5.0 out of 5 stars Read Sherwood, For Sure!!!, November 9, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Abe Lincoln in Illinois (Hardcover)
I am particularly interested in American and British drama from the first half of the 20th century. My favorite American playwright is Robert E. Sherwood, my favorite American play is Sherwood's "The Road to Rome," and my second favorite American play is "Abe Lincoln in Illinois."
I lost all sense of time and place while reading "Abe." I forgot I was sitting on a couch in NYC, and thought I was back in Illinois with Honest Abe.
Sherwood is a FOUR-TIME Pulitzer Prize winner, and it makes me sad that this brilliant playwright is so sorely neglected, and that so many people give you a puzzled look when you mention his name.
Read this play, read the aforementioned "Road to Rome" (a love story, a laugh-out-loud comedy, and ALSO a "message play"), and your literary life will be enriched. (Trust me, I've read hundreds of plays, and heck, it ain't a piece of cake to win even ONE Pulitzer!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Autobiography of Abraham Lincoln, February 28, 2009
The book is old and, I suspect, out-of-print...which made it all the more valuable to me. It came a little slowly but not as to make it a problem. I was satisfied with the packaging and even more with the book itself.
Stu Smith

Abe Lincoln in Illinois
Abe Lincoln in Illinois by Robert E. Sherwood (Hardcover - Dec. 1980)
Used & New from: $8.94