Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup and Hands-Free Speakerphone, Yellow
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 22, 2014
I bought this device not expecting much. I wanted something I could use in lieu of putting my phone in a coffee cup in the bathroom. I've been using this for a few weeks now and I just love it. I use it for when I'm getting ready for the day, even when I'm not in the shower. The sound is fantastic. I recently moved into a new place and I used this as my speaker system throughout my new home while I was unpacking. The battery life is excellent, I've only charged it once and that was because I wasn't sure if it needed it yet. I use it probably 5-7 days a week for a good hour at a time if not longer. Would definitely recommend it to a friend, may purchase a few as gifts for birthdays this year.
on January 26, 2014
This was my first Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker: Abco Tech Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker & Handsfree speakerphone - - Compatible with all Bluetooth Devices, iPhone 5 Siri and All Android devices.

Pros:
#1. it's really waterproof.
#2. after being fully charged each time, just plays during the hours of daily shower(s), it needs to be fully charged every 5 days.

Cons:
#1. it has only one speaker.
#2. it delivers an exact output volume from an app. for example: output volume with iheartradio is much louder than that of itunes, which is both set to a maximum volume played by my ipad 3.

Since 12/1/2013, I have been purchasing five different types of Bluetooth portable speakers, headset and headphones from different brands @ Amazon, including the above review.

You're welcome to check out my following reviews with my Amazon Verified Purchase:

# Bluetooth 4.0 mini speakers
# Bluetooth 4.0 clip-on headset compatible for all wired headphones
# Bluetooth 4.0 back-hang style headset
# Bluetooth 4.0 shower speakers.
# Bluetooth 2.0 stereo headphones with adjustable length
on January 1, 2014
We bought three of these and they are completely as advertised. Easy setup, pairing to phone, loud in the shower, good distance from phone and still functions. I thought I would have to return one and after investigation, realized the problem was a setting on my phone. I have an iPhone 4s and my kids have hand-me-down iPhone devices and an iPhone 5s. The first two worked perfectly. When I turned mine on, it was barely at half volume! After going through the settings on my iPhone, it turns out there is a setting in the OS that is the culprit - NOT the Abco speaker. So anyone who's said the speakers have cruddy volume needs to go back and check their device. For me, my phone had the 'volume check' option turn on (the kids had it off). This setting is intended to bring loud music down to the level of softer music so that if you have the volume up on a slow song you're not blowing your ears out when the next song comes on and it's much louder. I realized it had to be my phone when I went to play a podcast and it came through loud and clear after the music was half-volume. Once we turned that setting off on the phone, it worked like a charm. Again - all the issues we had were DEVICE related - the Abco works exactly as it was advertised and all three of us are perfectly happy :-)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 21, 2014
APPEARANCE:
This is a nice looking Bluetooth shower speaker that you can also take incoming phone calls on as well. I liked the classic yellow (though many other colors are available), as it reminds of a classic kids rubber-ducky bath toy. The outer plastic housing feels to have a soft, subtle grip to it; though not rubberized in any way. The speaker is small enough as to not draw much attention to itself.

FUNCTIONALITY:
If you're like me and tend to set the directions off to the side, you won't want to do that with this item. There are a series of functions that are only accessible by pressing for a certain period of time on the power button. You need the instructions to find out what to do. Once you've done it a couple of times, however, it's pretty easy to manage.

The sound is really better than I had anticipated from such a small unit. For shower/bath use, you really would not need an overly powerful sound anyway, and this was just right for me.

The "answer" function worked without incident and the person on the other end of the line could hear me just fine, though they could tell a shower was running of course. I liked answering the phone this way, rather than grabbing my phone with a wet hand.

TEST FINDINGS:
I did a full shower test, with water pouring directly over the speaker unit. I wanted to see just how waterproof it was. With a full blast of water covering it, the sound became somewhat muffled, as was expected, but not overly muffled. It still sounded good. I then used the padded keys to adjust volume, power on/off, etc. I have found it to truly be water proof, even with torture tests I put it through. The range of the Bluetooth was good as well. I could get around 30 feet or so, with a wall separating me and still connect just fine.

Overall, this is great and a bit better than I had expected. If you're looking for looking for Bluetooth shower speakers that you can answer calls on, then I can recommend this one.

I was supplied a sample so that I could report back with an honest and helpful review. I hope you found the video and this review useful.

-Josh
on January 10, 2014
I bought this as a present for my boyfriend and we have both been using it so much! The sound is great (again for the price and considering that it is waterproof). My boyfriend even started bringing it into his car since he doesn't have an auxiliary cable and he can use the Bluetooth feature and stay safe in the car.

We have had no problems syncing our devices and the charge definitely holds as long as promised. It charges quickly.

Definitely would recommend to anyone who likes to listen to music while showering and want to keep their expensive devices safe.
on October 24, 2014
We were looking for a shower speaker for my iPhone 5s. This works perfectly. I haven't had any issue with it making a loud beep noise (like some other reviews). Some reviews mention that it is too quiet - there is a volume control, but it isn't instinctive. You have to read the instructions to find it. To control volume, you have to hold the forward or back buttons down for a few seconds and then the volume would adjust. I wish that it had a separate volume control so you don't accidentally skip a song or lecture that you're listening to. It can get VERY loud and can be easily heard over the running water. My husband and I have separate iPhones and both use this (so it doesn't mind switching between devices). The suction cup is helpful (our last one had to hang on a string) and it is a good size (about the size of my small fist).
on January 5, 2014
To the lady who said she returned this product because there is no volume control - read the instructions! You must hold the previous track or next track buttons for volume down and volume up. A quick press of either will change the track while holding either will adjust the volume. Granted, would it had been easier for the makers to implement actual volume buttons? Yeah, it would. But if you read the instructions you shouldn't have a problem.

The speaker is a little larger than I expected (based on the photos), but by no means is it too big. My speaker also came without the logo printed on it as is shown in the photos (yellow version) in case that matters to anyone. Pairing is easy and the speaker syncs up easily froma cold start. Sound quality is actually not bad! Expect sound that is better, louder and a fuller than your smartphone speaker. I was surprised, actually. Bass wasn't half bad and never distorts like most cheap speakers. At really loud volumes things can sound a tiny bit shrill, but if that happens I've just turned the volume down a bit. Don't expect the most robust, rich sound -- but it's great for the shower and serves its purpose. Haven't tested the calling ability, but I doubt I ever will.

Definitely recommended!!!
on April 23, 2016
terrible. it only charges with this one really odd cord which by the way they did not include with the device. the device does not come charged, so really, I never knew if it worked or not because I returned it since I could not find a charging cord anywhere.
on February 21, 2014
Volume is loud enough to hear over shower, bathroom fans, etc. At first I was stumped how to turn the volume up, as I don't read directions much on small devices. Then I figured out the fast forward and rewind buttons are the volume when you press and hold down. Works very well. So far so good. Wish the speaker wasn't on the bottom, as much sound is lost on having to ricochet off the soap bar shelf (my shower is textured and the suction doesn't like that as much as a pure flat surface). No complaints otherwise. Recommend it. Of course not high quality THX/Dolby type of sound, but that's not what this is for. I listen to TV on it playing from my Nexus 7 1st generation. BT works fine, paired easily.
on January 20, 2014
This little speaker is easy to connect to my Droid phone and my wife's I touch, sounds really good and is loud enough to hear in the shower. The battery last us almost two weeks before charging with around one hour of use per day. (wife leaves it playing while she does makeup, etc.) The suction cup has never failed to hold the unit to the shower door. Overall a great purchase. I bought two more for presents for my kids and they love them too.