April 7, 2012
I really like these stories! I stayed up all night just trying to finish them. It is very mysterious and keeps you on your toes wanting to know more. I am very glad I came across the author. I will definitely check out his other pieces.
on November 15, 2012
I've only read the first three stories so far, but they have all been VERY enjoyable. No wasted words: each one ends with a weird twist. I am definitely going to look for more by this author.