Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

75%
25%
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 23, 2015
Great account of Abbie's life as well as an inside view of what the 60's anti-war movement was like to be a part of from a major organizer's perspective. This book has given me the most comprehensive view of the anti-war movement to date and it seems the most realistic. It also supports the cynicism of being an organizer, which, as a small local political activist, I can appreciate. Most of the "demonstraters" were and still are just tools that are there to be seen, have an experience or to meet someone to hook up with. Sure they may "support" the message of the movement, but the majority only support it with lip service and if an organizer is lucky, they show up to your event. Most "activists" have no clue of all the hard work and preparation as well as money being spent from the pockets of the organizers of small groups. This book really gives one an inside view of how awesome, creative and motivating Abbie (despite his absurd ridiculousness at times) really was, as well as how mentally messed up one can get by media propaganda against them.
on December 13, 2014
I found this interesting. In fact I am going to look for another biography and see how they compare. I was living abroad for ten years and was only dimly aware of what was going on at home during that time, so this filled me in on stuff I never read about in the papers in Buenos Aires.
on March 14, 2013
I read anything about Abbe Hoffman........this book in particular, picked up
on his history & his life in a very thought provoking manner!
on February 9, 2000
The book's great. A complete account of the life and times of one of the 1960's New Left's major characters.